cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@jen81 oh it's fantastic, instant eye brightener and hydrates very nicely

June empties + half way to my 12 months of masks puzzle photo:

JunEmp.jpg

Spoiler

FS

Glow Recipe Watermelon Mist - not much new I can say about this - itโ€™s amazing! The sweet watermelon scent, the micro-fine mistโ€ฆitโ€™s a love. Too bad I missed out on the Trader Joeโ€™s version of this, it sounded promising.

Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water - this has a soft rose scent, and felt very gentle on my skin. It worked well to remove foundation, but it struggled to remove my eye makeup, and stung them a bit so I probably wouldnโ€™t repurchase. (Thank you @missjeanie for sending this my way, I had fun trying it!)

Nacific Real Floral Toner (Rose) - Really love this gentle toner. I donโ€™t notice a floral scent, but there are petals floating in it which gives it a very pretty appearance. Happy to have another FS version of this in Calendula, as Iโ€™ve liked the Kiehlโ€™s version in the past and am interested in comparing the two.

Sara Happ the lip scrub in Passion Fruit - loved using this when I first bought it, but the scent is off, so I am finally decluttering. It was a nice scrub, very exfoliating. 

SDJ Bum Bum Cream - another one that I canโ€™t say much about except that I looooove the scent, texture, how quickly it absorbs and how long-lasting the scent is. Opened my backup on hand thanks to the incredible @quspork ๐Ÿ™‚

Sephora Beach Vibes Melting Shower Jelly - I bought a few of these when they were on sale, and they have been nice shower gels. Very fragrant. This one reminds me of baby powder. Would repurchase if they became available again. I think Pillow Battle and Flower Bouquet edge this one out for best scent, though!

Sephora Lip Honeys Colorful Gloss Balm in Wildflower - I bought both this and the Manuka, and couldnโ€™t tell much of a difference except this shade is slightly lighter. Both were great, for my personal preference. A bit sticky and good wearability. Would repurchase.

Shiseido Facial Cotton - it is the softest Iโ€™ve tried, and I use them only on my lids with Bioderma Sensible for removing eye makeup. 

Skin food Cranberry Mask - Well, it was a huge disappointment to discover this is discontinued. I canโ€™t find it anywhere. I would have stocked up, it was one of my go-to lazy masks. Fruity scent, perfect gel texture with a sparse amount of exfoliating scrubbies. Going to miss this one!

Skinny & Company Facial Scrub - holy granules, this one was a bit much for my face. I used it for elbows and the back of my arms. The scent was like a rich, sweet coffee but the texture was overwhelmingly rough.

Stila Glitter and Glow in Wanderlust - Iโ€™ve gone through a few of these, the shade is gorgeous as a mid-light highlight. Itโ€™s easy to use, stays put and little fall-out. Iโ€™ve been experimenting more with shadows and since doing so, this dried up. I wonโ€™t be repurchasing immediately, but will at some point. My favorite shade in the collection.

DS

Banila Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Purifying - this was ok. Worked well enough, but I prefer a little scent (like Farmacyโ€™s Green Clean, or the Elemis above) in my cleansing balm. Worked excellent, though.

Benefit Bad Gal Bang! - I almost didnโ€™t try this one, and am so glad I did. The tapered brush is flexible and moves effortlessly to coat my lashes. The formula is just the right consistency - it lengthens and thickens, without clumping. A definite repurchase and one of the best mascaras I have tried!

Buxom Plumping Lip Stain in Serial Kisser - another little surprise from @quspork (thank you!), I love Buxom lip products so this was a treat to use. 

Elemis Pro-Collagen Rose Cleansing Balm - this leans more fruity for me than rose, although the rose is definitely noticeable. Love, love, love this balm as it is so gentle and removes easily. I use it (and other cleansing balms) as a mask once in awhile, it just feels really good on my skin. Plan to repurchase in the future.

Huxley Secret of the Sahara Cream Anti-Gravity - oh wow, I love this. Bought the FS. Itโ€™s like the nighttime version of the YTTP Kale Cream in scent. So moisturizing and rich, I do not usually need a sleeping mask to top this. One of my favorite finds this year.

Kate Somerville Ceramides Omega 3 Serum - this was in the Sephora Sun Safety Kit. It is a thicker, almost milky serum that my skin enjoyed very much. I didnโ€™t notice any difference in texture/appearance, but it seems to be more of a soothing serum, which - it most definitely was.

Kiehlโ€™s Cannibis Sativa Seed Oil Herbal Concentrate - a very lightweight oil that is scented as you would expect; herbaceous. I donโ€™t use facial oils much anymore, but this would be a nice option if I were looking for one.

Trader Joeโ€™s Winter Citrus Ultra Moisturizing Hand Cream - Iโ€™ve enjoyed most TJโ€™s hand creams, including this one. They absorb quick and are rich enough to ease the dryness of repeatedly washing my hands throughout the day. Looking forward to trying the Strawberry Lemonade version!

