cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@itsfi  wow, awesome empties, great job! And you are so organized at keeping track of them all, it's really inspiring to me to try to do the same!

Thank you @caitbird! Keeping organized with my tracking has been helpful for me to know where or which categories I need to be better mindful of purchases or samples. To me, it's all about finding a system that works for you. Right now, that's full, deluxe, foils and sheet masks and then a breakdown of the beauty categories things fall into. This has worked for me for the last couple of years, but I may tweak it just a smidge for 2024, depending on what I'm interested in tracking, or what mood I'm in. I'm interested in what you decide to track. 

@itsfi  it's interesting to hear how you work out your system! I'll have to brainstorm a bit to figure out what might work for me (and I foresee a lot of tweaking in the process as well). But I love making lists and organizing things (though you wouldn't know it from the state of my bedroom currently 😅) so it should be fun!

@caitbird, the tweaking is all part of the process. Here are some ways that I've organized my empties and my tracking - 

Current System

• Collect empties in Ziploc bags - quart size for foils, gallon size for sheet masks, another gallon size for everything else. I place the Ziplocs in a shopping bag that usually lives (somewhat discreetly) either under the bathroom sick or a corner of my bedroom. 
  • Take a photo of the empties on a weekly basis, usually the day or night before the trash gets collected. Anything that can be recycled is and everything else goes in the trash bin.
  • Depending on what I have going on, I might start tallying my empties. If work is busy or life is otherwise full, that happens another day. I only post MTD (month-to-date) and YTD (year-to-date) numbers on a monthly basis. The breakdown of the number of empties by category happens on a quarterly basis now. I used to include that monthly. 
  • Write a general overview of most of the empties, with more focused/detailed mini reviews of certain products

Past Systems:

• Sort / collect empties in Ziploc bags, shopping bags or bins by loves, likes, meh or no. At one point, my categories were also "Loves", "Likes" "Lackluster" and "Loathe" or the same but breaking out the "Likes" into "Likes and repurchase worthy" and "Likes but will not repurchase". 

• Sort / collect empties in Ziploc or shopping bags by product size, and they all went into a bin or a larger shopping bag

• Sort / collect empties in Ziploc or shopping bags by beauty category and they all went into a bin or a larger shopping bag - this approach did not last very long - some months with sheet masks included in the skincare category, other months with sheet masks as their own separate category, depending on how often I would reach for a sheet mask

• Post MTD / YTD, along with a breakdown of categories every month

• Write a mini review of each product - I'd love to still do this, but time just gets away from me most days

@itsfi  wow, thanks for the detailed background! I really do need to come up with a better system for storing and keeping track of my empties. You've definitely inspired me here! 💜

Glad to hear it’s helpful. So much will depend on what you want to track and your preference for storage and space. It’ll be fun to go on this journey with you as you find what works best for you, @caitbird. And to see the products you work through. Posting on the boards is great for support, and yes, learning about products. 🤣 

Beautifully photographed and organized as always! @itsfi 

I would repurchase JVN Mini Complete Blowout Styling Milk too 😉 that stuff is goooood!

@CynthieLu, I'm debating whether to pick up the full size or the mini ... or both. 😂

Decisions decisions. (😉 One for home and for travel ?) 💕 @itsfi 

That was exactly what I was thinking @CynthieLu! And now that you’ve said it, it’s not just me rationalizing why getting both is a good idea. 😆 Thank you! You should treat yourself to something for this! 😉 

Lol! Oooh you don't have to worry @itsfi I jumped on a pretty special palette that was released yesterday and it was a splurge let me tell you girl!  I've definitely been treated 😉🩷

I’m getting all my releases jumbled but was it the Charlotte Tilbury The Beautyverse Palette - Xmas 2023? Wait, if you don’t want to say no worries. I shall keep my eyes peeled on the hauls thread. 🛍️ Speaking of which, another thread or two (September and this month) I need to catch up on. 😆 The enabling encouragement continues … 

Fabulous job 🙌 @itsfi 

Thank you @lmaster. It ebbs and flows with empties, as you know! This was a good month number-wise, but less loves than I have been having; though there were less tried-and-true items too, so there's that.

Another pretty slow month for me. All empties are my favs and have been replaced or will be replaced during the sale!!

IMG_0707.jpeg

here is my foils. I will cross post in the foil challenge. I find it hard to say if I love them with such a small sample. I would try all again but I don’t think I found any product I would purchase right away. 

IMG_0706.jpeg

Nice job @ather

@faeriegirl @Thank you! 

@ather Looks like great work to me!

@Samtian  Thanks. Now I am doing better on foils I need to start to focus on my DS. 

@ather Excellent empties and a lot of foils used in September!

@Mellmars1185  Thank you. Minus the ones in my bathroom counter I only have 20 foils left of face products! Pretty proud!! 

10,744 Replies
testing