Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

Anyone else have an allergic reaction on their lips to Bite Beauty products? I know they have all natural ingredients, which is why I'm perplexed. I've tried two different products from them and end up with eczema-like cuts on my lips.
Anonymous Insider

Re: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

I literally signed up for this Sephora account to say my lips look and feel exactly like yours right now! I left it on yesterday while I was home, I couldn't find my normal chapstick and left it on for most of the day. It feels like I sucked my lips too hard or something. They're split and swollen, and my inner lips are a deep red just like yours. What the heck is going on? I have absolutely no allergies, nor have I ever had an allergic reaction before. I thought I was doing something in my sleep. I've used it in small amounts before going to bed before, and would woke up with weird feeling lips (almost more cracked than the day before). My lips never felt like they were being healed, I'd still need more chapstick as time would go on throughout the day. This is crazy, this was a xmas gift from a family member and they gave this product to others who haven't opened it yet. I'm warning them asap.

Omg YES this is happening to me right now! Started off at little blisters around the outside and got dry yesterday and woke up today with swollen lips. 

Ouch! So sorry! I hope it heals quickly. I definitely steer clear of all Bite products now. Crazy that we’re in the minority though.

Totally agree, thank you!!

Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

I also have allergic reactions to Bite lipstick. I have a suspicion it's the castor oil--most of the other brands of lipstick I use don't include it but when I try brands that do I get a reaction. it's really a shame because I seem to get this stuff in every Play box...so I'm giving it to a friend it doesn't poison.
Anonymous Insider

I was using the Agave lip balm when I broke out in what I thought to be cold sores.  My lips were very dry at the time so I just thought they were overly sensitive...until I used it again when my lips were in their “normal” state.  Next day, same result.  Strangely it’s just my bottom lip(?) that’s literally oozing like an open sore...though there are no visible sores; just a tingly, cold-sore feeling ...so weird!! 

yes, such a bummer as I love the color and smell/taste of their products.  I keep retrying, but both the lipstick (amuse buche) and matte creme lip crayon do the same thing - itchy, bumpy, peeling lips. 

This product did the same to me, horrid reaction!!! Run from this brand.  Never had a reaction like this in my life😣😢😭

Yes! I had a reaction a couple of weeks ago and thought it was some new medication. I finally healed up and then last night I put on the Bite Beauty agave lip mask. This morning I have swollen lips with blisters! Seriously! This is ridiculous!

Stop using it now before you end up like this. I got the agave lip mask in August 2018 and loved it so when I started seeing a rash i thought it was my eczema flaring up apparently although it seems to be natural if you read the ingredients ot has alot of Lanolin in it. Im so sad cuz I had no clue nor did I ever feel irriation directly on my lips and the whole area was dry so i just kept putting the mask on all day and night.Stop using it now before you end up like this. I got the agave lip mask in August 2018 and loved it so when I started seeing a rash i thought it was my eczema flaring up apparently although it seems to be natural if you read the ingredients ot has alot of Lanolin in it. Im so sad cuz I had no clue nor did I ever feel irriation directly on my lips and the whole area was dry so i just kept putting the mask on all day and night.

I had the same exact experience. It’s so strange to me because I don’t have any allergies. 

Anonymous Insider

On one hand I'm relieved to know that I'm not alone.  But on the other hand, it's very frustrating to see all of these issues with customers and yet the product continues to be on the shelf.  I'm not prone to allergies or reactions at all.  This happened to me about 5 years ago and only thought it might have been the Bite lipstick.  Got a freebie lipstick in the birthday gift recently and tried it again - within an hour my lips began to tighten and burn.  Last time it took almost 3 months to heal.  Would love to know if anyone has tips on speeding up the healing process?  And I hope Sephora discontinues this product in their stores or better yet for Bite to come up with a new formula.

RE: Re: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

A doctor once told me it is impossible to get tested for everything because there are too many variables so even if you tested negative it doesn’t mean you won’t ever get a reaction to something, I think they’re still selling this because even with this many people having reactions there are probably a lot more people happy with their products. It is always a risk with anything that says natural or has any kind of fragrances/flavors. It would be nice if companies stopped using that many irritants natural or not in their products but if we as consumers keep buying stuff because how it smells or taste or because we keep thinking everything natural is better for us I don’t see things changing anytime soon
Anonymous Insider

I am so grateful for these posts!  So many people have the same exact symptoms as me, its scary!  My lips took over three weeks to heal completely, it was a horrible situation...I hope nobody ever has to go through what I went through!

This just happened to me... picked up the free birthday gift which was the Bite lipstick. I had put it on and within the hour, around the outer part of my lips it was getting really itchy, turned a bit red, and now it's feeling scaly, dry, very tight with a burning feeling. It's been 3 days, I've been applying Aquaphor & aloe, and seems to be improving a little. Definitely bringing this crap back to Sephora!  

I'm still so boggled at why it's still being sold too, given the amount of feedback and possibly more that's not posted in the BIC.

@mmmiu  I think what it comes down to is for every person who has a reaction tons of people don't (but no one starts a thread saying I have no allergic reaction haha). There is no product that will work for everyone -their amuse bouche lippie for example has over 5000 reviews and is at nearly 5 stars (to be fair we don't know how may reviews sephora removed but it's still a lot of people reviewing saying it works for them).

There are lots of other products people have reactions to (some eye creams come to mind for those of us with sensitive eyes) but sephora and the brand are not going to stop selling something that works for the majority of people.   

I can only wear 2 colors from the bite amuse Bouche line and have worn the colors sake and fig down to empties for years and have the clear agave lip mask.  I never tried the agave colored ones because I don’t like bright or dark colors in a lip balm. These are all my favorites and so nourishing/pigmented without that awful chemical taste. I also have the pastel lip liners from them. I AM SHOCKED by all these reports of people having a reaction. I don’t know if it is color specific (maybe my colors don’t have a certain ingredient I don’t know) but the colors I have do not cause any reaction whatsoever for me and I use them almost everyday.  I don’t really like their color range, too dark, bright, or the pastels are too cakey but I absolutely adore the couple colors and formulations that I use a lot.

Laniege sleeping mask helped me so much to recover from my horrible experience. I was two weeks away from my wedding day when I had my reaction. Three trips to urgent care, several doctors and tests later... they had no idea. The lip mask helped me get back to normal in time for my wedding but I still had no clue what was going on... until a month or so later when I got my bite beauty birthday gift from Sephora. Took two days of wearing the lipstick to figure it out! And then I found this forum and it answered all of my questions about the culprit. 

OMG that must've been an awful feeling, right before your...

OMG that must've been an awful feeling, right before your wedding! I'm glad that it turned out okay.

The Laneige lipmask was a lifesaver!

testing