Foils

Amika flash Instant Shine Mask - Made my hair feel so sleek and glossy immediately after rinsing, but didnโ€™t notice much of a difference after styling my hair. Up in the air about this one, so I will likely try again.

Giorgio Armani Si - On my skin, this is almost indistinguishable from YSLโ€™s Black Opium Neon. Would wear on a special occasion, though a bit heavy for daily use. 

Le Labo Santal 33 - The vial this comes in makes it so difficult to sample. The scent I love, but when I opened it, I lost 3/4 of it on the ground. This is definitely a winter scent. 

Masquology Vita-Collagen Dual-Action Powder - fun to use, but not sure if it does anything. 

Sachajuan Silver Shampoo/Conditioner - these purple products are so pretty to use. As much as I love the Cleansing Cream and Moisturizing Conditioner, I wasnโ€™t a big fan of these.

SDJ Coco Cabana Cream - I was pretty intrigued in how the new formulation would be. The scent is much improved; it is more cinnamon-y than before. 

YSL Mon Paris Intensement - most YSL perfumes work well on my skin, including this one. I might need a rollerball of this one for winter, it reminds me of sparkly snowflakes:D

YTD 
Sheet Masks193
FS59
DS81
Foils58
Total391

JuneMasks.jpg

YTD Masks

Spoiler
6mosmasks.JPG

@eshoe I'll echo others, your sheet masks always look so well put together.  I love the BumBum so much... I try to stretch it out too.  I think I have a skin food mask in that same line as the cranberry, lemon maybe?  Dang... I need to use more of what I buy lol

Lemon sounds like it would be good, @missjeanie. I bought a coconut one from this line and it was not at all pleasant. This was a hit, Iโ€™m definitely going to miss it!

Wow! Awesome! ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›

Thank you, @sister13!

Hi @eshoe ,

This is a great set of empties! I use up the Bum Bum cream so fast! You are doing a great job with your face masks! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Thank you, @JaneanBT - I am the opposite when it comes to finishing that jar. I make it last as long as possible, it only goes on my arms and unscented cream goes on the legs. The body scrub is good, too!

@eshoe You finished up some nice products! I just added Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream 8.1 oz/ 240 mLto my routine last month, and I have to agree on the great scent. 

Thank you, @EuDeMa! It is such a perfect summer scent, and of course, come winter...something to remind me of summer๐Ÿ˜‰

You always get your mask empties so nicely together @eshoe ๐Ÿ‘Œโ™ฅ๏ธ

Aww thank you, @lmaster!

This weeks empties. 
40287E39-D1A7-407C-8D85-CED90D0DA201.jpeg

Spoiler
Nature Republic Marine Mask- I really love the feeling of this mask. Itโ€™s soothing and I like to do it after a peel. 

Skyn Iceland Eye Mask - These patchers actually donโ€™t have serum/essence, itโ€™s more of a solid gel that absorbs into the skin when you leave them on. I like that these are easy to put on and not messy. 

Tatcha - I didnโ€™t realize how much I actually love this hand cream until I got to the end of it, this is my third tube over the years. I wish it werenโ€™t so expensive. I donโ€™t think I can justify repurchasing anymore because of the price tag. Maybe if Iโ€™m feeling like splurging during a same I will get it again. 

Moroccanoil Light - I LOVE this stuff. Only hair oil that doesnโ€™t weigh down my fine wavy hair. 

Fresh Rose Face Mask - This doesnโ€™t actually do anything spectacular but itโ€™s always been a go to because itโ€™s gentle and soothing. I have another jar I should finish but have been neglecting because Iโ€™ve been sheet masking more often. 

Primera Milk Thistle Mask - I think I've used this once before, but this time around, I donโ€™t think my skin liked it very much. I was really red when I took it off. The mask material is nice, but Iโ€™ve been unimpressed with the serum formula and dryness of the masks across this entire line. I will not repurchase. 

The packaging on that Nature Republic mask is so soothing @lnum !  Glad it was a great mask too!

@lnum  Urg I hate reading that the tatcha hand cream is so awesome. I literally love everything from that brand!! 

Hi @lnum,

How did you like the Marine mask? It looks awesome! 

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT I am really enjoying the aqua collagen hydrogel line from Nature Republic and will likely buy the other masks in the line to compare when stores reopen!

The marine mask looks awesome!! @lnum 

@lmaster I am actually pretty excited for Nature Republic to open back up! Something about their mask textures and formulas seems to really work for my skin so once I get through a bunch more of my masks I will stop by to pick up others in this aqua collagen hydrogel line. 

That Tatcha hand cream @lnum!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ I found a DS of it the other day and will be savoring it! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi  Isnโ€™t it lovely? I actually adore the body butter too. I really wish both of these were cheaper or came in a value size because I think theyโ€™re just too expensive for the amount of product.

1 Reply
testing