Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Sephora

Stores & Services
Find a Sephora

Happening at Sephora

Services

From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Hahahaha!!! @eshoe I'll take it 😉❣️

@eshoe 🥑🍞 so cute!! 

Thank you @averylayne 😊 

Wow that masking picture is an inspiration to keep my empties @eshoe but I'm so lazy! Very cute background!

@ShortErica thank you, I would love to assemble all 12 photos this year for a 1,000 piece puzzle. Shutterfly only does 250.

Boo! 250 is not enough. Maybe another company does more @eshoe 

I need to rememebr to come back and post so that I can throw these away. 

These are most of my February empties. A few empties accidentally went straight to recycling or trash. 😄 

The DDG is a staple. The other 2 are new loves.The DDG is a staple. The other 2 are new loves.One of these masks I hate using, but my skin loves the results.One of these masks I hate using, but my skin loves the results.These are perfectly fine; not the best but certainly not the worst.These are perfectly fine; not the best but certainly not the worst.

Spoiler
DDG Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum has been a love for at least a year. This DS is from one of the marked-down Play boxes I bought; 3 of these DS tubes = 1 FS bottle and cost much less. This is why it pays to keep an eye on individual Play boxes for sale. 😉 Unfortunately, these little tubes aren’t reusable; I used this one up specifically to see if I could easily crack it open once empty (without breaking it), but nope. That’s too bad because it’s an airless vacuum pump tube. It would’ve been perfect for travel. Oh well. 

Paula’s Choice RESIST Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser won me over. It leaves absolutely no dry patches behind and doesn’t burn my eyes. I bought a FS bottle for morning use. 

Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask is from my Sephora birthday gift. My kinky coils loved it! I only got one use out of the birthday sample, though. I’m not fully sold on a full size yet, so I bought the mini duo of this conditioner and its matching shampoo for further testing. 

I used some of my favorite masks this month: Biobelle InstantDetox, SNP Per Fit Double Moisturizing Bio-Cell, Frudia Pomegranate Nutri-Moisturizing, and even that dang OOZOO Hydro-Lift Face Injection mask I can’t quit using because my skin loves it. Newfound like-a-lots are the Farmskin Superfood Salad Purifying Mask, The Orchid Skin Orchid Flower Moisture Mask, and Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Green Squeeze mask (thank you @lmaster  for gifting me this one! 💚).  

Probably won’t repurchase.Probably won’t repurchase.

Spoiler
Briogeo Scalp Revival scrub is also from the Sephora birthday gift. This felt nice and tingly-cooling on my scalp, but I think it may have caused some breakouts and minor irritation on my forehead—mostly likely due to spearmint oil. It did get my scalp clean, thanks to its scrubby particles, but I don’t think it did much to clean my hair since it contains no SLS. (I’m definitely not aboard the “no SLS” bandwagon; when my hair’s dirty, it needs sulfates.) So even if I did use this again, I’d have to follow with another shampoo. 

Paula’s Choice Hydrating Gel-to-Cream Cleanser came as GWP in a couple of PC direct orders last year, and I finally used up these 2 DS bottles. This cleanser is neither particularly hydrating nor creamy. It’s not bad. It just doesn’t live up to PC’s claims. To make this work for my dry zones, I had to mix it with the PC Optimal Results cream cleanser. I definitely won’t buy this one. 

Ineffective and/or harmful for my face.Ineffective and/or harmful for my face.

Spoiler
Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Yellow Squeeze Mask isn’t terrible, but it doesn’t do much for my skin. The serum seems to just sit on my face post-masking: massaging doesn’t help it sink in, and it always pills 5 minutes later. I’ll try to re-home my remaining Yellow Squeeze masks. 

Yadah Soothing Jelly Pack is another mask that does nothing for my skin, and it always leaves a white cast behind. I need to offload the rest of these, too. 

The Saem Pure Natural Snail Mask is a huge disappointment. Its serum is so watery, it feels like I’ve pressed plain ol’ H2O against my face for 20 minutes instead of a nourishing cocktail—and honestly, plain water would be more hydrating than this serum. 

Drunk Elephant Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser came from last year’s birthday gift. It’s too drying for my face. Rather than ditch the whole tube, I tried to find ways to use it, including mixing it with a better cleanser for a while. It’s also too drying for the rest of my body, so I couldn’t use it as a body wash. This year I realized I still had this tube hanging around 😄 so I started using it as a hand wash. That’s how I finally used it all up. As long as I immediately applied lotion or hand cream after washing, while my hands were still fairly wet, it was okay. 

