Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Sephora Rewards Bazaar

An OLD thread for updates on the new Rewards Bazaar

Please note - this thread will no longer be updated and maintained - refer to the new thread here for current discussion and updates:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/Sephora-Rewards-Bazaar-Previews-and-Discussion/m-p/27...

For the official Sephora FAQ thread on the Rewards Bazaar:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Spoiler

The Rewards Bazaar is supposed to have new point perks released on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9 am and 5pm PST

• There is no set time for the perks to be released - we have to wait and see when they become available between 9 and 5
    • However, so far the rewards have been released around 9 am PST
  • There seem to be only a few perks added at a time (each day)
  • Some perks will be listed as "coming soon" and may arrive on a later date
  • The newly added perks will range from 100 points to 50,000 points
    • Sephora's T&C state that the larger perks (750 points +) are only available online
    • The smaller 100-500 point perks are available in store, while supplies last
  • There are limited quantities of the perks available
  • We aren't sure why the rewards seem to appear on different devices/browsers at different times 

There may not be any "big" point perks added. Some days we may only see smaller 100, 250, or 500 point perks added.

Re: Sephora Rewards Bazaar

Bringing up things that happened months ago and not allowing members to move on and try to become members of the community again is pretty toxic behavior.

Well I guess I'm toxic.

4191054491_289fc2f9d5_o_d.gif

I love that song. The punk goes pop version is a true guilty pleasure of mine.

Sizzlin, V!

Fierce! ❤ I love this V!

Oh V!  You look good, girl!!  00000.JPG

I'm pretty sure its more than just a local caching problem.  Even if you clear your cache, people in certain regions don't have access to the new items.  I think this has to do with Sephora's server rollouts across regions going too slowly (or not being synchronized).

One way to test this theory would be to use proxies to ping servers across US regions and see which, if any, see the new data first.  Maybe I'll try this on thursday Smiley Happy

Over a Peach Palette?????  hahahahah!

Meh don't really care about the palette.  More out of curiosity.  Understanding networks is fun Smiley Happy

I'm so curious too! Please do it and tell us your finding. I agree, understanding networks is fun! We see so many launches go off terrible lately, TheBalm fiasco was one I remember and ASOS was down for at least a day or was it two. I often wonder what could have been done differently. I know there are people making their entire careers out of this IT field now. 

@Madeline7  if ever you find something please let me know. I'm curious to know/understand how it works too... more curious than anything Smiley Very Happy

We are home from our trip!!

Brief back story:

In November 2016, the Rewards Bazaar put up a trip to Los Angeles sponsored by Beauty Blender. The reward included travel for one, hotel, and a once-in-a-lifetime evening with Rea Ann Silva for 17,500 points.  I was lucky to see the option come up and even luckier to check out successfully.

Like many of you, I also experienced the difficulty of the Rewards Concierge redemption process: misinformation, miscommunication, etc; sometimes it seemed like no one knew what was going on. My initial phone call was placed in December to get the ball rolling and plans were not finalized until the last week of March.

The experience as written was to be a Friday through Sunday event.  At my request, the Concierge arranged my travel to originate on Thursday.  The flight on Thursday was the same cost as Friday, so I didn't expect that to be an issue.  I fully anticipated covering the hotel room for Thursday evening but the Experience budget had sufficient funds remaining to cover the extra night.  I did pay out of pocket to upgrade the room from one queen bed to two queen beds.

As I posted a few days ago, my mother flew out with me.  I have never been to California and she has never been to Los Angeles, so the extra time really came in handy.  There is so much to do in LA and we managed to miss nearly all of it!!

We were picked up at LAX by a car service and driven directly to the hotel, The Standard Downtown LA.  This hotel has a funky feel, I don't know how to describe it.  Sort of retro and minimalistic.  The hotel room had no drawers or couches.  Only one plastic chair?  And the beds were on a raised platform on the ground, almost like a really big, carpeted stair.  One wall of the shower was just a glass wall that opened up into the living/sleeping space of the room (it did have a curtain so your bits weren't on display).

Spoiler
Hotel lobby:IMG_7925.JPG

IMG_7926.JPG
Hotel room:
IMG_7908.JPG
IMG_7909.JPG
Sorry if the shower pic is rotated, I can't get it to upload straight up and down.

