cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

5B43B2B0-2728-4428-AA5F-7B017211EDA2.jpeg

 de stashes 

92648B4D-EF08-451A-B9F7-FB4FA419BB70.jpeg

 the meh category. I’d use them again if I got them but wouldn’t seek them out. 

A96397C2-BB60-4187-B795-0AD20E025CA7.jpeg

 the nopes. The teeth whitening was hard to squeeze product out, glad I got it on clearance at TJs.

6B2D6BA8-E8E5-456B-B117-3450BE9337A9.jpeg

 The yeps.
If I could find the UD one and done in a shade lighter I’d grab it again. Was a nice product for days where I wasn’t actually doing make up. 
The clear plastic housed a llama soap from @Shosh85 that I really enjoyed as did my nieces. I’m going to seek out some more fun soap to make hand washing fun. 

Apparently I also can’t post photos from my laptop anymore 😞

Excellent!! @missjeanie happy to see your trash anytime 😆🙌

Impressive amount of foils to go through, @missjeanie 🙂

So many @l8totheparty !  Thankfully I'm down to a much more manageable amount of foils now. 

@missjeanie  Glad your nieces liked the soap! That brand makes so many fun ones 😃 .... and dang, you did a good job getting through foils! What are all the blue, orange and green ones?

@Shosh85 So fun... I've ordered a few more from them!  The blue, green and orange ones are sample packs of the Ole Henriksen truth serum, night gel and moisturizer.  At some point I was given handfuls of them!

Wow, @missjeanie, way to use up those foil/sample packets!

Thanks @CookieGirl1 It was a big push and now I've gone super lax in October lol

My September empties. MTD = 87

Last month, I hauled some wonderful beauties from Fenty Beauty, a collection I've been fond of since its launch, and a couple from the new Selena Gomez line. Both women are amazing and I was inspired to use some of their songs for my empties categories! ❤️

You Da One (Rihanna): These were products that I had never used before this year, but are now new loves.

9.2020 New Loves.jpeg

Spoiler
The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque has been such a workhorse for me over the last couple of months. Maskne and an allergic reaction to a product sent parts of my face into a tailspin. I seriously haven't seen such a breakout in a long time. I usually experience a few pimples here and there periodically but a "few" would be a huge understatement. I ended up using this mask as a spot treatment (with there being a ton of spots on my face) about 4-5 times per week and it helped enormously. This will definitely be repurchased. 

I like the hydration and brightening and plumping effects my skin gets from the lightweight, creamy milky essence in the Troxederm Repair Mask Pack. I'd never heard of this brand before pickup up this mask and I'm interested in checking out the other skincare products from this particular range.

I like the fresh, clean, citrusy scent of everyone Foaming Hand Soap (Meyer lemon + Mandarin); extra points that it's a local brand to me. 

Honey has always been one of my well-loved skincare ingredient and especially so this month for its nourishing, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. I used By Wishtrend Polyphenols in Propolis 15% Ampoule day and night for most of the month to help heal a bad breakout / reaction. The slightly viscous consistently goes on easily and is not goopy, gooey or greasy.

My preference is typically for Korean or Japanese sunblocks, but there are a few favorites that fall outside of that catgory, including Biossance Squalane + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen. It has a nice, lightweight consistency to it and I like that it's a physical sunblock and contains zinc (good for breakouts). I find it works best for me on days when my skin is less oily/combo, so when it's been cooler out.

Even lighter in consistency than the Wishtrend ampoule is the Guerlain Abeille Royale Face Treatment Oil. I really have a special fondness for this oil; it's so luxe. The price keeps it from being a love ... at least for now. 😉 

Pyunkang Yul Moisture Ampoule is also a very nice ampoule. I'm a fan of Pyunkang Yul  and I'd be interested in using for an extended time to see how my skin responds.

Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant can wear several different hats in my skincare routine - as a toner or spot treatment for larger areas where I can develop a lot of clogged pores often. 

Sephora Collection Clean Lychee Face Mask is my favorite of the full sheet masks from the new clean line. It leaves my skin feeling moisturized with a dewy glow.  

Same Old Love (Selena): These are tried-and-true products; old loves.

9.2020 Tried & True Loves.jpeg

Spoiler

Q-tips Cotton Swabs Precision Tips are great for so many things, including cleaning up eye makeup and nail polish that strays outside of the lines. 😉 

Bath & Body Works Vampire Blood Gentle Foaming Hand Soap (should be included in the New Loves group) smells wonderful! I feel like I go through these B&BW soaps so quickly. This one smells wonderful! They make a candle of this scent and I may need to pick that up when I pick up another of these Vampire Blood hand soaps. Thank you to @ohheyitscindyk for gifting me this one. 🤗

Peace Out Acne Dots (x2) - I went through 2 packs of these within the first 5 days of the month. Big sigh. These did the trick with sucking out the ick from the breakouts around my mouth resulting from a couple of products really not agreeing with my skin. Now to deal with the hyperpigmentation left behind.  

Tory Burch Tory Burch Eau de Parfum - since discovering how much I love this scent last month, I've gone through my bag of perfume samples to see how many more of these vials I have. Fortunately, I found a couple. 