Wow that's an impressive bunch of empties!! So happy you enjoy those masks!! @WinglessOne 

Weekly empties

CD4317DE-23A2-414C-85F3-45DF100F219C.jpeg

I would definitely repurchase the Ouai chill pills they smell so good. The Farmacy I used to love but the last few times I’ve used it it has irritated my skin. The IGK was just ok. I had forgotten how much I liked the Kiehls eye cream. Both CT samples were really nice. The Lord Jones body lotion was a big no. It smells terrible.

@faeriegirl Lots of great items! I love the OUAI Chill Pills. I am obsessed with baths! 

Best,
Rebecca

RE: Empties - V2

My February empties! Loved loved loved the NARS concealer, and bath and body works shower gel, bought replacements for those already. Also loved the TF mascara at first but after about a month it got SUPER clumpy, thick, and gross. So I doubt I’ll repurchase. Also loved the Fenty Killawatt highlighter but I have soo many other highlighters I’ll hold off repurchasing that as well. Everything else was just alright, and probably won’t repurchase any of them

Re: RE: Empties - V2

Hi @samkeaysxo,

I love that concealer too! It is amazing! 

Best,
Rebecca

This month's goal was to use up some partials I had laying around and also some of those deluxe samples I always forget I have.  

Unlabeled tubes are Glossier Boy Brow and Glossier Lash Stick.  Boy Brow is a HG for me so I already opened up one of the my backups.  Lash stick brush was great for lengthening but not for volume.  So I've moved on to Laura Mercier Caviar Volume Panoramic Mascara Glossy Black

EltaMD is another HG, so plenty of backups.  

Lush Rose Jam is an annual purchase for me because they have that amazing after Christmas sale.

Caudalie Instant Detox Maskwas great! I would consider buying the full size if I can ever get through my stash of random face masks.

Was not a fan of Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil 2.2 oz/ 65 mL.  Too greasy feeling.  Ended up using it on my hands cause my face was not happy with it.

Everything else was meh...but happy to clearing out some partials! 

IMG_0163.jpg

@averylayne I just purchased the EltaMD and used it for the first time this morning.  First impression was positive on it 🙂

thanks great @CookieGirl1 ! I'm glad you like it so far! My dermatologist recommended it to me when I was suffering from horrible horrible hormonal acne.  Love that it contains niacinamide!

@averylayne it's nice to hear first hand from someone who's used it awhile! I don't struggle with acne but the niacinamide was still something that prompted me to try that particular product; one of my "resolutions" this year was to be better about wearing sunscreen because I've historically been too nonchalant about it so I spent some time reading reviews to find one that I would hopefully feel good about/be consistent about wearing. That one got really good reviews and I think that I will be glad I chose it. 

@CookieGirl1 before EltaMD, I was really bad about applying sunscreen also.  I use to just rely on SPF from my foundation.  And I have to say, I've notice a big big difference in the health of my skin since I started actually using a legitimate sunscreen as the final step in my routine.  I still have to use a bit of concealer because of my acne scars, but the rest of the skin is much healthier.  EltaMD is my HG, but I did see that Supergoop just released a new sunscreen that also contains niacinamide, and also acts as a primer.  If EltaMD doesn't work out for you, that may be another option!

Supergoop! Glowscreen Sunscreen SPF 40

@averylayne I actually saw the new Supergoop one AFTER I ordered the one from EltaMD or I might have purchased it instead but depending on the reviews for it I may try that one when this new one runs out. 

@CookieGirl1 yea I'm gonna keep my eye on that one, and follow the reviews.  I actually really like the Supergoop Unseen texture and the niacinamide in the EltaMD, so this new one sounds like if those two had a baby haha

For the last 2 weeks:

LOVES:

IMG_20200228_165143.jpg

-Philosophy Snow Angel Shower Exfoliator (for the body) -- love love love this scent. Plus it's a nice gentle exfoliation and doesn't leave the shower slick like a lot of exfoliating creams seem to do. 

-Coola Mineral Sun Silk Cream- Really enjoyed this. It wears well under makeup and didn't feel heavy or greasy. Some white cast though so blending it out is necessary.

-Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil- My absolute favorite first cleanse. It's rich without being heavy, isn't runny, gets all my makeup off, and just feels so luxurious. 

-Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence- One of my absolute favorite products. This hydrates, helps heal acne, brightens- you name it. It's an absolute must in my routine. 

And the "just OK" items:

IMG_20200228_165027.jpg

Both were just kind of meh and I have other products that I prefer. 

4,811 Replies