Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Insiders
|

Sephora Rewards Bazaar Previews and Discussions

A thread for updates on the Rewards Bazaar, including previews of upcoming rewards and discussion regarding the upcoming rewards and questions.

New rewards are posted on Tuesdays and Thursdays - usually right around 9 am PST / 12 pm EST

There is a separate thread for feedback on reward redemption and experiences which you can find here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/Sephora-Rewards-Bazaar-Redemption-Experiences/td-p/27...

And an interim thread for discussions on perks after the old one was removed during The Great BT Migration of 2017:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/Rewards-Bazaar-Previews-and-Discussions-Thread-Missing/m-p...

For the official Sephora FAQ thread on the Rewards Bazaar: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/The-Beauty-Insider-Rewards-Bazaar-FAQs/td-p/2539566

For questions or information on smaller 100, 250, and 500 point perks:

Spoiler

General information:

Spoiler
  • The Rewards Bazaar is supposed to have new point perks released on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9 am and 5pm PST
  • There is no set time for the perks to be released - we have to wait and see when they become available between 9 and 5
  • However, so far the rewards have been released almost exactly around 9 am PST
    There seem to be only a few perks added at a time (each day)
  • Some perks will be listed as "coming soon" and may arrive on a later date
  • The newly added perks will range from 100 points to 50,000 points
    Sephora's T&C state that the larger perks (750 points +) are only available online
  • The smaller 100-500 point perks are available in store, while supplies last There are limited quantities of the perks available
  • We aren't sure why the rewards seem to appear on different devices/browsers at different times There may not be any "big" point perks added.
  • Some days we may only see smaller 100, 250, or 500 point perks added.
  • Updated Terms & Conditions (as of August 16, 2016):

image.jpeg

• Previews are above - note that these are just sneak peeks, as we do not have complete details as to which perks will be available, when, or what's included.
  • Additional perks usually pop up as a surprise!

Re: Sephora Rewards Bazaar Previews and Discussions

I love the whole premise of the Rewards Bazaar- amazing to be able to collect points and try products. I first used mine to get the YTTP Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser and Iโ€™m so happy I did! Ended up buying some and my friend gifted me the full size for my birthday because I couldn't stop raving about it haha 

Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 

This is really awesome. Thanks for taking the time to do this for all of us newbies like me!

Hey everyone! I redeemed the 750 point  KILIAN Paris Love, Don't Be Shy Travel Spray 0.24 oz/ 7.5 mL Spray , which feels like a bigger reward since I havenโ€™t redeemed in a long while. Itโ€™s just one item, but I tried to justify itโ€ฆ If 2500 points gets you $100, and I redeemed 750 points for a $64 product (+Masterclass) then to get around $100 mark equivalent, it would cost a little under 1500 points so the math tells me it should be worth it ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Anyway, the reward comes with a virtual Kilian masterclass thatโ€™s happening tomorrow so if anyone has questions you want to ask, let me know and Iโ€™d be happy to ask and report back after the session! ๐Ÿค—

Tagging @pocketvenus @eshoe , since we discussed Kilian fragrances before!

A6121875-E8B4-4181-AD63-506D3C0E15C8.jpeg

@Guessgal just saw this post. So intrigued by the whole Love, Don't be Shy thing that I went to check my minis! I have two and the newer one is a lighter yellow orange (still orange and new, production must take a minute) and the older one is darker and more of a true blood orange. I will have to test their scents against each other! 

I think that's an amazing way to use your rewards! 

@Guessgal I think it was a great use of reward points! I wanted so badly to redeem points for this masterclass, but my work schedule didnโ€™t allow for it. Iโ€™d love to hear what you thought of the Masterclass if you have time. ๐Ÿ™‚ Iโ€™ve become pretty enamored with 3 of Kilians fragrances. 

@bem564 Oh no, I totally feel you on that one! I wasnโ€™t sure if I could make the time either when I redeemed since Iโ€™m on the east coast so the class was at 3pm in the middle of the day. I figured if I couldnโ€™t make it, I could just have my bestie attend ๐Ÿ˜œ since her schedule is more flexible. Anyway, on to the class itself! I think some of the background questions the host asked were pretty standard, things that I could find out if I Googled Kilian like him being born in Cognac and the design of his bottles as โ€˜objects of desireโ€™ so that consumers would want to keep the bottle forever and just purchase refills, which then supports a more sustainable world. They also mentioned the story behind Angelโ€™s Share, which I also already knew, but for anyone who doesnโ€™t: the ceilings in his grandfatherโ€™s distillery room are completely dark from the evaporation process of oak barrels drenched in eau de vie, so the angels get their own share of alcohol.

