Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

The Question Thread 2.0!!

Have a question about a setting spray, foundation, concealer color, or an eyeshadow palette?? Look no further than here! Post your questions here about anything and everything makeup, skin, and hair related. Our community is great about helping out gals and guys in need of an answer. Don't be shy - ask away :).

skincare 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-101-Discussions-Questions-and-All/m-p/27192...

Makeup 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Makeup-101-Discussion-Questions-and-All/m-p/2784774

The Hair thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Best-Hair-Ever/THE-HAIR-THREAD/m-p/2768486#M6666

RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!!

Ok so I am about to start school again and I love to wear LIGHTWEIGHT foundation because it makes my skin look a little bit better than it is. The only problem is I have really fair skin like porcelain and it's hard because some brands don't have my shade. Any suggestions?

You should try MUFE Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation Stick. I love it. It's lightweight which is perfect because I'm not a fan of makeup feeling like makeup [weird right?]. The finish has a bit of dewiness to it and looks very natural. MUFE's shade range is awesome too!

Re: RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!!

Hi @MiaPressley, I have some thoughts for you. How much coverage are you looking for and are you more dry or combination? 

Off the top of my head, some lightweight foundations that come in pale shades:

Armani Maestro Glow: This is my absolute favorite. It has a white shade (0) that I mix with shade 2. I also mix the white shade from this range with Luminous Silk in 2 which is similarly lightweight on the skin but offers more coverage.

Make Up For Ever HD and Water Blend: I would say Ultra HD is fairly light/natural on the skin, it's a medium coverage and looks nice on the skin applied with a beauty blender. There are a ton of pale shades to choose from. Water Blend has a thinner, runnier texture with less coverage. I haven't tried this one because they didn't make my specific shade in it, but they did make almost all their other shades.

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea: I haven't tried this one but I've heard both dry and combination skinned people say they like it. Tarte did expand the shades of this fairly recently so there are more pale shades to choose from. It has a thinner, more lightweight texture.

RE: Re: RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!!

Thank you!

i'm pretty pale and i love the too faced born this way foundation. it doesnt feel like any things on my skin and it looks super natural

Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!!

My dilemma: I have extremely short eyelashes that tend to disappear under my hooded eyes. The obvious solution is to curl them, but I've had a lot of bad experiences with my lashes breaking or falling out with regular curler use. I'm not sure if my lashes and curlers are just never meant to be, or if there's a curler out there that could treat my lashes more gently while still having the desired effect. Anyone have recommendations? 

RE: Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!!

Shiseido Eyelash Curler! Curls lashes like a dream plus minimal to none lashes fall out. [Only sometimes when I decide to do some new 'curling' method.]

Not sure if you are looking to grow them out but Castor oil does wonders for me!

@TopazBeth I have short, straight lashes and  I've been using the shiseido eyelash curler for years.  It's very gentle and I never feel like it's ripping my lashes out.

Have you tried a lash primer prior to applying your mascara @TopazBeth?

Yes, and that definitely helps a lot with thickening (which I also need)! It doesn't make as much of a difference in terms of curl or the illusion of length, though.

@niki172 Speaking of Kevyn Aucoin's book "Making Faces," does anyone have any beauty book recs?  I prefer reading to watching YouTube videos or reading online.  I own several by Paula Begoun, read one by Allure...and that's about it!  I wasn't too interested in any by Jolie in NYC or Lauren Conrad.

I highly recommend "Face Paint" by Lisa Eldridge! It's an extraordinarily well researched, interesting, gorgeous book about the history of makeup.

I agree with this one. Lisa Eldridge's YouTube videos are incredibly informative too.

Can anyone recommend a good true white or optic white eyeliner that's actually advertised as safe for the waterline? All I can find are off-white or silver/grey-white ones.

The nyx jumbo eye pencil is amazing!

@purly have you checked out the makeup forever one? They have a matte white eyeliner and though it does not specifically say on Sephora it is waterline safe if you read some articles on safe waterline options this one is listed 

@purly Wet 'N Wild should have a true white eyeliner.  I wore it in the 90s, so it's interesting to see how the white liner is coming back.  IDK if it's advertised as safe for the waterline, though.

Yeah, I need something waterline safe. 😕

I just read the old Kevin Aucoin book Making Faces (from 1997! lol) and I wanted to play with the eye widening look.

Has anyone ever tried products from Sprouts before? Have any good recommendations? I'm looking to switch my skincare / makeup products to cleaner / less toxic ingredients.

@niki172,

A Question Thread is an excellent idea, but @etscore1 already has an active  Question Thread. 🙂

testing