cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@itsfi what does the Bath & Body Works Vampire Blood soap smell like?

@rosegoldlovely, it’s got a fruity floral scent to it. It’s described as strawberry, jasmine and plum. I don’t really pick up any plum, but then again, I’m not sure if I associate a scent with plum either. 😆 

@itsfi I only use Bath & Body Works (gel) soaps for my bathroom. Right now, I have Strawberry Tart in there. I make sure I have my wallflowers, bathroom soap, and living room candle scents are the same. My wallflowers and living room candle are Strawberry Pound Cake. The closest soap I could find was Strawberry Tart.

I'm thinking about using Kitchen Lemon soap in the bathroom, Limoncello candle, and Sunshine & Lemons for my next wallflowers. For Christmas I can't wait to use Frosted Cranberry. I don't like Winter scents much, but I fell in love with that one! 😉

Ooooh, strawberry pound cake!!! Sounds wonderful @rosegoldlovely. The candle and an actual strawberry pound cake! 😝 

@itsfi have you tried to the Sol de Janeiro shampoo and conditioner, yet?

I had the full sized ones and they were very hydrating and left my hair smooth and shiny.

So many great empties @itsfi!!!! I just finished the PC BHA too. Is it weird that I absolutely loved this product even though I can't really tell if it's working?! LOL I have another bottle waiting to use after I finish my sample of the Glow Recipe PHA + BHA Toner to make sure I'm not just falling for hype.

Is the Lychee mask the new "clean" mask? If so, is it any different from the old "dirty" ones? BTW, I tried the Peach Slices Hydrate mask, and it's a good one too. 

@sephoraaddict918, that’s not weird at all! I actually realized how it works for my skin when I took a break from it. I didn’t break out but I could tell my pores seemed to clog up more easily / frequently when I left it out of my routine.

The lychee is from the clean collection. I like the lychee masks from both lines but I think that I may like the lychee one from the new clean line more. That’s not the case for me with all the masks in the clean line though.

@itsfi love your song labels!! Great job

Thank you @lmaster! 😊 I wanted to have some fun with the empties. I did another music based one earlier in the year and thought another go ‘round would be nice. 

@itsfi Yay I'm glad you liked the soap! I've been eyeing that The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Masque, I hope it works as well for me 🙂

@ohheyitscindyk, I found the TO SA masque  to be gentle enough to use nearly every night, as a spot treatment or for a larger area. I was surprised that it didn’t dry out my skin but was also able to help with some breakouts. I hope it works out well for you.

@itsfi I'll def have to check it out then! It's so hard finding something for acne that won't dry out my skin, especially during these colder months. Thank you!

Empties for this month:

Nothing too impressive.Nothing too impressive.The Bath & Body Works candle is one of my absolute favorites. I would never use the St. Ives scrub on my face but it made a perfect body scrub :-).The Bath & Body Works candle is one of my absolute favorites. I would never use the St. Ives scrub on my face but it made a perfect body scrub :-).All of these were okay but I wouldn't repurchase any of them.All of these were okay but I wouldn't repurchase any of them.These are actually just declutters because they were all awful!These are actually just declutters because they were all awful!

@CookieGirl1 great bunch of empties!

August Empties

AugMasks.jpgAugEmp.jpg

Spoiler
Notes:
Nugg Skin Fizz, which I suspect has been discontinued.
Sachajuan Hair Cleansing Cream, this was another expired sample so I used before tossing. I use the FS as one of two shampoos my hair tolerates.
Pyunkang Yul Essence - slightly viscous essence that my skin loves. An easy repurchase.
Rodial Glamolash Mascara XXL - this mascara made by lashes look so pretty, and natural, but it took some work to make it work. The product itself is very thick, and I had to apply numerous coats to get my final look. But it was always pretty, and always worth it. There are just so many other mascaras that make it easier with the same results.

The Biossance Detox Mask with Tea Tree Oil Mask is very, very strongly scented. It's been a few months and it is veering on a turpentine scent, so I am tossing. 

Everything else was good, overall a quiet but good month.

YTD 
Sheet Masks249
FS85
DS96
Foils84
Total514

@eshoe I hate it when good products get discontinued 😔

It’s happened with so many of my favorites @CookieGirl1, getting attached to anything in beauty is risky business🤔

@eshoe I know! I'm guilty of buying backups of some of my favorites if I suspect that they're going by the wayside but I really try not to stock up on stuff too much. Catch 22.

Yeah, @CookieGirl1 - I guess if anything it’s a reminder to just appreciate the present. 

Noooooo @eshoe not discontinued 😣 great job!! 

@lmaster I found a few in the brand’s site and bought them, along with a Kale/Lemongrass version which sounded good in theory. The scent is almost unbearable, but the results are good, so there is that😂

5,061 Replies