The host then asks the million-dollar question: Who is the good girl gone bad? Itโ€™s Eve in the garden of Eden: the good girl who bit the apple so she went bad! Did you guys know that?! I always thought it was just a common saying and didnโ€™t realize Kilian actually named it after someone. Kilian wanted to create a flower bouquet that no one really does anymore, like a Chanel No.5 feel in the 21st century -> the two are completely different scents, but in Chanel No.5, aldehyde is the opaque wrapping around the flowers. You can smell the flowers, but you cannot pinpoint them: mille-feuille, as Kilian calls it. Instead of aldehyde, Kilian wrapped them in white musk to make Good Girl Gone Bad abstract.

They then discussed Love, Donโ€™t Be Shy. It was developed from someoneโ€™s grandmaโ€™s marshmallow recipe -> opens with neroli and orange blossom. Pouring orange blossom on the marshmallow and wrapping the marshmallow. Labdanum brings the more adult/sexy vibe to it. Oh! They answered a question I had before I even typed it out! I did my homework on this fragrance the night before and according to Sebastian (YouTube Channel: The Perfume Guy) whoโ€™s been buying this scent since its inception, it should be a blood orange colour in the bottle. Sebastianโ€™s experience with it was that in recent years when he bought a new bottle after Rihanna called it her favourite scent, it was much lighter in both colour and scent and was less intense. Heโ€™s an avid believer that they reformulated the fragrance. So Kilianโ€™s words on this is that the colour shift is due to the materials in the bottles that keep interacting with each other; he suggests leaving the vial on the window and see the shift in colour -> originally it is a yellow when it is fresh. Iโ€™m not sure how I feel about this answer since typically youโ€™re supposed to keep fragrance away from sunlight and how would this make the scent have more depth in terms of smell over time? Leaves me with so many more questions! I guess Iโ€™ll keep an eye on my travel spray to see if anything changes in the coming years. So far it is definitely not intense. Itโ€™s very light and airy like how Sebastian described it and I find the scent disappears quickly.

So sorry @pocketvenus @Mcakes , Kilian didnโ€™t answer your questions because they didnโ€™t leave that much time for audience Q&A and what little time they did have was used for the โ€œScent Me, Kilianโ€ activity which flooded the chat box. Scent Me, Kilian was an activity that allowed us to describe in the chat which fragrance families we like or what occasions weโ€™d want to wear a scent. There would be an opportunity to be selected for Kilian to recommend a fragrance from his line personalized to the audience member. That was fun and all but practically all 100 or so participants added requests and we only got through 3. I wouldโ€™ve preferred hearing at least 10 just to see his thought process on the selections and also hear recommendations of fragrances Iโ€™m not familiar with, since of course, there are some that Sephora doesnโ€™t carry. My main critique of the class is that they should have allotted more time for these components if they were going to stress to come with questions and have our cameras on for the interactive activity in the email instructions. There were no cameras enabled in this zoom call so no, Kilian did not get to see my face ๐Ÿ˜ซ and it didnโ€™t really feel all that different from a regular webinar.

Okay, Iโ€™m going to save this long post and end with a positive note with hush hush ๐Ÿคซ news!! Kilianโ€™s favourite cocktail currently is the Moscow Mule -> will be the inspiration for the next fragrance!! He even showed us a small vial of the concoction! I canโ€™t wait till it releases so I can get a whiff! Second news item is that Princess is being repackaged in June -> will be black lacquered bottle -> no engraving on the side to make it more modern + affordable. A while back, I was gifted the travel spray by a friend and really enjoy the smell of it. Itโ€™s too bad I didnโ€™t buy the orb when I could, but glad the scent is at least making a comeback!

@Mellmars1185 @Titian06 @Renkobe123 @eshoe @SportyGirly125 

Thank you @Guessgal I just learned so much from you, we need no masterclasses when we have you! ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿฅฐ

@Guessgal Wow!!!! I just loved reading through your detailed recollection of the masterclass. So many interesting points. I had no idea about the origin of 'Good Girl Gone Bad'. It's too bad that the class didn't have the interactive component as described. Thank you for the secret intel about the upcoming release. I cannot wait to sample that one! To memory, I've never quite made it through an entire bottle of perfume...but I'm on my second bottle of Angel's Share! It is everything I have ever wanted in a scent for myself. Thank you, thank you for taking such time & care to describe the class. I greatly appreciate it!!! 