After we checked in and changed our clothes, we took a walk around Downtown.  Found our way to Macy's (nothing new to buy) and FIGat7th.  This is a small, outdoor, multi-level shopping plaza.  Stores like Zara, MAC, VS, Target, etc.  We don't have a Zara where I live so I was excited to shop there (bought two shirts).  Ate dinner at California Pizza Kitchen (always good), and then finished up at Target to buy drinks and snacks.  We really wanted popcorn from the Target Cafe but found out downtown Target's don't have a cafe.  Boo!  I think we were in bed by 8PM PST (just in time to watch TBBT), our bodies thought it was 11 so we were exhausted.

Friday morning, we went to Starbucks across the street from the hotel for coffee/cocoa and breakfast.  After we finished, back to the hotel to shower and dress for a trip to Rodeo Drive.  Our first stop was Barney's.  I love love love shopping at Barney's online, but have never been in a B&M store.  I didn't buy anything but my mother purchased some small knickknacks.  There is also a Saks and Neiman Marcus nearby.  I went to the Chanel boutique hoping they had the tweed blushes but no dice.  Bought some candies from Sugarfina.  We had so much fun simply people-watching.

Spoiler
I think I took this picture at Barney's:
IMG_7934.JPG
We saw the Hollywood sign from the freeway:
IMG_7929.JPG

Friday night dinner had a reservation at The Lobster in Santa Monica but we decided not to go since we'd be in Santa Monica Saturday evening.  We instead went to Nick and Stef's Steakhouse which was really quite good!  I had a filet, I think my mother had fish.  We agreed we would both eat there again if the opportunity arose.

Saturday morning, back to Starbucks for morning drinks and breakfast.  Back to the hotel to clean up, and then went to the Grove for shopping. Okay, really we were just going through Nordstrom withdrawal.  We love Nordstrom.  The Grove was like another outdoor shopping plaza with mid to higher-end stores and a hodgepodge of eateries, all sorts of varieties and ethnic foods.  I think all we bought was popcorn and a cookie, and sat for lunch at Marmalade Cafe.  I had eggs, bacon, and toast.  I think mom had a salmon platter.  We left around 12:30pm because the car service Beauty Blender arranged was scheduled to pick me up at 3pm to begin my special evening and I wanted time to shower and get pretty.

The car service was on time and drove me to the Van Nuys airport where I would meet Rea Ann and Madison (social media) for a helicopter ride from Van Nuys to Santa Monica.  The airport is very small, really just like a lobby and a runway.  Rea Ann and Madison arrived a few minutes after me and whoever told me Rea Ann was just the nicest woman was absolutely correct.  She has such a warm way about her!  The flight was amazing, I would absolutely do this again if I can.  You could see everything!

Spoiler
Helicopter:
IMG_7950.JPG
Here we go! another rotated, sorry Smiley Sad
IMG_7953.JPG
Rea Ann had a surprise for me in her backyard:
FullSizeRender(5).jpg
My first time seeing the Pacific Ocean:
IMG_7978.JPG

The ride lasted about 30 minutes and we landed in Santa Monica, with car service taking us to Shutters on the Beach Hotel.  Another BB employee, Christopher (account executive and education), met us there.  We started with a drink on the patio.

Spoiler
Rea Ann and Christopher having a serious talk:
IMG_8004.JPG
My bubbly:
IMG_8005.JPG

We sat out on the patio chatting for about half an hour and then made our way inside.  It was good timing - my mother just arrived.  I knew going into the event that it was only for me and not for any guests.  But I called my Beauty Blender contact (not a Sephora/Rewards Concierge employee) earlier in the week asking if it was possible my mother could join us for dinner only and offered to pay for her plate.  Beauty Blender could not have been nicer - it was an immediate "YES BRING YOUR MOTHER, DON'T WORRY ABOUT PAYING, BRING HER TO THE MAKEUP LESSON TOO!" Just so incredibly nice and generous.  BB could have said no and I would be satisfied.  BB could have said they needed to discuss, and I would have been satisfied.  It was just a quick, definitive "yes!"  So we headed to our hotel suite.

The suite was beautiful.  Beautiful bedroom, beautiful bathroom, beautiful living room, beautiful kitchen.  And what made it spectacular was the obvious effort Beauty Blender made to decorate the room.  They hired a caterer to be on hand for the suite portion to pass out drinks and snacks.  One of the drinks was a rose champagne, I loved that everything was pink pink pink!

