cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Doing some catch up with sheet mask empties for most of this month. First pic are all loves; last pic are the rest, mostly likes, some maybes.

IMG_7418.JPG

Spoiler
Top row:
Spoiler
  • Skinceuticals Biocellulose Restorative Masque – pricey but great for after an intense peel; adheres well and feels cooling on the skin; soothes and hydrates skin.
  • Whole Foods Biocellulose Mask Nourishing Royal Jelly – ingredients list on this one is fabulous
  • Neogen Sur.Medic+ Super Hyaluronic 100 Aqua Mask – this thin, cotton sheet mask leaves my skin looking and feeling refreshed and hydrated; loved this as a pre-flight mask
  • Annie’s Way Pearl + Hyaluronic Acid Brightening Mask – I’ve been very impressed with the masks I’ve tried in this line from Annie’s Way – the material is soft and my complexion looks bright and hydrated
Middle row:
Spoiler
  • Laneige Water Pocket Sheet Mask Water Bank (4 Moisturizing) – the material on this one is sooo thin and I love it. I also love how the mask leaves my skin plump and hydrated.
  • Lion Kyusoku Jukan Cooling Gel Sheet Patch Pads – these have a citrus and herbaceous scent to them; feel great after walking all day long
  • The Oozoo Fresh Capsule Mask Royal Jelly (Enrich) – smells like sweetened honey; leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated, with a fresh glow to it.
  • Personnelle Winter Care Sheet Mask – hydrates and moisturizes; wonderful for cold, winter weather and for transitioning from winter to spring
Bottom row:
Spoiler
  • Skin Pi HSO Hemp Seed Oil Sheet Mask – super, super thin material that holds quite a bit of essence – feels like you’re not wearing a sheet mask; leaves skin nourished and with a healthy glow
  • Farmacy Hydrating Coconut Gel Mask Brightening – this is an older version of the now reformulated Farmacy Brightening Mask; both this version and the new one are available online at Sephora (squee!)
  • The Crème Shop Hello Kitty Problem Solver Sheet Mask – one of my favorite masks yet from The Crème Shop – the mask has the cutest illustrations on it, smells subtly of apples and gives me soft, supple, hydrated skin
  • Papa Recipe Bombee Honey Butter Cream Mask Pack – a 2-piece sheet mask with a creamy, buttery essence that seems to almost be encapsulated into the mask; feels like a blanket hugging my face and leaves my complexion soft, moisturized and with a subtle glow
As @scott1201 would say, these are "I love you forever" sheet masks.

IMG_E7415.JPG

Spoiler

The Biore strip (last row, first mask) is misplaced and should have been part of the Loves pic - it's hard to compete with the Biore trip - it's just so good! 🙂 All others are likes and some are deep likes nearing love, except for 2 - the last mask in the top row (Lapcos Skin First Oil Wrap Mask 8 Flower Nectar is a maybe – the oil essence on this one tends to sit atop my face and is a bit more challenging as far as absorption is concerned; it can work well if the conditions are right – best on very dry skin that has been prepped right for the mask – using an exfoliant or peel beforehand – not bad but takes some more effort to make it work well) and last mask in the bottom row (Berrisom Cocktail Recipe Mask – Mojito is okay – fine, but not a standout).

Love your little reviews here @itsfi; it’s nice to see everything at once, you know? And I will just take a chair and sit and enjoy all of the beautiful masks😊

Thanks @eshoe! It is a bit easier to differentiate "loves" versus "likes" or "maybes", etc. when they're all in front of you, but it's not easy to get them all in the same shot, though that may be more that my table isn't very large.

It makes it easy to decipher at a glance, which is nice, @itsfi!

great assortment of masks 😍💗 @itsfi

great assortment of masks 😍💗 @itsfi

Re: great assortment of masks 😍💗 @itsfi

Thank you @lmaster! It's interesting to see so many of them and how they compare to each other in terms of loves, likes, etc. 

All of the masks!!!  Lovely @itsfi !

Thank you @missjeanie! I fell behind on keeping up with posting and am not too sure I can do weekly posts of my sheet mask empties consistently, but I am doing a better job of holding onto the empty pouches for pics. lol! 🙂 Baby steps...

I know I wouldn't be able to do weekly pics so you're one up on me for even trying @itsfi !  I've gotten the habit down now of tossing all my empties into an empty Sephora bag under my bathroom sink, I want to say it took me about a year to get to the point where I do it automatically.  But I just can't seem to commit to updates more than monthly.  Even at monthly I find myself forgetting.  But the way you're trying, weekly, you'd have a better memory of what you loved and why!  Maybe I'll work on that for next year!

Weekly empties.40A23C2E-6C0E-4C93-AE42-E66550A9548C.jpeg

All are loves except the winky lux mini lipstick and aloe sheet mask.

@faeriegirl, that mini lipstick is so small...I almost mi...

@faeriegirl, that mini lipstick is so small...I almost missed it!

@faeriegirl that is definitely a mini Lipstick lol it's c...

@faeriegirl that is definitely a mini Lipstick lol it's cute 😉

Re: @faeriegirl that is definitely a mini Lipstick lol it's c...

@lmaster They are cute lol! The other one I tried from the set was great but this one was so hard to apply.

You ran out of both the CFirma and the TLC in the same week @faeriegirl !  That's like running out of shampoo and conditioner at the same time!  I can never seem to do it lol.  

Great empties @faeriegirl! The DE Framboos is wonderful! ❤️

Some empties for the week:CAB98EDB-6C4C-4CE4-A1E9-5B23E5291815.jpeg

E2629C19-5AAE-452C-A6EF-119E8B71F9D8.jpeg

252A0489-945F-4390-B1C8-642A5C3D399D.jpeg

Spoiler
Also finished another Burt’s Bees lip crayon and Dr.Teal’s epsom salt in Eucalyptus. Too strong of a scent for me, happy to be done!

The SDJ was great, I might purchase that in FS as it’s one of the nicer exfoliating scrubs I’ve tried, plus that scent🤩 Love And will likely purchase a FS of the June Jacobs Papaya Enzyme Mask, it’s a soothing creamy piña colada-scented mask that is such a treat to wear.

The HydroPeptide exfoliating Cleanser has a rubber scent, I tried it once and cannot stomach using it again. 

Just about all of the masks were great (💕 the Hey, Lo)  or at least good, the Wish Formula Panda Eye Mask is a new 💗, thanks @lmaster

Totals for April:
FS.11

DS 21

Foils 20

Masks 36

@eshoe, that Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Conditioner looks so interesting. I have a DS of the shampoo version and am kicking myself for not asking for a sample when I was in the store in Canada last month; will have to get a sample of it here.

@itsfi the shampoo is wonderful! I am kicking myself for not picking both up at Costco a couple months ago. Both are exceptional in my opinion. Not many shampoo/conditioner combos from the same brand work for me, but this is one. That must have been an interesting store to visit🤩

I saw the Shu Uemura at the Sephora store @eshoe! It was a small section. There used to be a standalone Shu Uemura here in the city years ago. It was fabulous!! 😍

I can imagine it was, @itsfi. I’ve been eyeing their coloring products for awhile. Would be fun to go one of their blue or violet shades🦋

@eshoe you are cleaning up with all these empties lately!

4,939 Replies