Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Sephora Holiday Gratis 2022!!!

Holiday Greetings to the lovely people of BIC whichever holiday you celebrate! 

As many of you are aware, @TeamBIC has this naughty little habit of turning into a bunch of festive elves and spoiling a random number of active BIC community contributors with a surprise holiday treat come this time of year!  Yeah the imagery is there of TeamBIC in pointy green hats making the magic happen while sipping on hot cocoa.

I’m sure all of you are eager to see what they’ve been up to this season!  I know I am!  They never fail to impress me with their creative box designs (my inner cat loves the boxes as much as the contents) Of course the contents are always wonderful too;);)

This thread is for expressing your community excitement, making wild or educated sleuthed-out guesses as to what could be inside  and for sharing with the community, photos of any gifts you receive, and also for congratulating other community members on their awesome luck and for making BIC the beauty haven it is!   

And once people have had a chance to try out their…ahhhh thé suspense is too much!!!😝, this is a great place to both write and read the best quality product reviews!  It doesn’t get more honest than from the mouths of BIC members you talk to everyday and who know exactly what kind of information you like!  It’s also a great place to ask questions on any products members have received and know you’ll get a speedy response!

I look forward to seeing all the photos

posted as members receive and open boxes, sharing in the joy and witnessing how everyone’s surprises work for them!

Speaking of gratis that works for me, I have been wearing the Kilian Apple Brandy fragrance from last year all week!!!  A continuous thank you to @TeamBIC for every single time I smell like spicy mince meat tarts🥰🥰🥰🥧

Also, I heard someone say today they finished their holiday shopping.  Show of hands, who’s finished or, ahem… started their holiday shopping?  😆✋🏻 I started and am nowhere near finished status; as collected and organized as that would be.  

B9838C05-63AA-45CA-8327-D6E1B8BF2787.jpeg

F99EC02F-0B9F-494B-832C-E4250BE65042.jpeg

Re: Sephora Holiday Gratis 2022!!!

Thank you so much, @Loretta55!! 🥰

It's to early for me to review the magical hair potions recieved in the holiday gratis box, I need more time to get familiar with them and figure them out a bit more,  but the hair dryer I can't - not- talk about it. I'm so in love with this brightly coloured beauty, can we talk about it? It can smooth out my hair in no time at all.  I don't like using high temperatures on my hair often, the middle setting on this is not too hot at all and it's sooo powerfull for being soo tiny! I love love love it 💛

I tried to take a cute picture of the dryer...

Cuz I've seen you guys post some great photos of it ..

20221204_113013_mr1670171516489.jpg

but I don't think this is the best shot lol

But that's besides the point, I am thrilled with this each time I blow dry my hair! And how quickly it dries my hair? Less than 10 minutes to play with this and me and my round brush are done 😍

I don't get the negative reviews on this, she's a winner 🏆 

Drybar Baby Buttercup Blow-Dryer 

@CynthieLu  congrats! I love the photo. 

@CynthieLu Haha! I love the picture! Congratulations on receiving these goodies! Happy to hear you're lovin' the hair dryer so far! 😃

So glad to hear this is working out nicely for you, @CynthieLu! And I think your pic looks great! 

Thank you! 🌼 @quspork 

@CynthieLu first of all, obsessed with your hair color. it's soo stunning! i'm totally with you on the Buttercup heat settings. the medium setting is perfect for drying but not overheating/frying. i've been traumatized by hair straightners is the mid 2000s with that burning hair smell ahhhhh

@cianni oooh yes so much needless hair cooking in the ol days lol 😆 the dark days are over 

This red hair dye is like a chameleon, every wash it changes a little, until I dye it again 🦊 good thing I have the k18 cuz I really put my tresses thru allot

@CynthieLu I need to practice with a round brush!  

@missjeanie practice makes perfect 💞  I found these tutorials videos on YouTube for the Buttercup and creating different blow out styles, I'm hoping to work up my skill level and give a few a try. I know it'll take many attempts before I get the hang of it but I have the patience. You should check them out 😄

Glad you're loving the blow dryer, @CynthieLu!!

