cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@itsfi Thank you so much! I wish I could save this post. I will definitely try some of the things that work for you. I know I need to drink more water and I do the grocery shopping so I can definitely make some changes there. I so own the innisfree Volcanic AHA Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL . Do you spot treat or apply to your whole face?

You're very welome @Mellmars1185. I went through such a long period of breaking out, some times periodically and others with such regularity that it didn't seem like I would ever not breakout all along my jawline or around my chin / upper lip. If there's something that I can pass along that I tried that might work for someone else, I'm all for sharing that. 

Oh, here's a permalink to the post - Re: Empties - V2 - Page 4 - Beauty Insider Community (sephora.com) - if there's a post I'm interested in referring bak to, I'll get a permalink of the post and then paste that link in a note on my phone or in a draft e-mail with a note as to what the link is about. You can also bookmark the post, but I find that I can have a lot of bookmarks after a time and it takes more effort to go back through those. lol

I just remembered another mask that works, Sunday Riley Saturn Sulfur + Niacinamide Spot Treatment Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 mL - this tingles. There are, of course, also prescription medication that work depending on the nature of your breakouts - hormonal, cystic acne, etc. but that's best for a conversation with your doctor. I've been on a couple and they worked but after being off them for a period of time, my hormonal acne came back. 

Your skin leans more oily, yes? If so, I think that the innisfree can be used all over your face once per week, with spot treatment on other days during the week. My skin is normal now (a modern miracle) but for the longest time it was dry & dehydrated for all but the summer months when it was combo (oily lower T-zone, normal forehead & dry cheeks), but dehydrated under the surface. For me, I tended to use the innisfree mask only on the oily parts of my face and as a spot (or area) treatment. So when I had breakouts (or, if I could time it, a week before I would start breaking out), I would apply the innisfree mask all along my jawline (and my lower T-zone) and leave it on for 10 minutes. Then, I'd wash off the clay mask and either apply a hydrating serum & my moisturizer or use a sheet mas (to put back in hydration). For the rest of the week, I'd alternate every couple of days between using the innisfree as a spot treatment to remove excess oil from the pimple(s) and with the aim of flattening the spot and using the Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting BHA 9 Treatment 0.3 oz/ 9 mL - for something so potent, it was not as drying as I thought it would be, but because it has a higher concetration of BHA, I would use it just for a spot treatment.

@itsfi Thank you so much for the suggestions! I am going to read about these. In the meantime I have a reason to start reaching for my Innisfree mask. I think that if I apply skincare it will also help me avoid picking.

Yes, as hard as it is, no picking. No touching your face. It's not the easiest thing to do, I know; but it does help @Mellmars1185. It's a fight with myself but I have to remind myself constantly to not touch my breakouts. 

Good memory @Mellmars1185  on the Gucci Brume de Beauté Beauty Mist 2.7 oz / 80 mL - it is the one I purchased when I was in NYC for Sephoria. I'm slightly OBSESSED with it, and while I love many beauty products, there are only a few I would say I was obssessed with. This is one of them. I would pay full price for a bottle, but since this sale came up, I thought, why not?! I also figure that if I get it now, I will be less likely to get distracted when I'm on a low / much low(er) buy next year. 😂 So, there is a strategy to my purchase. Hahaha!

It says it can be used as a hydrator, refresher and/or setting spray and it's true - it works very well for any of those 3 functions and all of them. One of my favorite ways to use it is with my powder foundation. I spritz the compact sponge before picking up the product and apply. It gives me a smooth, pretty, lightly luminous finish. 😍 

Gotta take care of something but will be back later with some thoughts on adult acne. 😞 Where do you find yourself breaking out a lot? 

@itsfi Thanks for the feedback. I may need to pick one up before a no buy too. Great strategy. I find i get acne mostly aro my jawline. This past month I got some extra above my lip which was painful and around my temples.

Ouch @Mellmars1185, the ones above the lips huuuuurt. 😟 I'm so sorry. 

For the ones along your temples, are you using different hair care products than you normally do? Or have you been sweating more in those areas? Or wearing a headband/hat/cap?

@itsfi I think the ones around my temples could be from having the scalp oil in for too long. Sometimes I will leave it in for more than one day. I noticed that i got symmetrical acne when I had it on my temple area. I thought that was an odd coincidence.

Ah, that makes sense @Mellmars1185! Good thinking! 👍

@itsfi Great job and beautiful photo! I love love love the Chloé Chloé Naturelle Eau de Parfum It will actually be my next finished full size bottle. 

Awww, thank you @Samtian😊 Ohhh, Chloe Naturelle is a beautiful fragrance - one of my favorite rose scents, actually.

@itsfi I can see why. I don't detect the rose very much when I wear it. 

@itsfi Awesome job on all the empties! ❤️ 

@QueenMarceline, thank you. Every year I have fewer and fewer total empties, which has been my goal. At some point, I'd like to get to a place where most of my empties are full size products.

Great job @itsfi ! The Gucci mist sounds so nice!

@faeriegirl, thank you. The Gucci mist is wonderful - as a hydration and to set my makeup and give it a nice glow. 

@itsfi  great job! And thank you for sharing your thoughts on everything! The SDJ cream is definitely on my list of products I'd like to try (someday. when I've worked my way through some more of my current open products lol). I hear you about pacing yourself and trying to be good with all these sales this time of year - I have the same problem, sales are my weakness! My mom is always telling me "you don't have to buy/try everything all at once!" so it's definitely something I struggle with 😅

Lol, your mom is not wrong @caitbird, but it’s harder to resist all the things; or maybe I should say, harder to resist all the sales, 😂 I’ve gotten better over the years when I have more HG or mist have products but the newness of something can be enticing, that’s for sure. 😉 

Amazing job @itsfi! It’s great to hear most of these worked for you. Skin sensitivity sucks but at least you know what’s triggering it.

Thank you @JoSometimes! Agree, it’s not fun when your skin reacts negatively to something - and it usually takes having used it to learn it doesn’t work for you. 😆 As I gotten older, it’s less and less about trying to make an “it”’ingredient work for my skin and just going with what actually works for my skin! ♥️

@itsfi Good work this month!

I hear you on using what you have and trying too keep the open products to a minimum. To much open at once can be just plain overwhelming. You are a great example of organization. 😃

10,744 Replies
testing