cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

January Empties - 37 

Destashes - 7

20240131_153154.jpg

Spoiler
The Aveeno Body wash was a fun find at Dollarama. I liked the scent but I have more body wash to go through before I buy more.

The Bubble bath was ok.

The Bath and Body Works soaps were all great. My favourite was the champagne toast because my son got it for me for Christmas.

Bioderma was already repurchased.

Olay Body wash smells amazing.

Cutex Nail Polish Remover is a repurchase and I have a backup on hand. Another great find from Dollarama.

20240131_153553.jpg

Spoiler
I went through a lot of foils this month.
 I enjoy all of them. I plan on starting a journal this month on my empties so I can give better feedback. 

20240131_153356.jpg

Spoiler
Trader Joes Shave Cream smelled nice and gave a nice creamy lather.

Vegamour Shampoo and Conditioner smelled amazing and left my hair feeling clean. It gave a nice lather and I got two uses out of these minis. I will need to use again to get a better long term impression.

Laneige Lip Masks are HG products to me. These were minis I got in a holiday set a few years back. My purse and bedside minis both got finished this month. I finally got to open a FS Apple Caramel LE.

20240131_153426.jpg

Spoiler
Both lovely masks. I used a while back and didn't take proper notes.

Destashes are below  

20240131_153319.jpg

Spoiler
The first 6 empties on the left are all items I destashes from  Capsule Makeup Collection Challenge .

The mascara was messy when applying and it has been open for a while. The Avon Magix wand was too dark and didn't preform well as a cream bronzer.

The Milk Makeup bronzer has had it's time. I am loving the Rare Beauty Bronzer sticks which last longer on me.

The coconut balm came out watery and the applicator was rough on the lips.

The brow gel left my eyebrows feeling and looking crusty and dusty.

The hair gel is expired.

@Mellmars1185 That is a lot of foils!  You got some great use out of a lot of products.  I love the Champagne Toast scent too!

@missjeanie Thank you! I have been making notes so I can participate in the Foil Challenge ☺️

Impressed!! @Mellmars1185 great job 

@lmaster Thank you! I need to step up my face masking in Feb!

Amazing, this actually so satisfying! Great products too!

@peculiarzmakeup Thank you! It feels great to use up products! ☺️

@Mellmars1185 I know always a great feeling 

@Mellmars1185  Wow you finished so many things!   Plus declutter!  Such a sweet young man you have 🥰.  Sounds like he really took time to get the right scent for his Mom🩷. So very thoughtful 

@Cissy63 Thank you very much! It felt good to destash the items. I gave most of them a fair tey during the capsule challenge which helped me make my decisions!

Amazing job @Mellmars1185! You went through quite a lot!

@JoSometimes Thank you!

Great job @Mellmars1185!

@faeriegirl Thank you!

Wow, you did so good with your destashes from the capsule challenge @Mellmars1185😍  I loved how you arrived at your favorite B&BW soap - so sweet of your son to get that for you. Whoa, you did great with the DDG peel pads, you're skin must be loving you - exfoliated and glowy! Good call on journaling / taking notes on your empties! 

@itsfi Thank you! He told me he picked everything out and picked the best smelling items. Actually the Cherry Merlot candle was from him too!  I had the DDG pads from GWPs last year. I figured it would be a good opportunity to be consistent with them and get a better idea how they would work for me. January was a bad month for my skin so it is hard to tell the impact they had. I was using them under my chin and neck where I also get acne. I think it helped a bit in those areas. I think I will use a toner moving forward instead of the DDG pads. They were definitely a treat!

Oh, Cherry Merlot smells soooo good! He did an amazing job and how thoughtful of him! @Mellmars1185, how often do you use your micellar water? Do you just use it for your eye makeup?

@itsfi I swapped my eye makeup remover for it at the end of last year. I will use it to remove makeup after a night out when I am too tired to wash my face. I sometimes use it after work to remove my makeup from the day. I also use it to clean up my eye makeup. How about yourself?

@Mellmars1185, on good days, it's my pre-cleanse - I go over my entire face with it before double cleansing. But that's on good days. Most days, I use it to breakdown my eye makeup, especially if I had on waterproof mascara, which is most days. 

I asked about it because up until a year or so ago, I had consistently had clogged pores and acne (and cystic acne) along my jawline and chin. There's a combination of things I did to address that, but one of them was to use the Bioderma micellar water on those areas every night before starting my double cleanse and using a mask or salicylic-acid based toner on those areas. Was just wondering if that might be something that might work for you. 

@itsfi I am glad it helped you out! Sometimes I double cleanse. I will try it. At this point I will try anything. I heard that taking zinc helps. I started that about a week ago. Not long enough to know if it is helping.

@Mellmars1185, I think zinc helps with acne. I also found it helped when I cut down on my (cow) dairy and gluten intake. In terms of topical care though, I used a micellar water over that area before my double cleanse routine and I did a gentle mask, just along that area once per week. 

10,778 Replies
testing