cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@rosegoldlovely No, it’s still there. 

32217E5C-CE0E-4E4D-AE8F-A42B998CF562.png

@blackkitty2014 I did a quick Google search. I was suspicious that it was green like the Water Cream I use for oily skin. Turns out there was a such thing as the Satin Skin Mist that was launched last year but was discontinued quickly. It was a hydrating mattifying mist for oily skin, hence, why it's green. Tatcha's purple is for dry skin, white is for normal skin, and blue is for sensitive skin. A great example is their Rice Polish Exfoliators. I'm glad that you posted this though, because I always wondered why there wasn't a mist for oily skin. I wish oily skin got more love. It's hard to find products that doesn't contain any oils. I hope they rerelease it. I'm a huge fan, but I didn't start shopping at Sephora much until this year. Last year I only bought lip gloss and foundation.

Screenshot 2020-10-06 092801.jpg

@rosegoldlovely I hope Tatcha will have the skin mist for oily skin soon.  They're kinda expensive but i like them.  Have you check out other brands liked AmorePacific or Omorovicza? They're expensive too but break down by volume ... they're probably in the same range.price.

@blackkitty2014 I've never heard of those brands. Where are they sold?

@blackkitty2014, your skincare choices make my heart happy. ♥️ I spy lots of wonderful skincare treats! 😍 Nice work going through them! 

@itsfi I force myself to go thru the deluxe samples so they don’t go waste .... then I discover tons of things I want to buy full-size 😂🤣 liked the Chantecaille and EL which are both in $300+ price range. Ugh! Maybe if I stop hoarding all the makeups that I can’t never finish I can afford one of those moisturizers sometimes 😂🤣😂

July empties=46 YTD empties=481

IMG_20200727_205433017.jpg

 love masks⬆️

IMG_20200727_205729951.jpg

 love products ⬆️ 

IMG_20200727_205117290.jpg

 like the 🕯

IMG_20200727_210035643.jpg

 like these products but probably won't purchase or repurchase

IMG_20200727_210455693.jpg

 these products were all products that I didn't like something about each and would not seek them out again ⬆️

481!! @lmaster Look at you go!  What was the mini MILK product that you didn't like?

That was milk watermelon brightening serum @missjeanie uhhhhh the packaging for the skincare products are not the best suited for me, and so much product is wasted, or you literally have to dig it out

good to know @lmaster 

Yeah @missjeanie you can only screw it up so far and then it just stops! I will not ever buy a skincare product from milk again,, even the wash off mask was dried out and broke chunks off, and I used it within a month of purchasing it 😩

Oh no @lmaster I need to check my wash off mask from them... admittedly I haven't used it months... and months.  I picked up their moisturizer to try out but am working through a few open things before I let myself open it.  I'm fingers crossed it's better than the serum stick was for you!

@missjeanie the wash off mask I had literally broke into chunks 😣 I didn't even have it for that long maybe 2 months

@lmaster Amazing! I need to work on my Panama Sunset. 

I love mixing it with my body butter @Samtian thank you 😊

I love that goldfadden eye cream! @lmaster 

@jen81 oh it's fantastic, instant eye brightener and hydrates very nicely

June empties + half way to my 12 months of masks puzzle photo:

JunEmp.jpg

Spoiler

FS

Glow Recipe Watermelon Mist - not much new I can say about this - it’s amazing! The sweet watermelon scent, the micro-fine mist…it’s a love. Too bad I missed out on the Trader Joe’s version of this, it sounded promising.

Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water - this has a soft rose scent, and felt very gentle on my skin. It worked well to remove foundation, but it struggled to remove my eye makeup, and stung them a bit so I probably wouldn’t repurchase. (Thank you @missjeanie for sending this my way, I had fun trying it!)

Nacific Real Floral Toner (Rose) - Really love this gentle toner. I don’t notice a floral scent, but there are petals floating in it which gives it a very pretty appearance. Happy to have another FS version of this in Calendula, as I’ve liked the Kiehl’s version in the past and am interested in comparing the two.

Sara Happ the lip scrub in Passion Fruit - loved using this when I first bought it, but the scent is off, so I am finally decluttering. It was a nice scrub, very exfoliating. 

SDJ Bum Bum Cream - another one that I can’t say much about except that I looooove the scent, texture, how quickly it absorbs and how long-lasting the scent is. Opened my backup on hand thanks to the incredible @quspork 🙂

Sephora Beach Vibes Melting Shower Jelly - I bought a few of these when they were on sale, and they have been nice shower gels. Very fragrant. This one reminds me of baby powder. Would repurchase if they became available again. I think Pillow Battle and Flower Bouquet edge this one out for best scent, though!

