cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Well... I started off wanting to hit 730 empties in 2021. That didn't happen.  I did well the first half of the year with 389 empties (207 of which were sheet masks) but fell off big time the second half with 138 (12 of which were masks).  I do know that I'm missing a few things here and there, mostly SPF I use for my body, bars of ivory, and some deodorant/toothpaste type of things.  I wore way less make up in 2020 and 2021 with work from home and working out in the middle of nowhere forests. I do think I still did well compared to my purchases but I need to up my masking game again to get my collection down to something more manageable.  Photos below are July to December!

03408DE0-E6DB-4D9F-B1DE-A7DF180DFF8F.jpeg

LOVES

Spoiler
Loves:
147101BE-3126-4E8C-9933-EE7B7622A097.jpeg

-Feria hair dye included conditioner.  It's a delight.  Why don't they sell this separately?
-Vampire Blood Handwash.  Made me smile.  Great Scent, great packaging.
-Perscription tretinoin 0.04%. How do you know it works? I can't really say for sure... but I just feel like it does?
-Mac Face and Body will be repurchased once I work through a few more base products. 
-MUFE HD powder.  No oxidizing, slightly blurring, decent price point.  My favourites so far is the pressed, but it's a constant re-buy.
-Glossier Boy Brow has moved my brow routine to just a tinted brow gel.  I'm using a few different ones at the moment, but do have another as back up.  
-Kosas Concealer.  I'm on my second tube and have a third ready to go shortly.  I'm forever looking for the perfect concealer, this is pretty dang good.
-Beauty Blender.  I'm not sold on needing the beauty blender brand, but it's how I prefer to apply all my base products and blush.
-L'occitane body moisturizer.  Love the scent, soaks in nicely, but pricy for a body moisturizer in my opinion. 
-Sulwhasoo serum, moisturizer and eye cream.  Yep, these are great.  Their price point... ouch.  I'll end up buying full sizes of the serum and moisturizer at some point, on sale only lol.
-Darphin Intral serum.  All the yes.  Again, spend, but I'll pick some up once I work through some of the products I have on hand already when a sale roles around.

Spoiler
6FF35D42-5C50-4647-8CAF-7139E8B85710.jpeg

-Sephora and Philosophy Shower Gel -- I like both equally.  I enjoy changing up my shower gel based pretty much exclusively on scent so I'll end up buying more of each of these at some point.
-Briogio and Amika S&C - Both are really good and work well for me.  Again, an area where I like to try out new formulas, but both of these are repurchases and will be repurchased again at some point I'm sure.
-Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo - This was a gift from BIC and LP.  I didn't know I needed a clarifying shampoo... but I liked having it to use once or twice a month.  Very much needed to use a hair mask after this though as my hair felt quite straw like after using it.
-Native Deo has been a go to for me this year.  I enjoy that they have seasonal scents and have been buying the three pack online to get a bit of a better deal.  Works well, but can leave white marks at times if I'm not careful.  
-DP Hue dye? What is this? A dye? A gloss?  Either way it helped me stretch times between dying my hair.  I'd use it again.  It took a bit to figure out how to use it and to be careful in the shower with it to avoid having to scrub my white tile lol. 
-DE TLC isn't available in Canada but I like to grab it when I'm in the US.  I'll end up getting it again, but I'm also finding that since using tretinoin I used this much less.

GOOD

Spoiler
Good

691A6463-5D6F-41CD-9BB9-85A6D232D4E7.jpeg

-SDJ Shampoo & Conditioner were just okay.  They did smell fantastic though.  In the future I'll stick to the body wash for my shower smelly needs.
-Sephora Hand Wash - this is fine, but storing multiple bottles in the cabinet I use is a pain with the shape of the bottle.  The lagoon scent was just okay to me.  If more scents come out I'll give them a go, but I think BBW is more along my preference. 
-Verb Hair mask... was... okay.  Nothing bad about it, just not as good as moisturizing as me or my split end, dyed, self cut strands want or need.
-The ACV rinse... I'm not in love with this... but I'm game to try it again/more to see if I change my mind.  Jury is still out.

