cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@ather, I have a sample that one of the castmembers made me and have been using my fingers for application for the last few uses. I will try your brush first, then sponge to finish approach next. I've set with the Charlotte Tilbury setting spray a couple of times and have also used a pressed powder. Both have worked well and the foundation has had good lasting power.

@itsfi  Oooo I’ll have to try with my fingertips! I never think to do it that way! 

You are more disciplined & refined than I @ather. Applying it with my fingers is faster for me. For days when I’m lazy, errrr, I mean, when I’m carefree-and-easygoing 😝 

Excellent job!! @ather 

@lmaster  Thank you sweetie! 

@scott1201 Lovely June empties!

@Mellmars1185  Thank you! I always feel bad I don’t use enough!

June 2023 Empties (MTD = 37 (with sheet masks not pictured) / YTD = 245) (breakdown in spoiler)

June Empties 3.jpg

The Sol de Janeiro Mini Bom Dia Bright™ Clarifying AHA BHA Body Wash 3 oz / 90 mL is lovely and something I'd happily use again. Everything else is a love and if it's not been repurchased, will be soon, particularly the 

OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Mineral Face Sunscreen SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 mL (creamy without being heavy and love the blurring effect & sun protection); OLEHENRIKSEN Pout Preserve Hydrating Peptide Lip Treatment Original (plumping peptides, sign me up! Doesn't hurt that it smells like a creamsicle 😉); Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer and iS Clinical Warming Honey Cleanser. 

June Empties 2.jpg

I keep a few of the individually packaged nail polish removers with me when I travel - they really come in handy and these ones from Cutex are my favorite so far for individually packaged removers. The INKEY List Mini Oat Cleansing Balm 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is a no fuss, no muss cleanser that I know will clean and cleanse my skin without irritation regardless of my travel conditions. SEPHORA COLLECTION Shower Oil Argan 6.76 oz / 200 mL is one I would repurchase. The Mother Earth candle smelled wonderful - a lovely blend of floral, earth and herbs. It was a gift and a well loved one. I'm not sure I've ever smelled a scent like it before - the notes were all pronounced, but the main ones, the rose and patchouli didn't overwhelm or compete with each other. An outdoorsy spa oasis in a candle.

_June Empties 1.jpg

Cosmedix Bakuchiol Complete is a love 💖 and will be repurchased. I'm on the fence about the sample of the MARA Algae + Zinc® Sea Kale Mineral Sunscreen Sérum SPF 30 1 oz / 30 mL and the amika Perk Up Plus Extended Clean Dry Shampoo 5.3 oz / 200 mL - love the original version, this one is fine enough but I'm not sure if at the point that I use it (day 3 or 4 after wash) my hair just really needs a wash. 

Travel and Foil Empties:

June 2023 Foils 1.jpg

The SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Eye Mask Caffeine are a must for travel (or even when I'm home) as are the Kao Megrhthym Gentle Steam Eye Masks.

June 2023 Foils 2.jpg

The Fresh and Farmacy are frequently in my skincare routine. The eye butter may find its way there at some point, and the SdJ Firmeza Oil as well. This is a cross-post from the Foil Challenge  thread where I reviewed the items in more detail.

Year-to-Date Breakdown:

Spoiler
CategoryYTD
Skincare94
Sheet Masks41
Makeup10
Bath & Body18
Hair Care26
Nail Care8
Fragrance5
Wellness0
Candles25
Tools3
Other15
                   TOTAL245

SizeYTD
Full Size86
Deluxe / Travel / Mini33
Foils80
Sheet Masks46
                 TOTAL245

We're halfway through 2023 BIC! Crazy!!! Based on the numbers, it seems like total empties at year end might end up in the 490-500 count. I'm fairly certain I'll fall below that given that I'll be working through more full sizes than foils now, and I will most likely decant some of those full sized beauties into travel friendly containers during this last half of the year, which will see a heavier-than-usual work travel schedule for me. But, we shall see.

Tags:

@itsfi what great selection! That IS cleanser sounds wonderful. Did you see that SdJ is releasing another body wash Sol de Janeiro Mini Beija Flor™ Renewing Body Wash 3 oz / 90 mL ?

Thank you @makeitup305! I'm trying not to go down a rabbit hole with iS Clinical and just stick to loving the honey face cleanser in the cooler months. We'll see how that pans out; I really have gone down plenty of rabbit holes with different brand - no regrets and have found some great products along the way. 

That SdJ fragrance range is my favorite of all their scents and I was thrilled to see the new addition. SdJ sent me a mini of the body wash (and I purchased one when they had early access) - need to pull it out to try. I've been busy with a few projects at work and home so I've not had too much time to get to other things, like beauty products. Making a note to sort through some boxes to set aside the body wash. 

@itsfi I haven’t tried anything from IS Clinical but I’ve heard good things. I don’t need another rabbit hole either lol I might pick up the SdJ body wash during the sale. I feel like I remember what it smelled like but not 100% sure. Let me know what you think!

Oh my, half over already @itsfi ? That seems so fast. 😅

Fabulous work on your empties this month!

Thank you @CynthieLu. A lot of full size products were used up in June, so it probably means it'll be a while before a handful of full sizes come up empty again. 😀 

@itsfi Wooo great job!!!

Thank you @Samtian! It’ll be interesting to see what the final tally looks like at the end of the year. I’ve been trying to not have too many full size products opened at once so I can just work through the ones I do open and then take foils with me when I travel, but I may decant the full size into travel bottles for my next few work trips. 🤔 I didn’t realize my full size and foils usage would be so close at this point. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Great job!! @itsfi 

Thank you @lmaster. One of the plus side to having all my stuff in boxes 📦 is that I work my way through what I have out a lot more quickly. 😆 

@itsfi Lots of full size empties. Great work! The individually packages nail polish remover is so neat. I have not seen it before. I use the same brand in the bottle and I find it very effective.

@Mellmars1185 I love the packets. I keep some in my glove box of my car for days I forget to take nail polish off before work. 

@Mellmars1185, if you’re able to find the individual packets, I highly recommend picking up a box; to have on hand for travel. I like full size bottle too - my second favorite nail polish remover after Zoya. 💅🏼 

@itsfi  Wow impressive!!! Looks like this month you used a lot of your tried and true products, with a few new ones sprinkled in! You can’t go wrong using your tried and true! I love that you have a favourite nail polish remover for travel. That really would come in handy! I have had the OLEHENRIKSEN Pout Preserve Hydrating Peptide Lip Treatment Original  on my radar and I’ll have to pick it up and give it a try! 

10,744 Replies
testing