Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

The Question Thread 2.0!!

Have a question about a setting spray, foundation, concealer color, or an eyeshadow palette?? Look no further than here! Post your questions here about anything and everything makeup, skin, and hair related. Our community is great about helping out gals and guys in need of an answer. Don't be shy - ask away :).

skincare 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-101-Discussions-Questions-and-All/m-p/27192...

Makeup 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Makeup-101-Discussion-Questions-and-All/m-p/2784774

The Hair thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Best-Hair-Ever/THE-HAIR-THREAD/m-p/2768486#M6666

Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!

@greeneyedgirl107 I tried both the regular hydrate shampoo and conditioner again today and for some reason today they felt much more hydrating than last week. Not sure why. My one issue with the conditioner is that it's super minty and it's also got dimethicone in it, which I try to avoid. I'm going to keep using both and see how I feel. I got both liters at half their usual price so I won't feel as bad if they don't work out, and my bf will surely use them up.

@makeitup305 Yes - that's a big reason I avoided the Hydrate conditioner was b/c of the minty-ness.  I didn't mind it every so often, but didn't want it regularly.  As for the silicones, for years I was using a silicone-free conditioner.  I just started using a new one, and it's working out very well.  I did use Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Triple Detox Shampoo 24 oz/ 710 mL last week just to be on the safe side.  It worked well - I cut it with my Hydrate Shampoo to get some lather.

I know it's frustrating to try a product a couple times and have different outcomes.  That's why I rarely try new hair products - I can't stand the ups and downs!

I used to use the Pureology Hydrate Sheer.  I liked it because it didn't weigh down my hair without any animal derivitives. I switched to Briogio and enjoy the results more. 

@makeitup305 I love Pureology but I prefer the Colored hair one over the hydrate one.  For hydration I love Oribe moisture and control.

RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

Hello, does anyone know whether the non-matte shades in huda beauty obsessions and nude obsessions palette contain GLITTER? Are they shimmer or straight up glitter? Some of the reviews are saying they are glitters but the description says shimmers. Thanks!

Re: RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

Hi there!

I own the Coral Obsessions palette

The palette non-mattes are described as shimmers, but despite the fact that the shades actually look glittery in the pans, these are duo-chrome shimmers.

Once you apply it on, the result is beautiful.

I think that the glitter confusion comes from what looks like less-finely milled pigments than what we are used to and the high-shine finish.

There is technically no chunks of glitter, so the texture is not harsh nor irritating to the skin.

I attached a picture. Keep in mind that I used a light hand to swatch the shades!

First swatch: Bottom, right corner

Second swatch: Top, left corner.

I hope this helps x

0DE3BFF2-3B8E-4A23-85AB-D7FFA55E160D.jpeg

@marjanaaaa I'm not seeing polyethylene terephthalate / PET listed in the ingredients of any of the Obsessions or Nude Obsessions palettes, so assuming the ingredients lists are correct, there's no plastic glitter in any of them, at least.

A couple of years ago I believe that Too Faced had a set of their mini melted matte lipsticks. Could someone that purchased the set confirm if there was a pumpkin spice shade.

@Loretta55 

9959031E-D72E-40FC-BFAA-6E6A5B6B0F74.png

4369364C-15DD-4B6C-A16D-3CB2BD74897B.png

That was the set @SportyGirly125 . I did remember a pumpkin spice shade. Thank you very much!

@TeamBIC @SephoraBIC anyone know if Sephora will be carrying the Morphe face masks? I saw this pic on Morphe’s Twitter and think they’re super cute and wearable! 

2E703FF5-8BD2-469F-9D3D-7E258D6A374B.jpeg

Didn’t see a Morphe brand-loyal thread so I thought I’d ask in this question thread!

These are so cute!

These are so cute!

RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

What are the things we need to have a natural glowing makeup look nothing cakey?

Make sure your skin is well-moisturized and that there is no dry spots. The skin condition will have a big impact on your look, even if you use cream and liquid products.

Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Moisturizer 3 oz/ 100 mL

I also use Saie Slip Tint Dewy Tinted Moisturizer Three 

Lancôme UV Expert Aquagel Defense Sunscreen, Primer & Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 50 

Saie Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Multipurpose Illuminator 

NUDESTIX Nudies Bloom All Over Dewy Color 

Saie Sun Melt Natural Cream Bronzer 

NUDESTIX Nudefix Cream Concealer

Iconic London Prep-Set-Glow Hydrating Glowy Setting Spray 

Hope this helps x

@SportyGirly125 Great products!

Anyone ever buy CAUDALIE - Lip Conditioner? Is it normal that it doesn’t come with a seal of plastic or box? 

Does anyone know if it's possible to order the mini UD Primer Potion samples? Besides like Ebay. The ones without a stick/wand?

@Samtian @I don’t think so.  You can buy the travel size one but it has a wand 😞

@SportyGirly125 That's what I was afraid of haha, thank you!

Can anyone who's ordered from Linda Hallberg before tell me how long it usually takes orders to arrive to the US? I placed an order on 4/24, haven't heard anything since, and they aren't responding to my questions on social media. 

1 Reply
testing