Sephora Lip Honeys Colorful Gloss Balm in Wildflower - I bought both this and the Manuka, and couldn’t tell much of a difference except this shade is slightly lighter. Both were great, for my personal preference. A bit sticky and good wearability. Would repurchase.

Shiseido Facial Cotton - it is the softest I’ve tried, and I use them only on my lids with Bioderma Sensible for removing eye makeup. 

Skin food Cranberry Mask - Well, it was a huge disappointment to discover this is discontinued. I can’t find it anywhere. I would have stocked up, it was one of my go-to lazy masks. Fruity scent, perfect gel texture with a sparse amount of exfoliating scrubbies. Going to miss this one!

Skinny & Company Facial Scrub - holy granules, this one was a bit much for my face. I used it for elbows and the back of my arms. The scent was like a rich, sweet coffee but the texture was overwhelmingly rough.

Stila Glitter and Glow in Wanderlust - I’ve gone through a few of these, the shade is gorgeous as a mid-light highlight. It’s easy to use, stays put and little fall-out. I’ve been experimenting more with shadows and since doing so, this dried up. I won’t be repurchasing immediately, but will at some point. My favorite shade in the collection.

DS

Banila Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Purifying - this was ok. Worked well enough, but I prefer a little scent (like Farmacy’s Green Clean, or the Elemis above) in my cleansing balm. Worked excellent, though.

Benefit Bad Gal Bang! - I almost didn’t try this one, and am so glad I did. The tapered brush is flexible and moves effortlessly to coat my lashes. The formula is just the right consistency - it lengthens and thickens, without clumping. A definite repurchase and one of the best mascaras I have tried!

Buxom Plumping Lip Stain in Serial Kisser - another little surprise from @quspork (thank you!), I love Buxom lip products so this was a treat to use. 

Elemis Pro-Collagen Rose Cleansing Balm - this leans more fruity for me than rose, although the rose is definitely noticeable. Love, love, love this balm as it is so gentle and removes easily. I use it (and other cleansing balms) as a mask once in awhile, it just feels really good on my skin. Plan to repurchase in the future.

Huxley Secret of the Sahara Cream Anti-Gravity - oh wow, I love this. Bought the FS. It’s like the nighttime version of the YTTP Kale Cream in scent. So moisturizing and rich, I do not usually need a sleeping mask to top this. One of my favorite finds this year.

Kate Somerville Ceramides Omega 3 Serum - this was in the Sephora Sun Safety Kit. It is a thicker, almost milky serum that my skin enjoyed very much. I didn’t notice any difference in texture/appearance, but it seems to be more of a soothing serum, which - it most definitely was.

Kiehl’s Cannibis Sativa Seed Oil Herbal Concentrate - a very lightweight oil that is scented as you would expect; herbaceous. I don’t use facial oils much anymore, but this would be a nice option if I were looking for one.

Trader Joe’s Winter Citrus Ultra Moisturizing Hand Cream - I’ve enjoyed most TJ’s hand creams, including this one. They absorb quick and are rich enough to ease the dryness of repeatedly washing my hands throughout the day. Looking forward to trying the Strawberry Lemonade version!

Foils

Amika flash Instant Shine Mask - Made my hair feel so sleek and glossy immediately after rinsing, but didn’t notice much of a difference after styling my hair. Up in the air about this one, so I will likely try again.

Giorgio Armani Si - On my skin, this is almost indistinguishable from YSL’s Black Opium Neon. Would wear on a special occasion, though a bit heavy for daily use. 

Le Labo Santal 33 - The vial this comes in makes it so difficult to sample. The scent I love, but when I opened it, I lost 3/4 of it on the ground. This is definitely a winter scent. 

Masquology Vita-Collagen Dual-Action Powder - fun to use, but not sure if it does anything. 

Sachajuan Silver Shampoo/Conditioner - these purple products are so pretty to use. As much as I love the Cleansing Cream and Moisturizing Conditioner, I wasn’t a big fan of these.

SDJ Coco Cabana Cream - I was pretty intrigued in how the new formulation would be. The scent is much improved; it is more cinnamon-y than before. 

YSL Mon Paris Intensement - most YSL perfumes work well on my skin, including this one. I might need a rollerball of this one for winter, it reminds me of sparkly snowflakes:D

YTD 
Sheet Masks193
FS59
DS81
Foils58
Total391

JuneMasks.jpg

YTD Masks

Spoiler
6mosmasks.JPG

@eshoe I'll echo others, your sheet masks always look so well put together.  I love the BumBum so much... I try to stretch it out too.  I think I have a skin food mask in that same line as the cranberry, lemon maybe?  Dang... I need to use more of what I buy lol

Lemon sounds like it would be good, @missjeanie. I bought a coconut one from this line and it was not at all pleasant. This was a hit, I’m definitely going to miss it!

Wow! Awesome! 💛💛💛

4 Replies
testing