MEH

Spoiler
Meh

C2264489-6D89-4436-8688-790590D20BFC.jpeg

-random black liners I never really have a favourite, they just ... are.
-Stila liquid liner in brown.  I prefer a brush liner.  I do like the brown shade.
-random nail files.  
-Ordinary Cleanser.  I used this as a second cleanse at night or as a one stop show in the morning.  It was ... okay, but from time to time it stung a bit if my skin was particularly dry.  
-First Aid Beauty sample of something or another to help with dark spots.  Um... nope.  I'll just get laser done if I need it, not gonna spend time and money messing around with creams that only sorta work after prolonged use. 

NOPE

Spoiler
Nope
B979C502-A176-4DC2-8625-8C355DA271CB.jpeg

-SR tidal arrived to me 'broken' as in the cream had separated. It also stung a bit when my skin was quite dry.  Pass.
-111 Skin... I ordered this from IPSY and was aghast when I saw the full price.  Heck no.  It was heavily scented and not in a good way.  It also didn't do anything wonderous for my dry skin.
- The rest just weren't to my tastes. 

Masks and samples 

Spoiler
6C15DCCD-FDEE-4495-BC01-2E14B406B8AC.jpeg

2110A804-1320-43ED-A847-FFB603B25921.jpeg

 couple of the samples led to full size purchases. The Dae S&C smell wonderful and we’re nice enough to buy full size to test further. The Summer Fridays balm reminded me of my favourite original bite beauty lip mask so I picked up the holiday three pack! 

@missjeanie  I think you did an awesome job. Even if you didn’t catch your goal you sill did a great job. 

@ather Thanks!  Going through my stash I realize how much I do have versus use so it'll be a challenge year this year lol

@missjeanie Holy guacamole! That is very highly impressed even though you didn't hit your goal.

@QueenMarceline  I was originally set on doing more sheet masking. I’ll get back on track with them this year to whittle the collection down a bit! Gonna aim for the 730 again this year!

@missjeanie This is my first year fully keeping track of empties/doing a project pan. Your goals and accomplishments this year are super inspiring (even if I don't hit my goals, I'm going to try to aim big).

@missjeanie @Wow! Look at all the makeup empties! Makeup is so hard to finish. Great job!

@BluePaisley Agreed, makeup takes so long. It’s a good reminder I do t need to buy so much at once lol! 

Fabulous progress, @missjeanie!! That vampire blood is too cute!! That kosas concealer is on my list, nice to hear it works well!!

@haleyvvvv  You really should give the Lisa’s a go! Such a nice finish and coverage. 

Excellent job!! @missjeanie great progress!!

October-Decber Empties 

5💖 Would buy immediately 

20220101_130959~3.jpg

4🤩 Really like, could repurchase, but likely there's something I like better or it's too $$ 

20220101_131943~2.jpg

3🌟 They're okay; wouldn't repurchase but wouldn't be mad if I got again 

20220101_132916(0)~2.jpg

2💫 Either worked but had a fatal flaw (green dots), was exceedingly meh (yellow dots) or didn't work but didn't hurt (red/magenta dots) 

20220101_134700~3.jpg

? Truly no idea what I feel about them 

20220101_135047~2.jpg

1🌠 No go 

20220101_134930~2.jpg

Quarterly/YTD Totals 

Full sized 32/85 

Deluxe/Travel size 47/150 

Foils 23/114 

Sheet Masks (includes DDG pads) 46/154 

Decluttered 0/23 

Total 148/526 

----------

My goals for next year are to hit 400 (I've a lot less foils) and to post updates monthly. 

@haleyvvvv  Great job. Glad to see tower 28 at the top. I’ve been using it so much lately my poor face hasn’t been responding well. 

Thank you, @ather!! It's definitely a skin saver!! I'm sorry to hear about your face, hope it's feeling better!!

@haleyvvvv  My face has been much better *knocks on wood* since I discontinued the cleanser I thought was causing the issue. I’ve started a new one and it’s been working well. 

I spy some of my favourite SDJ products up there @haleyvvvv .  I keep meaning to try out the Tower 28 spray too, glad to know it's a love.

That classic SDJ scent is mostly all I want in my body wash and lotions; it's a classic for a reason @missjeanie. But ooof they make a terrible scrub imo, lol.

Dang, @haleyvvvv, that's impressive!

Thank you, @CookieGirl1!! 

Good job!! @haleyvvvv 

Thank you, @lmaster!! 

10,615 Replies
testing