cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

IMG_5766.jpeg

A few more empties.

Loves

Spoiler
Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray 4 oz/ 120 mL 
This is a repurchase and was already repurchased during the sale. I did recently come across another hypochlorous acid spray on social media, so I may give that a try in the future if I can find it in store

Etude House Soon Jung Cica Balm
Another repurchase that has already been repurchased. 

Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Tinted Moisturizer 32N I received a sample of this. It felt lightweight, with light coverage. I don’t know that I would call it a moisturizer but more of a tint. I might get a full size in the future. 

Quo Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover
What can I say? It works as expected. I think they’ve rebranded a little bit so this exact bottle is no longer available. I’m currently trying out nourishing polish remover.

Meh

Spoiler
Verb Mini Volume Dry Texture Spray 1.6 oz / 58 ml My hair is quite thick and straight. This didn’t really do much to keep my hair in place. I’ve already found something I like better. 

Lancôme Mini Lash Idôle Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara 01 Glossy Black 
It was an okay mascara. It was clumpy at times. Nothing really special to me. I won’t be repurchasing. 

Farmacy Clearly Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 
Its not as good as the previous Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm. I have something else I’m trying right now. This one is a maybe for repurchase.

Mumuso Snail Moisturizing Hydrogel
Non-irritating and hydrating but nothing really special. It felt like it did the same thing as my Hyaluronic acid serums. I won’t likely repurchase.

MAC Cosmetics Studio Radiance Serum-Powered Foundation 
I received a sample directly from Mac. It felt good on my skin but not significantly different from my current foundation. It’s not worth it to me to spend the extra money switching, so I won’t be purchasing a full-size anytime soon. 

@JoSometimes  Great job! 

Thank you @ather!

Great job on your empties! 🥳

I ended up having to return Farmacy Clearly Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL @JoSometimes I had a bad reaction too it, I really miss Green Clean too.

What I'm using instead use SEPHORA COLLECTION Melting Cleansing Balm with Algae Extract 4.22 oz / 125 mL, it's not as amazing as green clean but it's pretty good stuff. 

@CynthieLu If I remember correctly, you were using The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL a while back. How would you compare that one with the SC balm you’re using now?

Yes you are 💯 percent correct. I have a back up bottle waiting too be open at this moment. @JoSometimes 

I love that one. 😄

So I think of SC as a make up remover, I think of my OB as more skin care that removes make up. I can wear it as a mask, I never have too worry about my skin when I use it. So I need that back up bottle in case of a skin care emergency. I'll use it more and more as the dry weather comes about. Right now I really am trying to have less open and use what I have 😅 but I have a few different things open constantly depending what routine I'm doing. Dry, Red, Retinol nights etc... sooooo I'm still trying to find a healthy balance but I think I am in a ok place 😉

Interesting thoughts on the Oat balm @CynthieLu. You’re right about wearing it as a mask for a little bit since it has oat and could potentially calm down irritated skin. And I hear you about having too many things open. I’m trying really hard not to have too many things in the go too. 

@JoSometimes Great job on these empties! 🙂 So sorry the Cleanly Clean version did not work out that well for you, I'll keep that in mind as well since the Original Farmacy Green Clean is a holy grail for me. 

@QueenMarceline Definitely check the label before you buy. I think Green Clean is still available State-side. Canadians no longer have it on the shelves…

@JoSometimes So sorry to hear that, do you know why they got rid of Green Clean in Canada? 😞 

@QueenMarceline I’m not entirely sure. It might have something to do with our stricter regulations when it comes to beauty products. Health Canada actually looks at the ingredients in some cosmetics.

@JoSometimes the Farmacy is such a good one. I just replaced mine with a Beauty of Joseon that I think is even better, if you ever get a chance to try it. I remember you mentioning that you wished the Tower 28 came in a jumbo size in Canada. Have you looked at the Briotech Topical Skin Spray on Amazon? It's a hypochlorous acid spray with only 3 ingredients. I've been using it post-workout on my body to avoid breakouts and it has seemed to work well so far. 

Thank you for the tips @makeitup305! I was a fan of Clean Green but Clearly Clean isn’t quite as good.

I’ve read good things about Beauty of Joseon in general. Right now I’m using COSRX Cica Cleanser and I’m liking it more than Clearly Clean. 

@JoSometimes from BoJ I've tried a cleanser, a serum, a sunscreen, and the makeup remover. I've liked all of them. The serum was the least "wow" but it's always hard to tell when they're actually doing something as part of an already established routine. I would definitely repurchase the cleanser, the cleansing balm, and the sunscreen.

Great job! @CynthieLu 

@CynthieLu Great job! Did you like any of the fragrances?

Yes I totally did @BluePaisley in that pile of fragrance mini's were Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Beach Walk 3.4 oz/ 100 mL eau de toilette spray and Givenchy Irresistible Eau de Parfum, I looovvee those scents. 🤩

@CynthieLu Great job with all these empties! We have similar feelings about that Lancôme mascara. 

I kept trying to make it work @JoSometimes but I ended up giving up on it  🗑

@CynthieLu At least we tried!

10,781 Replies
testing