Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

The Question Thread 2.0!!

Have a question about a setting spray, foundation, concealer color, or an eyeshadow palette?? Look no further than here! Post your questions here about anything and everything makeup, skin, and hair related. Our community is great about helping out gals and guys in need of an answer. Don't be shy - ask away :).

skincare 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-101-Discussions-Questions-and-All/m-p/27192...

Makeup 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Makeup-101-Discussion-Questions-and-All/m-p/2784774

The Hair thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Best-Hair-Ever/THE-HAIR-THREAD/m-p/2768486#M6666

Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!

@makeitup305 I have never had that happen to me and I love Nars Fort De France. 

@SportyGirly125 It's really weird. It happened the day I posted this but I've used it twice after and it held up fine and looked beautiful. I wonder if it's just a foundation or concealer that I have that breaks it up, since I don't really set my face. It really is a gorgeous highlight though.

Is “The Ordinary” brand typically included in Spring ROUGE/VIB sale?

Also, anyone has any thoughts on the below?

The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density 2 oz/ 60 mL

@naturalooks15 I have it and have used it semi consistently. I can't say if it really works since I tend to not use it much because it makes my scalp oilier faster and since I only wash once every 3 or 4 days otherwise I get lazy with it. 

Thanks @makeitup305  I ordered it already but knowing this help. Now I will research some more before opening it and see if I want to keep it or return it. 

Yup, it's usually excluded. I've been using it for about...

Yup, TO usually excluded. I've been using it for about a week and a half, haven't noticed any major changes yet. At the same time, my hair isn't faring any worse, in the past some things I've tried have tangled my hair, so I'm going to stick with it for now.

Re: Yup, it's usually excluded. I've been using it for about...

Thanks @danielledanielle  @cangirl84  For your input.

last year the ordinary and dyson was excluded

last year the ordinary and dyson was excluded

Has anyone here in the community used the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Clinical Grade IPL Dark Spot Correcting Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

I am intrigued but don’t want to just jump in as it’s expensive. Hyperpigmentation is one of my main concern and wanted to check if anyone in the community used it and has had success.BB15E278-794E-4406-B1AE-C43C5007E48D.jpeg

@naturalooks15 The IPL Serum is a bit of a gamble. I use...

@naturalooks15 The IPL Serum is a bit of a gamble. I use it; it works. But I have a 0.25oz bottle and have only gone through half in nearly 7 weeks of 4-6x/week use. I have trouble seeing how anyone could get through a full 1oz before it oxidizes. -- The packaging is dropper style. Mine started changing within a month. So, yes, it's good, but I don't know if it's worth the price in the current packaging.

Re: @naturalooks15 The IPL Serum is a bit of a gamble. I use...

@EsinaJ  Thank you. It helps to know that this has issues of oxidizing soon. I thought this had more stable form of Vit C. I would maybe lookout for a DS size bottle in any offers to try it out first.

Re: @naturalooks15 The IPL Serum is a bit of a gamble. I use...

Some bright news for those looking to try the Dr. Dennis Gross IPL Serum. A 0.5 oz size is included in the DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Your Skin Heroes set, along with the Alpha Beta peel & other goodies! 🙂 @naturalooks15

I saw the new Lancome UV Expert in the Ulta ad. Does anyone know if Sephora will carry the CC cream? I can only find the primer/moisturizer on their website. Also has anyone tried it and if so, comparison to other BB/CC creams? Thanks!

@ShortErica I was intrigued by it but ended up not picking it up since it has denatured alcohol as the 4th ingredient and I usually stay away from that, especially in skincare. I like the It Cosmetics CC Cream and the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Gel Cream.

@makeitup305 I saw that about the ingredients after I posted. I try to avoid alcohol too. I found Bare Minerals had a better shade range but was too dewy while It Cosmetics leaned yellow and I found it too thick - all personal preference and not a fault of either product. I might need to search matte light coverage foundations vs. only bb/cc creams to find a product that suits me.

@ShortErica - Have you tried the Lancome Feels Good Skin Tint? The finish is more satin than matte, and the range does not lean too yellow (which is actually my problem w/ it lol).

@gymgirl2 I haven't tried that one. I'm trying to be more conscious about ingredients and have been ruling out products with fragrance. I feel like I'm getting super picky. 😬

@ShortErica are you looking for an all in one product (skincare + spf + coverage) or just a light coverage foundation? In my experience most products that tout themselves as BB or CC creams tend to be pretty dewy. If you're looking for more of a matte light coverage, I've been really liking the Revlon Candid Foundation and the Covergirl Outlast Active foundation SPF 20. Neither of them have alcohol (at least as one of the main ingredients) and both have a natural matte finish.

@makeitup305 I'm a big believer in SPF should be a separate product from foundation. I'm okay with a face product containing SPF as long as it doesn't cause flashback..like I really take pictures with flash all the time. 🤣 I do like the BB/CC creams should give skin benefits that a foundation might. But yep, they do tend to be on the dewy side and most of the time with limited shade range they are a bit dark on me too. Thanks for the suggestions!

Can anyone recommend a setting powder for someone that is fair skinned and pretty dry? I've had issues with my foundation breaking up/dissolving around my nose and mouth area recently. I've heard good things about the Hourglass powder, the Becca hydrating powder, and also the CT airbrush powder. HOURGLASS - Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder - 1 Fair

Anonymous Insider

I would try using the Hourglass Translucent Powder or the...

I would try using the Hourglass Translucent Powder or the Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder. I have dry skin too but even if you do find a great setting powder, it's still important to moisturize your skin. I currently use the It Cosmetics Confidence in a Hyrdating Moisturizer. Also a setting spray also helps, have you tried the Urban Decay All Nighter Spray or the Smashbox Primer Setting Spray both I find are good for dry skin. Hope that helps! 😀
1 Reply
testing