cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@CookieGirl1 Great empties! You used up a lot of FS items and candles. I haven't tried anything from Rhode yet. Thanks for the great feedback.

IMG_5279.jpeg

IMG_5184.jpeg

Didn’t think I’d collect so many empties so soon but I ended up finishing a bunch of products all at once.

Loves

Spoiler
Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream
I like this one more so than the Vaseline one. I can still feel some moisture even after washing hands quickly. Great hand cream that I will probably repurchase at some point. 

Avene Trixera Nutri-Fluid Lotion
A good body lotion. It’s thin enough to work into my skin easily but still feels moisturizing. I just wish it were a touch cheaper. Already repurchased.

Etude Soon Jung Cica Balm
I have repurchased this so many times I’ve lost count! It’s lighter than Vaseline or Aquaphor but still does a good job of sealing in moisture. The addition of Cica and B5 help keep my skin calm too. 

The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Brightening Cream 1 oz/ 30 mL 
In the summer, I had a really stubborn scratch between my eyebrows that absolutely refused to heal. I did EVERYTHING I could think of short of going to the doctor for something prescription strength. Finally I remember @CynthieLu posting about this, so I bought it and gave it a try. It helped get that spot on the healing path. I kept using it whenever I had some stubborn abrasions that wouldn’t close up. Will repurchase if needed (hopefully I won’t need to anymore though 🤞)

Spoiler
Rimmel Brow Pro Microdefiner
I’m disappointed in how quickly I used this one up. Lovely shade though. I should have just trusted my instincts and gone to Sephora

SEPHORA COLLECTION Retractable EyeBrow Pencil - Waterproof 02 Nutmeg brown 
This was just a wee bit too light for me. I made it work for filling in sparse areas of my brows but it was more difficult to define them. Repurchased already but in a better shad.

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 
I checked the ingredients list and saw Niacinamide towards the bottom. I tried it any way thinking since it’s at the end of the list, it isn’t heavily present in the serum. I did feel minor tingling but it was tolerable. If I ever NEED something with Niacinamide, this might be the one.

Destash

Spoiler
Covergirl Setting Powder
The translucent one wasn’t truly translucent and always lightened the areas I applied it on. I also found both to be very drying for me and always left my makeup looking dry and full of texture. Time to let them go.

NYX Wonderstick
Probably the only drugstore cream contour I know of. It was a bit thick and tricky to blend. It’s just taking up space now.

Mariposa Lipstick
A dollar store find. Decently pigmented and creamy, unlike other dollar store makeup. I never actually used it as a lipstick but rather as a colour corrector for my 5 o’clock shadow. It worked but always left me feeling a little stuffy in that area. Finally replaced with something better. 

@JoSometimes  Oh great job with empties and destashing!   I’m going to keep this Azelic acid in the back of my mind.  Isn’t Aveeno a good brand?  And Avene too!  Eczema takes a lot of work.  It’s a daily thing no matter what the weather 😫.  

@Cissy63 Aveeno is pretty good. I like it a little more than Vaseline’s eczema products. Avene is a good body lotion. Sometimes when a lotion is too thick and I really have to work it into my skin, it gets irritated. I like that Avene isn’t too thick and I don’t have to work it as much but it sinks in quickly and is plenty moisturizing. 

Great work this month! @JoSometimes. Your loves list is very skin impressive, I hope you have a good stash of skin loves going into winter. Its going to be needed. 🩵 I'm so thrilled the Azelaic Acid is working for you, hurray!! 🎉

I still find destashing intimidating sometimes but it t feels sooo great too be rid of anything that isn't really working. 

@CynthieLu Eczema is a never ending battle. Just when I think it’s finally over, some other area flares up. 😩

Destashing is challenge. With lipsticks and eyeshadow, you just never know when a look might call for it! Complexion products are much easier to let go since they won’t look right if they aren’t a good match for skin tone. 

That's exactly what goes through my mind when I'm trying too destash makeup @JoSometimes. I think something like, but I could need it down the road, 😅 it's difficult lol. But yeah skin care misses, very easy to let go of. 

It's always fun to finish off a few things all at once, @JoSometimes.  Good job on the Empties!

@CookieGirl1 It totally is! Though it does come with a bit of sticker shock when I have to replace a bunch of things all at once. 

@JoSometimes yeah, I know the feeling 🙄.

@JoSometimes Fabulous job!!!

Thank you @Samtian

good to know about the azelaic acid @JoSometimes. I wonder if it would help heal up my skin when I pick at it 😬

@makeitup305 The great thing about the Ordinary is that it’s cheap enough to experiment with!

I usually turn to an OTC antibiotic ointment first if I have a stubborn abrasion or scab that just won’t heal. But that didn’t work at all, so I tried this out and it went away. 

@JoSometimes I was in dire need the other day after I picked hard at my face. Thanks for the rec!

Oh no @makeitup305! I hope it works out and you find some relief soon. 

@JoSometimes  great job with the empties and destashes!

Thank you @caitbird!

Great job!! @JoSometimes 

Thank you @lmaster!

@JoSometimes Great empties. Looks like you used a lot of moisturizer. That reminds me that I should use it more often, especially with the cooler weather coming. Excellent job on destashing what no longer serves you.

10,745 Replies
testing