Spoiler
IMG_8052.JPGIMG_8006.JPGIMG_8015.JPGIMG_8016.JPGIMG_8018.JPGIMG_8020.JPGIMG_8022.JPGIMG_8033.JPG

A few more Beauty Blender employees arrived and it was time to get started on my makeup.

Spoiler
IMG_8025.JPG

Rea Ann said the reason I have trouble using a BB with my foundation is because I use ELDW, which dries so quickly and doesn't play nice with blending.  I might have to switch foundations!  But she agreed it is the best foundation on the market for the qualities I am looking for (full coverage, long lasting, etc).  She spent soo much time making my face perfect and the end result was really excellent.  I don't usually like when other artists do my makeup but I can honestly say I loved Rea Ann's work.  I asked if she would move in with me to do my makeup everyday.  My nose contour was perfect.  My brows were exquisite.  Just the entire look was stunning.  The BB photographer was taking pictures left and right and will send me copies once they are processed.

Spoiler
I hate taking pictures of myself, but here is an after with a Snapchat filter.  Everything looks better with a filter.
IMG_8045.JPG

TWO HOURS LATER after we finished makeup, Beauty Blender surprised both my mother and I with gift bags.  I would have been satisfied with no gift bag.  I would have been satisfied with one gift bag.  But no, they each gave us a bag.  Rea Ann and her team truly went out of her way to spoil us.  They even asked the caterer if he was married (yes) and if his wife would like some products too (yes duh).  So so so generous.

Spoiler
IMG_8050.JPG
Contents of each bag:
IMG_8065.JPG

Then we headed out for dinner.  The restaurant was 1 Pico, which is part of Shutters.  There were 8 of us total: my mother and me, and six BB employees including Rea Ann.  Dinner was delicious.  I had chicken, and dessert was great too!

Spoiler
IMG_8060.JPG
IMG_8064.JPG

Before I knew it, the night was over.  Rea Ann offered us use of the hotel suite for the night but my cousin was meeting us at the Standard for breakfast Sunday morning so the timing wasn't quite right.  BB had also reserved a table for us at Bungalow after dinner but we didn't go and I don't think anyone from BB went either.  The car service picked us up just after 10:30PM and it was like my carriage was slowly returning to pumpkin form.

Sunday morning breakfast at the hotel was good, I haven't seen my cousin in a few years and she is 38 weeks pregnant.  It was lovely having the opportunity to visit with her.  At 12:30pm the car service arrived to transport us from the hotel to LAX.  Home we went!

If anyone is on the fence about redeeming for an experience, I say absolutely go for it.  The Beauty Blender team went out of their way to spoil me.  Thank you to Rea Ann, Danny, Madison, Davita, Christopher, the entire Beauty Blender team for a wonderful weekend, and thank you Sephora for allowing me this opportunity.

You make me want to save my points!! I Just got a beauty blender foundation, so it is great to hear that the founder is so nice. Thanks for sharing!

Idk how I missed this when you posted it last year, but this has got to be the coolest points reward ever!!! Getting flown out ✅ A million beauty blenders in one room ✅ Getting star treatment ✅ they were so sweet to include your mom in everything too! Thanks so much for sharing and I’m very glad you got to go @shimmerbait ☺️

Wow, I really enjoyed reading this review, thank you for the details and the pictures! Smiley Happy

Wow what a great time! I loved reading about your trip. So glad you got to take your mom and that BB were such gracious and generous hosts. How amazing! Smiley Happy

@shimmerbait, I truly enjoyed reading your detailed review. Thank you for sharing all those details with us and it definitely gave me a new outlook on beauty blender. Those gift bags they gave you were really beautiful. 

Nice reward

Thanks for sharing @shimmerbait!  Love how detailed your post is!

This right here makes me want to continue to buy from the brand: "Beauty Blender could not have been nicer - it was an immediate "YES BRING YOUR MOTHER, DON'T WORRY ABOUT PAYING, BRING HER TO THE MAKEUP LESSON TOO!""

and did I spot the Rebecca Minkoff mermaid purse? Smiley Very Happy

@veronika23  Everyone was so warm and accommodating.  I really have no negative feelings about any of it!

and yessss you see the purse! 

@shimmerbait  I loved reading your story! I sent you a private message on here Smiley Happy

34 Replies