Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Omg ❤️ New releases from KVD, Josie Maran, Atelier Cologne, IGK, Too Faced and Verb! (Thanks Sephora!)

You guys, Sephora sent me a bunch of new fall releases to try out and share! 😀

I've literally never been so excited to receive a package as this one!  I can't wait to try these all out tomorrow and update you guys with reviews 😍

IMG_3787.JPG

First up, IGK Pre-Party Spray.  This is described as a strobing glitter for your hair.   Umm, I had no idea such a thing even existed, but now that I do, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be wearing this all the time. #glitterismyfavoritecolor

Ok, next up, Verb Ghost Prep, which is a moisturizing and detangling heat protector. I LOVE the Verb Ghost oil, so I can't wait to give this a try!

Too Faced Perfect Peach Mattifying Loose powder: ok, we've got the cutest packaging award winner right here!  But it also looks super luxe...using this first thing tomorrow morning!  I feel like this is going to have a permanent place on my vanity.  It has a really nice peach & fig scent (much more subtle than the previous TF Peach line!). It actually reminds me a lot of the smell of Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey cologne.

IMG_3797.JPG

PERFUME TIME!  Atelier Cologne Cafe Tuberosa: I am a HUGE perfume junkie, so of course this was literally the first thing I went for. This. Scent. Is. Stunning. It opens with a burst of fresh ground coffee, but unlike a lot of coffee scents it's not cloyingingly sweet. Instead it has a soft cardamom spice, hint of cocoa, and middle notes of floral tuberose and Rose. I would never have imagined combining these scents, but it works, and it's stunning!  I feel like this will be amazing to spray on in the morning, since the smell of coffee alone wakes me up.

Ok, on to the Josie Maran Moonstone Drops. This is a magical do-it-all oil that works as a primer, moisturizer, or a highlighter. The oil feels very lightweight, and has a gorgeous pearlescence with pink undertones. There's also a slight lemongrass scent, which I really enjoy. Swatch time!

IMG_3793.JPG

dfd9c84d-9b6d-4297-a5bb-9006d099d3a8 

Last but not least, OMG KVD GLIMMER VEIL LIQUID LIPSTICKS!  Can you tell I'm excited about these? 😂  The KVD Everlasting Lipstick formula is one of my all time favorites, so add glitter and you've got my new favorite thing. I received the shades Rocker and Wizard

Holy. Cow. The shade Wizard speaks to me on a whole different level. It's a gorgeous greenish blue shimmer with purple undertones. It's the kind of color that's hard to describe but looks incredible in person!  Rocker is also gorgeous, a pinky red with yellow gold glitter. I am soooo excited to try wearing these tomorrow!

IMG_3781.JPG

0faf2056-1668-4db7-a1ba-b133f0ff748d

I cant wait to update this post with more of my thoughts on these products as I get to know them better!

Thank you so much Sephora for sending this to me, it's so incredible being a part of this beauty obsessed community! ❤️

Re: Omg ❤️ New releases from KVD, Josie Maran, Atelier Cologne, IGK, Too Faced and Verb! (Thanks Sephora!)

Thanks @Anewxa!

RE: Omg ❤️ New releases from KVD, Josie Maran, Atelier Cologne, IGK, Too Faced and Verb! (Thanks Sephora!)

Very nice of you to post what you got and your reviews! Thank you! I was debating whether or not get the too faced powder!💕

Re: Omg ❤️ New releases from KVD, Josie Maran, Atelier Cologne, IGK, Too Faced and Verb! (Thanks Sephora!)

More pics, more impressions...

Tom Ford Indian Rose with Thunderstruck and Josie Maran Moonstone Drops under foundationTom Ford Indian Rose with Thunderstruck and Josie Maran Moonstone Drops under foundation 

Josie Maran Moonstone Drops Round 2 Impressions:

Today I wore these under my foundation as a primer and unlike @blueviolet21 I found it worked better for me than mixing in with my foundation. This time it felt like the glow was coming through my skin. The other day it was just too sheer for much of anything. I also dabbed a little on my cheekbones to add a little more intense glow. It also seemed to hold up pretty well as you'll see in the photos below.

One little problem, though, and it may just be me. But I have had three instances of milia popping up since trying this stuff and that only happens when I use products that are too rich for my skin. Since this is really the only new thing I've changed on my face except for the powder (which was only worn once so far) I suspect it was the drops. So I guess I need to back off using it daily and only for special occasions, or maybe wear a separate primer under it. Just be aware of it, though.

KVD Shimmer Veil Thunderstruck Round 2 Impressions:

OK, remember yesterday I said I got a really pretty lip color by using this on top of Tom Ford Indian Rose? Well, here it is! I think I can conclude that this is a winner. At least for me, it shines — both literally and figuratively — as an awesome topper!

