Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

The Question Thread 2.0!!

Have a question about a setting spray, foundation, concealer color, or an eyeshadow palette?? Look no further than here! Post your questions here about anything and everything makeup, skin, and hair related. Our community is great about helping out gals and guys in need of an answer. Don't be shy - ask away :).

skincare 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-101-Discussions-Questions-and-All/m-p/27192...

Makeup 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Makeup-101-Discussion-Questions-and-All/m-p/2784774

The Hair thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Best-Hair-Ever/THE-HAIR-THREAD/m-p/2768486#M6666

Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!!

Personally no but a friend of mind learned during a recent Sephora trip that she couldn't use items with grape ingredients. 

Did anyone else loose a bunch of their "likes" (sorry I don't know if we still call it a hearts or what). I lost over 300 hearts which kinda sucks :(.

@niki172. The hearts have been alllllll over the place.   I think the default view on the Conversation Main page is a rolling 30 day view (?) .  However, total heart count varies depending on whether you look at your all time hearts on the leaderboard vs your total heart count when you look at all your posts in your profile.   It's totally inconsistent....

@niki172 yes! Each time I log on I see that the "top contributors" have less and less hearts. Odd! 

@niki172 - that is super weird that you mention that....I know I went down this thread and hearted every post and now, they're "unhearted".  Cat Surprised

@Tamara76 @ElleElleG @ZombieMetroAnt - oh good I'm not seeing things :D. I thought someone mentioned (maybe V?) that threads were disappearing as well, so maybe that's adding to the fluctuation??

Spoiler
just for giggles:
Related image

I am wondering if anyone can recommend an ashy eyebrow pencil. I have hair that my hairstylist would describe as dark ash blonde and I would describe as light/medium brown. I've been using Laura Mercier Ash Blonde but I'm not sure if it's quite dark enough. There's a shade from Hourglass (Soft Brown I think) I was eyeing, but I'm not sure about using that kind of shape.

I have Lancome's Mr. Big eyebrow pencil in Chestnut, and I would definitely say it's a cool ashy brown.  It's very soft, so you would need a clear brow gel on top to keep it from moving around.  And, a light hand is definitely needed; in fact, I don't apply it straight from the pencil, but with a separate brush for that reason.  @blueviolet21  Sorry to be stalking you here. 🙂

LOL you're not stalking! And thank you so much for the recommendation, I will check it out on the next Nordstrom/Sephora run 🙂 @Ispend2much6

I am blonde with at time translucent eyebrows and I have been so impressed with the IT Cosmetics Brow Power™ Universal Brow Pencil. When you're pale/blonde, universal is almost always too dark-but this product totally nails it. I also love the Benefit Gimmie Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel in 01 Light. Fills things out, holds shape and is a perfect shade.

http://www.sephora.com/brow-power-universal-brow-pencil-P411397?skuId=1868207&icid2=products%20grid:...

http://www.sephora.com/gimme-brow-P409239?skuId=1820596&icid2=products%20grid:p409239

@blueviolet21, Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe might be worth a shot! I have ashy blonde hair and that's the shade I use.

Thank you @TopazBeth! For some reason I have never tried it, need to get on that!

Anyone heard any buzz on whether there will be the points multiplier event this month as in previous years? I'm getting low on some of my pricier skincare items and would totally hold out if it's happening.

Yes!!!! It starts Friday!  4x for Rouge and there is a bag of samples in store only with a $40 buy in.  No closed door event in the U.S., though, this year. 😞

My mailer is at home so I can't upload a pic rn.   @liv545

I seriously believe that my husband hid that flier. I usually always get mail from Sephora. 

Related image

@niki172 ^^^ Cat LOL

wait what.gif

@shimmerbait ^^^  There's a bag?!  YAYA!  Thanks @Tamara76 Heart 

@Tamara76 seriously thank you!! I really don't know what I'd do without you guys on here. Much appreciated. The little bag looks so cute too!!!

I can't wait until the point multiplier! I'm glad I've been waiting to make a few purchases 🙂

@liv545

It must have arrived over the weekend, while I was out of town - It was here Sunday night.  You shouldn't need the mailer in store - there is no bar code.

4x1.JPG4x2.JPG

@Tamara76 thank you for letting me know! I didn't get a mailer and usually I do. When did you get yours? Do I need it to get the points? I would have thought they'd send an email out regarding it. If you could upload a picture if you get a moment and don't mind I'd be most grateful. Does it look like the bag will have deluxe samples? I'm glad they're still doing it. So many things have changed it's nice to see some things remaining the same! 🎉🎉🎉

1 Reply
testing