cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@gonerogue Do you have any other favorite overnight hair products?  I want to start using hair masks, but I'm too lazy to use one on wet hair for any significant length of time.

@greeneyedgirl107  I feel you! I feel like I’m always either too lazy to do my wet hair masks more often or I simply don’t have time because I’m always rushed in the mornings when I wash my hair. Unfortunately, I haven’t found a hair mask that goes on dry hair that wow’s me. I’ve tried that Living Proof one and also the IGK Antisocial Leave-In Dry Hair Mask 5 oz/ 187 mL but neither of them were HG status. Maybe we should start looking into more of a “leave in conditioner” type of product?

@gonerogue That's a good idea!  I got samples of two that I haven't used yet - I think one is Ouai and the other is either Briogeo or DevaCurl.  I wonder how they compare to It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product, which I used and enjoy very much.

I was really pleasantly surprised by the L'Oreal foundation, too!

@elise222 Right?! I’ve heard great things about the Dream Radiant foundation as well so I’m going to be picking that one up soon so I can compare it to the L’Oréal one

Hi @gonerogue,

Wow! Great job on all of your empties. I love reading all of your thoughts. I have to try that hairspray. 

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT  Thank you! It always brings me great joy to finish a product so I can try something new and different . If I can help others with my mini reviews as well, that’s always a plus for me 🤓👌🏻

Ohhhh a clear dry shampoo huh! @gonerogue good to know

@lmaster  Yes, clear! And it smells like vanilla goodness 🤤

Lots of good products you’ve worked through @gonerogue!
Ahhh, winter apple candy - love that scent. I’m finishing up on a shower gel in that scent. Oh no, that’s too bad about the CT powder; it’s such a nice one. 

@itsfi  It amazes me how similar we are! The night my CT powder broke is actually the night I got home from our Sephora date 😔😿 

Oh noooo @gonerogue! That makes me so sad that that is when your CT powder saw its demise. 😔 Now you have at least one item on your spring sale list! 😉 🛍 

@itsfi  I’ve got my list ready already 🙈 I’m definitely going to rerouge if I stick to everything I want to buy as of today 🤓

Re: Empties - 2019

November 2019 Empties

Empties-2019.11.PNG

Spoiler

Nice empties @ShortErica!! I use micellar water as the final step in my makeup removal process. I definitely cannot rely on micellar water to take off all my makeup on its own. 

Exactly @sephoraaddict918! Some oil cleansers I've used have left too much work for the micellar water at the end which isn't cool. What are some of your earlier steps and products?

@ShortErica At the moment, I'm using either the BareMinerals Cleansing Oil and following it with the TARTE - Micellar Magic Makeup Remover & Cleanser or the No. 7 Cleansing Balm following the same Garnier Micellar Water in your empties photo. Lately, I've been trying different oils/balms, but the Garnier has been the only micellar water I've been using. The Tarte is my first attempt at trying something different.

I haven't found a balm/oil that has been able to take off all of my makeup. I envy anyone who can get all their makeup off with just a small amount of a cleansing oil/balm. For me, I need a good amount of oil/balm, and I have to follow that with the micellar water to make sure most of the junk is off before going in with a regular cleanser. 

I keep hoping for a wonderful oil/balm that removes mostly everything but haven't found one either @sephoraaddict918. I really don't wear much makeup and I slowly remove mascara with a makeup eraser so it only needs to remove light foundation and I haven't found a winner yet. Probably I need to use more oil too but then it seems so expensive. Thanks for sharing what you've been using with me!

I love that bare minerals also @ShortErica 

🙂 What foundation(s) do you use with it @emaisgr8?

I’ve used it over different tinted moisturizers. It just has a lovely finish. @ShortErica 

4 Replies
testing