Sooo much @haleyvvvv 😁 💛

Your photo is cute @CynthieLu. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the blow dryer.

I'm sooo thrilled with the dryer 🤩 @Loretta55 Aww thank you, it was a struggle to find a shot 📸 

Today was "hair day," so I was able to try a few of the gratis products.  I used the K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Molecular Hair Repair Value Set – Full-Size Repair Mask & Free Travel Detox Shampoo , the JVN Complete Blowout Styling Milk 3 oz / 90 mL , and the Drybar Buttercup Blow-Dryer .

This was the first time I have used a shampoo that contained charcoal. The K18 Detox Shampoo was very different from my usual OUAI Detox Shampoo and the Verb Reset Clarifying Shampoo 6.8 oz / 201 mL that I usually use.  The K18 really soothed my scalp, and my hair felt extremely clean! I could tell by the feel of my hair that any residual products were stripped from it, as it felt very thick and full, even while wet.  The disappointing result was that it completely stripped the last bits of hair dye from my roots.  I didn't like the scent at all; it reminds me of a bathroom deodorizer.  And, it does linger.  Fortunately using the JVN helped mask most of the scent.

I had tried the K18 Hair Repair one other time, and wasn't impressed.  I think I may not have used enough that time.  This time, I ended up using nine pumps.  The next time I use it I will focus more on the ends of my hair.  After I waited the suggested time of four minutes after application, I have to say that it did detangle my hair as well as any wash-out conditioner (but not as well as my beloved Kiehl's Since 1851 Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak 8.4 oz/ 250 mL .

Here's a concern I have about the ingredients and if it's going to be a good product to continue using for my fine, dry, processed hair:  There are two types of drying alcohol in it- alcohol denat and isopropyl alcohol. Both are used as cleaning agents (hand sanitzer, etc.)

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 23-18-19 Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask - K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Sephora.png

The JVN Complete Blowout Styling Milk 3 oz / 90 mL  was great.  After applying it and letting my hair absorb it for a few minutes, I blew dry my hair with the Drybar Buttercup Blow-Dryer .  I used a paddle brush for all of my hair except for the front where I used a round brush. 

I already own the Drybar The Brush Crush Heated Straightening Brush and love it.  It smoothes my hair enough to let me style it with waves or curls if I want a sleeker look rather than just curling my hair after letting it airdry.

It didn't take long to dry my hair using one of the attachments.  I don't know how to use the cool shot to set my style, but I will look into that next time.  I just used the low heat setting and the fast speed setting.

My hair was looking extremely fluffy!  Usually it's pretty flat after washing my hair, so this was a very pleasant surprise!  I then curled it with my curling iron, and it seemed like the curls took more easily and lasted longer, as I didn't use hair spray on it right away and brushed the curls a few times, and they were still there.

I think it will be interesting to see what my hair does with a few consecutive uses of the K18 as recommended on the bottle.  It's really nice to have an option where I don't have to let a conditioner or mask sit on my hair for ten or so minutes after application, to just be able to wash and apply the leave-in conditioner.  I really like having my hair look so much fuller as I am in the process of losing hair (again.) 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
hair 1.jpg
My hair looks shiny and healthy!! 

@Ispend2much6  You have such lovely hair! 

@PrettyPaint  Why thank you!!

@Ispend2much6 ohhhh I see the fluff!! Looks great! 

@lmaster  Fluff is great, if in the right place. 😂

Very true!! @Ispend2much6 

Love reading your initial thoughts on these, @Ispend2much6!

Conversation Stats
Photos125
  • B9838C05-63AA-45CA-8327-D6E1B8BF2787.jpeg
  • F99EC02F-0B9F-494B-832C-E4250BE65042.jpeg
  • 87967830-D08E-48B1-BE3E-F5340513524A.gif
  • michelleshops_0-1669180846671.gif
  • 20221126_093855_mh1669482977981.jpg
  • mervyns open.gif
  • 20221126_135348.jpg
  • 20221126_094554_mh1669483006377.jpg
  • 20221126_095556_mh1669483028542.jpg
  • DE2D6652-8DE5-4457-8B02-E1C4D46D47DB.gif