Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

15 Minute Make Up Looks, Tips & Tricks

I found myself yesterday with last minute plans with a friend and thought we all might share our favorite products, looks or tips for when we have limited time (say 15 minutes at most) to put on our face but still need to look like we made an effort. 

In this case, after quickly applying Avene Tolerance moisturizer and #ALPYN Instant Bright Eye Dark Circle Firming Cream with Niacinamide & Peptides 0.5 oz / 15 mL  to clean skin, I skipped the primer and mixed Paula's Choice Tinted SPF with Drunk Elephant B-Goldi™ Bright Illuminating Drops with 5% Niacinamide 1 oz / 30 mL  which apply and blend in a snap for a bit of color correction and glow. I then went over red areas on my forehead, around the nose, on the chin and undereyes with Fenty Beauty by Rihanna We're Even Hydrating Longwear Waterproof Concealer  in Light 110 W and blended it out quickly with a domed foundation brush. For a bit of color and lift, I used #Iconic London Blurring Blush Cream to Powder Lip and Cheek Stick Daiquiri . I then lightly set the above with HUDA BEAUTY Easy Bake and Snatch Pressed Talc-Free Brightening and Setting Powder Poundcake  before applying DIOR Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara 090 Black  and Kosas Wet Lip Oil Plumping Peptide Lip Treatment Gloss  in Jellyfish. I really wanted to define my brows a bit with Grande Cosmetics GrandeBROW 2-In-1 Tinted Brow Gel + Brow Enhancing Serum Light  but it was taking too long to find and I was out of time so had to give up on it.

PDXXXX_0-1728767964547.jpeg

Positives of this product combination? Everything blended quickly and wore well: even after sleeping in my makeup (yay, lazy) nothing had settled into my pores, creases or wrinkles.

Lessons and tips? None of these products could disguise poor texture on my chin from years of cystic acne through my twenties. In the future I might consider a blurring product or primer. Also, this was a reminder make up in a hurry requires either a go bag or careful organization of products by category so you don't lose time fishing for products like I did for my brows. 

Have your own 15 minute routine or look down or want to try one out? Please post below so we can all learn from each other!

Re: 15 Minute Make Up Looks, Tips & Tricks

@PDXXXX  Ouhhh, there’s a challenge!   I’ll need to set a stopwatch to make sure I’m being true to this one.  
so let’s pretend I have slept in and I need to be out the door in fifteen. 
I’m washing my face with toner to remove any oils, and give myself a quick exfoliation. (And to remove my makeup for this challenge)  OLEHENRIKSEN Glow2OH 7% AHA Exfoliating Dark Spot Toner 

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Glow Moisturizer with AHA 1.7 oz/ 50 mL #LANEIGE Hydro UV Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ 1.67 oz / 50 ml  Laneige sunscreen acts as a primer in a hurry.  
tarte maracuja creaseless color corrector s in green and peach to quickly Color correct any dark circles.  MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Skin Undetectable Longwear Foundation provides a medium coverage skin like finish.  #ami cole brow pencil in rich black #mac skin finish a shade too dark for some light contouring  #anastasia highlighter and a two shade eye look from the Dior couture holiday palettes. And Jill Stuart mascara cause that’s what I grabbed in a hurry.  Gucci Hydrating Plumping Lip Gloss 
Out of time.  I think I’d be ten minutes late to get any blending in and to set things or I’d be pulling a @sister13  and be doing my makeup in the car.    😂 I liked how the shadow came out but I don’t like the overall shininess and lack of blush. 

IMG_0150.jpeg

Fun thread idea! @PDXXXX I think this is going to be some handy information. I'm always up for learning new tricks from everyone here. 💖

A quick look in a pinch for me is something that looks put together enough but where I obviously didn't have time for a full face. This would be nailing down my brows, using a mascara and something with a little pop of color for my lips. Once I get those down, I feel instantly much more put together and ready to go. 😄

That could be..

Hourglass Unlocked Instant Extensions Lengthening Mascara 

TOM FORD Lip Color Lipstick West Coast 

Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Tinted Volumizing Eyebrow Gel 3 

Benefit Cosmetics Mini Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Eyebrow Pencil 3 

Once I get those down if I have time I'll add a complexion product like a skin tint, or something really fun like DIOR Forever Glow Star Filter Multi-Use Complexion Enhancing Booster 2N , if it's day time the Dr. Jart+ Cicapair ™ Tiger Grass Camo Drops Color Corrector SPF 35 1 oz / 30 mL gives me a complexion boost and spf all in one. It's doing a little heavy lifting by pulling the weight of two steps in my routine, definitely a time saver. 👌

If I still have time, I pull out any of my Hourglass face palettes. A one stop shop for setting powder, contour, highlighter and blush.  🖌

@CynthieLu  This was not an easy challenge!  😅. I got sunscreen in my eyes!  

Awww ouch, that smarts. You took one for the team! 🥹🩵 @heartsmyface 

@CynthieLu  Yeah maybe next time I’ll preplan some products so I’m not scurrying around grabbing the first thing I find like I would in a real life scenario.  😅

I see the wisdom in that, but it was very true to real life research @heartsmyface, I admire your approach to this. 🙌

@itsfi  there's a makeup capsule idea, inspired by @PDXXXX  thread, Everything you need for the emergency 15 minutes face. 🆘

You look great, great recommendations and routine! I’m often doing my makeup in 15 minutes or less- my pre-zoom call face is between 3-5, lol. I’ll come back with some products and thoughts soon! @PDXXXX 

@PDXXXX- She's ridiculously good , @sister13 ... Her full face can be done in less than 6... It's still shocking

Earlier this year I did a Sephora Six for a fast makeup look
Sephora Six - Fast & Furious Edition .  This is coming off a of need I had to be ready as quick as possible, and still feel put together, even though I wasn't expecting to go out anywhere.  It was more of a mental thing, like I feel better prepared for my day with my face on, y'know?

I tried (and failed) to work in a full palette in that time, I think my best time was like 16 minutes.  Multi sticks and blush palettes like Ami Colé Desert Date Cream Blush & Lip Multistick and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette really help me.

I'm going to try for a glam look again, if I can tomorrow and time myself

@danielledanielle I've seen @sister13 's pics and I believe it! I am looking forward to learning more from her for sure!

Which of the Hourglass Palettes did you get?? I just got mine in Evil Eye and it was everything I needed for a new quickie, daily eye, blush and contour look. I am new to their line beyond the tinted moisturizer so I can't wait to see what other people are doing with their palettes and powder line up in general. 

I feel like there is such a line between a "no makeup" look that can take a zillion products and time and honing in on those products that have the quickest impact and application and effect - part of why I love your challenges as I do not spend much time on my makeup unless there's a real event happening.

This is what I got out of the Evil Eye today - I can't wait to hear more about how you're using yours!

IMG_8167.jpg

@sister13 I follow your Dynessa Myricks thread and love so many of the looks you've posted pictures of so really look forward to learning from you on this one when and if you have the time to do it. I feel like there should be a whole Post Covid, "Rushing to Zoom" thread not just for quick makeup looks but camera friendly tips and tricks if there isn't already, lol. Thanks for the kind words and loving learning from you!

Awww, that's great! I'll definitely chime in when I have a few extra minutes to consider my go-to tips and products! @PDXXXX 

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 28 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos3
  • PDXXXX_0-1728767964547.jpeg
  • IMG_8167.jpg
  • IMG_0150.jpeg
testing