What an incredibly detailed review, @Guessgal - it felt like I was there! Thank you for taking the time to share a very intricate summary, I enjoyed reading it. It sounds like it was an excellent class ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

@Guessgal - Thank you so much for the tag!  Your review is so interesting.  I'm sorry it didn't go as described, but it was still better than nothing! ๐Ÿ’–  I don't buy his explanation on the change in the perfume.  I certainly wouldn't put it on a windowsill or in sunlight.  Just admit it was reformulated; it's not like people can't figure it out! ๐Ÿคจ

Intrigued by the new perfume.  I received Juliette Has a Gun Moscow Mule 0.25 oz/ 7.5ml Eau de Toilette Travel Spray gratis from Sephora when it was released.  I certainly hope it's better than that one! ๐Ÿ˜

Ahh thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us @Guessgal ! Bummer it didnโ€™t go as proposed with the questions and camera, but it seems like you got a lot of good takeaways from the session. 

@Guessgal I am a HUGE Kilian fan. The next fragrance that he was probably referencing is this one:

Kologne (2022) SHIELD OF PROTECTION
Founder Kilian Hennessy sees perfume as a shield of protection from the outside world, emboldening our unconscious desires with a sense of security
Kologne shield of protection is his ultimate olfactive expression of this belief. A fragrance for spraying around oneself like an aura of purity and vitality.

Perfume notes : Green Mandarin, Bitter Orange, Mint, Rosemary, Lemon Petitgrain, Neroli, Cedarwood, Cashmeran, Elixir of Life accord

Olfactive Family : The Fresh

Comment

@Guessgal Pretty interesting, thank you for sharing!

@Guessgal Wow, thank you so much for sharing such a long and detailed report with us!! I didn't know that about Good Girl Gone Bad and love learning these little tidbits <333

As for materials changing. It is true colours change and you don't need to expose them to light for that. Definitely do not recommend putting it in front of the window. That can degrade some materials. It's why when you get a vintage that has not been stored properly, the citruses may have gone off. So I agree, please do not put your perfumes in direct sunlight ๐Ÿ˜ฎ  Maybe Kilian can waste his own perfumes like this because he can easily replace them!!

I think reformulation is just how things go in the perfume industry because there are changing regulations and access to materials. All the fragrance houses are very hush-hush about it, very "deny everything" but honestly, I think they could make bank if they were really upfront about batches and treated them more like the wine industry. A reformulation isn't necessary worse either. I really like, for example, the 1980s reformulation of Rochas Femme. It introduced a shocking cumin note that I think is fantastic.

It sounds like we'll be getting another release in the liquors line then! Thanks for sharing this bit of insider news ๐Ÿ™‚ Seems like this line is doing well. 

@Guessgal what a wonderful description! I can almost smell the fragrances! You are a wonderful community insider. Your descriptions made me feel your excitement to be invited, and understand your wish to have more time for sure! Thank you for all the time you spent typing this up for us!

Becky

@Guessgal @Thank you so much for your in depth explanation I felt like I was there with you guys. 

The one eshoe and I attended was cool because it was a zoom conference where you could see the people attending and they made time for people to asks him questions. I think you would have loved that one.  There definitely wasnโ€™t that many people on that one. I felt like they were hardcore fans. 

So, I just registered for my first Sephora virtual class. I entered my information on each of the class links that the three classes in my e-mail took me to (7 virtues, Glow Recipe, and La Mer). I got conformation e-mails from all three. The problem is that they all have a link to read the terms and conditions and that your Zoom information must be correct to receive the gifts. I then joined Zoom, and they didnโ€™t require anything but a password and e-mail to sign up. No individual class pages either. Does anyone know if giving your contact information when signing up for the class is enough to receive the gifts? If not, how do you do it on Zoom?

@Pumpkin8205 Before they started charging for points, you would RSVP with you name, address and email and get a link emailed that had the Zoom link.  When you attend the class you would enter your name and email address on the zoom page.

From the initial sign up whatever address information you gave is where they would send the gift to.

@Guessgal Enjoy! I hope you enjoy your class!

@Guessgal Fantastic reward!!! โค๏ธ If it's not too late I'd be curious about how he feels about working with Estee Lauder, if he misses any of the discontinued fragrances, and how the pandemic has changed the manufacturing end of his business! Please enjoy the event ๐Ÿ™‚

testing