Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

The Question Thread 2.0!!

Have a question about a setting spray, foundation, concealer color, or an eyeshadow palette?? Look no further than here! Post your questions here about anything and everything makeup, skin, and hair related. Our community is great about helping out gals and guys in need of an answer. Don't be shy - ask away :).

skincare 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-101-Discussions-Questions-and-All/m-p/27192...

Makeup 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Makeup-101-Discussion-Questions-and-All/m-p/2784774

The Hair thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Best-Hair-Ever/THE-HAIR-THREAD/m-p/2768486#M6666

Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!!

I've got a curious question for you all...

Anyone else's Fenty shimmer stick come broken like mine? (crying face)

Now I'll have to go into a physical store to make an exchange...sigh

On the bright side, I wasn't scared to do a good swatch because it was already broken so what the heck and I'm loving the color and the formula! Goes on buttery smooth and spreads pretty easily without any tug.

IMG_3683.jpg

I wish this thread stuck around long enough for people to see it. 

@alexasteph @MissPuff I came to this thread to specifically ask about this! I noticed that I don't see the September Hauls thread, the party thread, or the Deals Too Good To Pass Up thread (just to name a few) on the main page, despite new posts. It really makes me sad because such threads and more were the heart of BT imo. 

Okay...  I wish this one would actually APPEAR on the main feed. 

@alexasteph I know! I am baffled as to which groups and which threads appear on the main feed. I completely forgot about September Hauls and the Deals Thread because they don't appear on my main feed, even if someone posted just a second ago. Mods! What's going on? @candacebt@KatieBT

@MissPuff I posted in a couple of threads and they didn't update. I was worried it was my profile, so I picked a random one and responded to see what would happen. When I saw that update, I knew there was something going on with the threads, not my profile. It's getting really frustrating. Sephora's social media push for this "community" is going to destroy it. 

Help me decide!  Does anyone have any experience with the Estée Lauder x Victoria Beckham collection?  I can't decide if I should get the Blonde Gold eye metals or the Blonde Gold eye foil.  I'm a little nervous that the eye foil will dry out in the new pot packaging, as opposed to the lipgloss-esque packaging it was sold in last year?

Temptalia was pretty rough on the eyeshadow pallets from the most recent launch but I think she did mention that the Blonde Gold eye metal was the one bright spot?

Does anyone know of a good bb/cc cream in stick formation? I really love the feel and ease of stick foundations but I don't need full coverage everyday. I've tried the physicians formula one and that is ok, but the medium color is just a little too light for me. 

I don't know personally, and bb sticks are hard to find! But maybe KathleenLights' foundation stick reviews may help you. 1 drugstore, 1 high end. 

I was going to link them but I forgot it's not seph. 

Has anyone found the missing travel thread yet?  If so, please post the link!  In the meantime, thanks so much to @Mochapj @fatimamummy @lachaton for all your recommendations for Toronto! Turns out I was so busy, I barely had time to go anywhere special and take all your recommendations but I tried. I was at a reception at the Royal Ontario museum, slipped away to the Guerlain boutique, but it was closed. 😢😢 

I got over to the Sephora at the mall, it was a really nice one! I was able to jump into a Shoppers and so now I feel like I know what you guys are talking about. I finally had some pouting, it was pretty amazing. At the reception I mentioned earlier, they had the most amazing thing, it was cubes of cheese, wrapped in maple syrup that was chilled on this bed of shaved ice! Omg, I can still taste how delicious it was.  Anyway, I took a few pictures while I was out. Toronto was lovely, and I look forward to coming back next year for another conference. 

Headed out for the day!Headed out for the day!View from hotel.View from hotel.Distillery District for dinner.Distillery District for dinner.Love locks wall at the distillery district.Love locks wall at the distillery district.View downtown.View downtown.La tour.La tour.IMG_0748.JPG

Wow!   What a fun trip!   Thank you so much for sharing your photos!   @sister13

@sister13 The travel thread was deleted. Feel free to make a new one, though. 🙂

Also, great pics and I'm glad to hear you had a fun trip!

Oh no x2! I loved it too. Maybe I'll start a new one soon! @lmi82

Oh no!!! I love the Travel thread!

Hi guys im new to being a VIB can anyone explain what this monthly gift thing is. Thanks

Hi @Taz001 !  It's a little misleading but the "monthly gift" actually refers to the gift with purchases that become available for VIB and VIB Rouge members.  They usually require you to spend $35 but depending on what the gift with purchase is the minimum amount may be higher.

It's just another "gift with purchase", not an outright free gift. Watch your emails, or follow the Promo Code thread...it'll be for VIB/Rouge only, and usually has a buy-in of $35+.

@Taz001

Just decided to use these for serum - an old promo, but they are nearly empty. Anyone recall if these started out any fuller? Disappointing!

IMG_0843.JPG

@sister13 I dug out 2 different Skin Inc promos I had. They are all 0.17 oz but the My Daily Dose trio was from July 2016 and the pick 2 was from August 2015. The trio seems to have a little bit more product so maybe the others lost some product over the years. I don't believe they were ever completely full. Hope this helps 🙂

DSC02701.JPG

Helps a lot, @HookedOnBeauty2 thanks!! Good to haVe a reference for comparison.

1 Reply
testing