Pyunkang Yul Mist Toner - great mist and even better as an essence or doing a 7-skin method. 

Biore Nose Strip - Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strip is one of the "flavors" in the Biore line that works well for clearing out the gunk. 

everyone Natural Hand Sanitizer Spray (Coconut + Lemon) was how I discovered this brand. There's also a gel version of the hand sanitizer. As with most hand sanitizers, these were readily available pre-covid. Stores have since restocked this and I've picked up another set of 6 and keep a bottle in a few places - in the car, my purse, etc.

Sunday Riley Saturn Sulfur Acne Treatment Mask worked overtime this month, along with The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque. I have one more, maybe two more, travel sizes of this mask. SR has since repackaged (and possibly reformulated?) the mask as a spot treatment which is generally how I use it. 

Good For You (Selena): Likes

9.2020 Likes 1.jpeg9.2020 Likes 2.jpeg

Spoiler
Lots of "likes" among my September empties, many of which I can see myself repurchasing at some point, if I haven't already. Voluspa Lychee Panjore was a gift from @ather - thank you! The subtle scent is great for some quiet me time with a good book. The sample pack of the Tom Ford lippies had a generous amount of product and as you can tell, I liked all the colors, too!

The Rest. My computer is moving soooooo slowly and freezing up, so I'm just going to post pics of the rest of my September empties. If there's a question about any of these, ask away. 

Spoiler
Complicated (Rihanna): These are maybe's.
9.2020 Maybe’s.jpeg

It Ain't Me (Selena): No negative reactions or breakouts but these just aren't for me. The bakuchiol pads started out but began drying up quickly. I rarely use eye cream but have a seemingly endless supply of them in varying sizes, mostly DS and foils. With a few exceptions, I'll repurpose most of the eye creams I have as hand cream - it works out pretty well. 😊
9.2020 Pass.jpeg

Nopes:
Farewell (Rihanna) to the items on the left. SOS (Rihanna) is perfectly fitting for the ones on the right, as they caused me to breakout. I don't usually use cleansing wipes for my face but used them last month to remove wash off masks I used to spot treat larger areas. Sadly I didn't realize until I was near the end of the pack that these were keeping my breakouts from clearing up. Ugh. So much better since I just used these for something other than cleaning my face.
9.2020 Nopes.jpeg

After taking these photos, I found a few more sheet masks and products that I used last month, but was too tired to set everything back up and take pics, so I'll add them to next month's tally.

@itsfi what does the Bath & Body Works Vampire Blood soap smell like?

@rosegoldlovely, it’s got a fruity floral scent to it. It’s described as strawberry, jasmine and plum. I don’t really pick up any plum, but then again, I’m not sure if I associate a scent with plum either. 😆 

@itsfi I only use Bath & Body Works (gel) soaps for my bathroom. Right now, I have Strawberry Tart in there. I make sure I have my wallflowers, bathroom soap, and living room candle scents are the same. My wallflowers and living room candle are Strawberry Pound Cake. The closest soap I could find was Strawberry Tart.

I'm thinking about using Kitchen Lemon soap in the bathroom, Limoncello candle, and Sunshine & Lemons for my next wallflowers. For Christmas I can't wait to use Frosted Cranberry. I don't like Winter scents much, but I fell in love with that one! 😉

Ooooh, strawberry pound cake!!! Sounds wonderful @rosegoldlovely. The candle and an actual strawberry pound cake! 😝 

@itsfi have you tried to the Sol de Janeiro shampoo and conditioner, yet?

I had the full sized ones and they were very hydrating and left my hair smooth and shiny.

So many great empties @itsfi!!!! I just finished the PC BHA too. Is it weird that I absolutely loved this product even though I can't really tell if it's working?! LOL I have another bottle waiting to use after I finish my sample of the Glow Recipe PHA + BHA Toner to make sure I'm not just falling for hype.

Is the Lychee mask the new "clean" mask? If so, is it any different from the old "dirty" ones? BTW, I tried the Peach Slices Hydrate mask, and it's a good one too. 

@sephoraaddict918, that’s not weird at all! I actually realized how it works for my skin when I took a break from it. I didn’t break out but I could tell my pores seemed to clog up more easily / frequently when I left it out of my routine.

The lychee is from the clean collection. I like the lychee masks from both lines but I think that I may like the lychee one from the new clean line more. That’s not the case for me with all the masks in the clean line though.

@itsfi love your song labels!! Great job

Thank you @lmaster! 😊 I wanted to have some fun with the empties. I did another music based one earlier in the year and thought another go ‘round would be nice. 

@itsfi Yay I'm glad you liked the soap! I've been eyeing that The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Masque, I hope it works as well for me 🙂

@ohheyitscindyk, I found the TO SA masque  to be gentle enough to use nearly every night, as a spot treatment or for a larger area. I was surprised that it didn’t dry out my skin but was also able to help with some breakouts. I hope it works out well for you.

@itsfi I'll def have to check it out then! It's so hard finding something for acne that won't dry out my skin, especially during these colder months. Thank you!

testing