More pictures!

Marc Jacobs BlowMarc Jacobs BlowMarc Jacobs Blow with Shockful as topperMarc Jacobs Blow with Shockful as topper

KVD Glimmer Veil Shockful Round 2 Impressions:

I promised and I finally delivered! Blow is probably one of the darkest colors I own. Look how transformative Shockful was as a topper! I would definitely wear this more often than I would Shockful alone. The resulting mix is really vibrant and rich looking!

I also apologize if some of this doesn't sound as cohesive (correction - I meant coherent) as it should or if my pictures (especially the last two) look hopelessly dorky. I woke at 4:15 this morning and couldn't fall back asleep. So I'm running on about 4 hours of sleep and I'm wiped. Need a nap desperately!

These pictures were taken after only 4 hours of sleep? You look great @jozkid. Those Josie Maran Moonstone drops really do give you a glow. Often times these types of products just make me look shiny but you have a true "glow". I think these are going on my To Try list. 🙂 Thank you for tagging me. Shockful is something I would definitely use as a topper on some darker berries I have but don't wear that often.

You are too kind @NancieNano. I was just driving all over the place yesterday afternoon and going all the wrong ways because I was so wiped out. Not a good thing. I think if you'd seen me IRL my eyes would've looked a lot glassier! Lol!

I'm interested to see how one of the bluer toned glimmer veils might look on top of a berry. That has distinct possibilities! Good luck with the moonstone drops. They are very pretty and subtle

@jozkid,

Beautiful photos and Reviews!  Thank you. 

I hope that the milia issue won't repeat in cooler weather!  Or that it could be a coincidence!  We can certainly have different responses to makeup and fragrances than someone else does. Everything in the Gratis so far looks very good on you!  🙂

Thanks @tsavorite!  I'm hoping it was just exacerbated by the weather but I'm pretty sure it was the drops for me. I got the milia in places I don't normally get them. Not that it would happen to someone else. I just know for me if something's too rich that's what happens. You should have seen my face with the La Mer sample - not pretty. 

@jozkid,

Awww! That's too bad!  Only you know your own skin.  I was in denial for you! 

I want the Josie Maran Moonstone Drops to work for you!  But, if it doesn't, it doesn't.  

😞

Beautiful!  Thanks for the reviews and info!! @jozkid

Absolutely @sister13

@jozkid Those lip combinations look great on you! That’s too bad about the milia. I sometimes get milia under my eyes (like where you wear concealer), and it’s super frustrating because my undereyes are dry yet they freak out with products that are extremely rich. Anyhow, I’ll definitely keep that in mind regarding the drops.

Oh thanks @PrettyPaint. Yeah I'm a bit disappointed about the milia. But again it was very hot and humid here this past weekend and today so that might have contributed.  For whatever reason I get milia on my forehead, cheeks near my cheekbones, and around my chin. So it makes it a little easier to dislodge them because they're on something that has bone under it. I know. Don't scold me for removing them.  

@jozkid No judgement here. I would totally try to remove mine except for they are so close to the eye that it scares me!

That would keep me from picking too @PrettyPaint! Lol!

@jozkid Wowza!! You look fabulous in all these pics. I really like the shockful topper on the MJ lipstick you're wearing. It's a cool way to add dimension to any lip color. 🙂 

Thanks so much! I think you can get a lot of mileage out of them using them this way @trishavt

You are looking lovely today @jozkid! What gorgeous use you've made of the Glimmer Veils. Sorry about your skin though, that's no fun. It's interesting you liked the drops better as a primer. It wasn't that I didn't like them that way-- I liked them fine-- it's just that I would have other products I'd reach for over that one for that use. Mixing was interesting, it took me awhile to find the right ratio to where I was happy with the glow/coverage balance. Tbh I'm not sure my skin loves the drops either (the lemongrass and lavender are still an issue for me) but I do love the effects you can get out of them. 

I see what you're saying @blueviolet21. Yeah, I didn't mess around too much with proportions. I just kind of added a couple drops to the foundation and slapped it on! Hahaha! I just got a better "glow" by putting on a layer like a primer first. I'd rather use a different primer though generally speaking. Is the fragrance irritating your skin or do you just find it annoying?

Yeah it was kind of a pain to finagle the mix, though a pretty result @jozkid, not something I'd normally really do. I would say this product was a bit tricky for me on the whole, but it worked out ok in the end. I can't tell about the fragrance. It makes my skin feel hot and irritated when I apply it but the feeling subsides after a few minutes, and I've not yet broken out from it. It just makes me a bit nervous about long term use.

Congrats @jozkid You are wearing these lippies really well and in a very creative way. You are glowing lady!

Thanks @fatimamummy!

2 Replies
testing