Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

I need a lipstick and/or stain that won't transfer & last all day

I'm getting married and my hubby-to-be doesn't want lipstick on him. I have dark brown hair & eyes so I typically wear pinks & reds.

I am looking for a lipstick or stain that won't transfer and wears all day.

Would prefer one that doesn't dry my lips out.

Suggestions? I have already bought the Bobbi brown and while it's beautiful, it the only thing it stays on is the glass you leave your lip print on!

Please help!

RE: I need a lipstick and/or stain that won't transfer & last all day

I would recommend Kat Von D or the new ABH matte lipsticks. They're transfer proof and last all day.

Re: I need a lipstick and/or stain that won't transfer & last all day

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in"Beso" is my go-to, long-lasting red lipstick. True to the name, it stays on all day. The only exception is if you're eating something greasy or oily. Otherwise, I never have to reapply it from the time I put it on in the morning until I take it off at night (I recommend using coconut oil to take it off). It's also not drying like a lot of liquid lipsticks.

Another poster mentioned Kat Von D, and while I haven't tried any of her red shades, I agree that her liquid lipstick is another great option that will stay on all day and won't dry out your lips.

Kat Von D would be my pick for a zero transfer red 

Congratulations! I would recommend the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick. In my opinion, it's the best liquid lipstick in the market. As the name says, it stays all day and it's not too drying. You should definitely check it out. I'm sure you'll be hooked. Try applying a lip balm beforehand for some hydration. The lipstick will still stick. 

Hi love, I just tried the Makeupforever Artist liquid matte lip and it's amazing! It has the hydrating texture of a creamy lipstick but stays on like a liquid lipstick. I have very chapped flaky lips and this one made my lips look moisturized and not flaky at all. lipstick stayed on all night!lipstick stayed on all night!

The Huda Beauty liquid lipsticks and matching lipliners....

The Huda Beauty liquid lipsticks and matching lipliners. That combination has lasted me through a full work day, 8am application time until I take it off at night. Lasts well through kisses, drinks and food! Beautiful colors too.

Liquid matte lipsticks will probably be your best bet. If you don't want your lips to dry out, try wearing them with a lip primer like the Anastasia one. I really like the Kat von D and the Smashbox liquid lipsticks. Anything that is not a liquid matte will most likely transfer. The YSL Vinyl Cream Lip Stains DO leave a nice stain behind, but they are a glossy finish and will mostly transfer off until you are left with the stain.

Thanks! I wondered if a primer would help and bought the one from Bite but it doesn't work. I will try Anastasia  primer. 

Jujicakes wrote:

Liquid matte lipsticks will probably be your best bet. If you don't want your lips to dry out, try wearing them with a lip primer like the Anastasia one. I really like the Kat von D and the Smashbox liquid lipsticks. Anything that is not a liquid matte will most likely transfer. The YSL Vinyl Cream Lip Stains DO leave a nice stain behind, but they are a glossy finish and will mostly transfer off until you are left with the stain.

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
  • lipstick stayed on all night!
testing