cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@ShortErica  The Cosrx cream is thick and takes time to fully absorb, so I only use it at night. It was good during the cold, dry winter months, but I wouldn’t use it any other time of year. I’ve been wanting to try the snail one and the honey ceramide cream for the longest, but I have so many moisturizers to get through before I buy anything else.
I like the Inkey List Clay mask because it doesn’t dry my skin out. It’s pretty basic and it doesn’t fully dry down. I mask daily and this was nice to add to my rotation, especially with it being very affordable.

Ooo that's very helpful @MoniDJ! Florida might not be the right place for that cream. Hopefully the snail one isn't as thick.

And for the price point, the kaolin mask seems worth a try. I'm not expecting to be wowed but something for maintenance. Seems like a good fit. Thanks!

I haven’t been on in a while but I still felt compelled to save my empties.  They’re getting out of hand after three months so time to take their photos and recycle/trash everything.  The first photo is of loves.  I put little check marks on masks I’d repurchase.  

CD0C4363-96F7-4210-8492-B9FA420372B8.jpeg

6F81E5BA-8AFC-4A4B-A880-5AAE656F8CE0.jpeg

DC66CD32-85F0-4BB2-9FAE-14D2B18B63C7.jpeg

@heartsmyface  Wow. Good for you to save everything!!!

@heartsmyface these photos are beautiful 😆 hope you are doing ok!

How is the scent of the Glow Recipe pineapple serum @heartsmyface? The reviews are so mixed. 

@faeriegirl   It’s wonderful and probably my favorite part of this serum.   It smells exactly like overripe pineapple. I’ve been through three bottles of this stuff and will likely repurchase once I get through two of my current vitamin C serums.  Had to try them all😁

A couple of things I went through in the last two weeks. 
C09EEC2A-B315-457F-A848-E6EACD830515.jpeg

Spoiler
I like all these sheet masks, but the Sephora green tea is still the winner for my regular rotation because I see real results consistently. 

The Avene sheet mask, I will not repurchase because the scent, while pleasant, was so overpowering and cloying for the 15 minutes I had it on my face I could not take it. 

The Lancôme serum I have used for years but finally decided I want to try something else. 

The Lancôme eye cream, this stuff is a gem! If it weren’t so expensive I would repurchase but I usually always had a DS on hand because it comes with the serum often. Oh well. Plenty of other things to try!

@lnum love seeing your empties!! 

@lmaster Thank you! It feels so good getting through things and I am loving how little by little there is more room in my drawers and on my countertops!

The Sephora green tea face mask is a good one. Will be interested to see how the new clean version compares with the original sheet mask @lnum.

@itsfi I have been thinking about that and really tempted to buy 12 of the old ones incase the clean version doesn’t give me the same results, but I refuse to break this beauty no-buy!

What a terrible picture, not sure what I was thinking! Continuing with trying to grab a few empties at a time from my giant bag of empties trash. Basically, when I finish something, I’ll grab a few more items form the stash. So, this morning I finished the May Lindstrom The Jasmine Garden skin mist. It’s truly divine, one of the best smelling skincare items I’ve ever had! Obsessed with all her line and will definitely purchase this again. Also loves: the DDG Ferulic Retinol serum, the mini rollerball of Monyette Paris perfume oil, and the Fresh large cleanser. Technically, I just transferred this into a pump dispenser a while back, so that’s not truly e,pty. 

The OVM I really liked, but it’s old and Perricine Cold Plasma/Cold Plasma + sort of replaced this. So, I’ve been using it on my next and décolleté to finish it up. 

The Julep Bare Face Cleansing Oil was also a love! Rinsed really clean. I got this when I was a Julep subscription a long time ago, which I cancelled, so not likely to purchase again soon since I have so many other items to get through, but I did REALLY like it. 💛💛💛

23A769CF-43C3-4FAA-98C0-093953108B0B.jpeg

@sister13 I'm going to be so sad the day I finish my May Lindstrom mist. Great job!

I have to remember the May says she makes a lot of effort to make everything fresh so that we will use It fresh! But I don’t want to use it up! @Samtian 💕💕💕

You went through some phenomenal skincare products here @sister13. I've only tried samples of May Lindstrom product but they are amazing!! 🙂 I hear ya on having a host of other cleansers to get through; if you are looking for the Julep cleansing oil (which is lovely!), Target now carries select Julep products, mainly the skincare line and a few makeup products.

Great, thanks for the tip! I went to an incredible event at a green beauty shop here in Denver, she was Amazing and so kind and gorgeous. I love her so much!  @itsfi 💕💕💕

June empties:

*First time using*

Dr. Dennis Gross Hyaluronic Moisture Cushion Moisturizer- I got this as gratis back when I worked at my last job and barely got around to opening and trying this out this year. I want to say it lasted a good 6 months and I truly did enjoy using it on my combination skin. The texture was lightweight and almost similar to that of Tatcha's Water Cream if you've ever used it. It sank in well and did a good job of leaving my face hydrated throughout the day. I would recommend this but being that it was so old, it looks like it's not available for purchase on the Sephora website and is out of stock on the direct DDG site so odds are it might have gotten discontinued a while ago (oops). IF it ever does come back to the Sephora site, I honestly would consider purchasing it because it worked so well with my combo skin.

*Repurchases that I use constantly, have already reviewed and highly recommend*

Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Retinoid Night Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL- typically lasts me about a year

KOPARI - Coconut Crush Scrub- typically lasts me about a year

Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara- typically gets tossed within 3-4 months

Bedhead Beach Freak detangler- typically lasts me about a month

BBW Pineapple Sanitizer- typically lasts me about 2 weeks with usage only at work

IMG_9824.JPGIMG_9822.JPGIMG_9903.jpgIMG_9901.JPGIMG_7877.JPG

Lots of fab empties @gonerogue. I wish I knew earlier of your love of SR Luna. I had a FS unopen bottle that I passed on to a coworker because retinols and I do not get along. 😔 I’m slowly working my way through products from sub boxes so if I find any Luna oils, I’m setting them aside for you. 

Hi @gonerogue ,

This is a great set empties! I love your photos as well. Thanks! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Awesome empties!! @gonerogue 

testing