Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Insiders
|

Omg โค๏ธ New releases from KVD, Josie Maran, Atelier Cologne, IGK, Too Faced and Verb! (Thanks Sephora!)

You guys, Sephora sent me a bunch of new fall releases to try out and share! ๐Ÿ˜€

I've literally never been so excited to receive a package as this one!  I can't wait to try these all out tomorrow and update you guys with reviews ๐Ÿ˜

IMG_3787.JPG

First up, IGK Pre-Party Spray.  This is described as a strobing glitter for your hair.   Umm, I had no idea such a thing even existed, but now that I do, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be wearing this all the time. #glitterismyfavoritecolor

Ok, next up, Verb Ghost Prep, which is a moisturizing and detangling heat protector. I LOVE the Verb Ghost oil, so I can't wait to give this a try!

Too Faced Perfect Peach Mattifying Loose powder: ok, we've got the cutest packaging award winner right here!  But it also looks super luxe...using this first thing tomorrow morning!  I feel like this is going to have a permanent place on my vanity.  It has a really nice peach & fig scent (much more subtle than the previous TF Peach line!). It actually reminds me a lot of the smell of Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey cologne.

IMG_3797.JPG

PERFUME TIME!  Atelier Cologne Cafe Tuberosa: I am a HUGE perfume junkie, so of course this was literally the first thing I went for. This. Scent. Is. Stunning. It opens with a burst of fresh ground coffee, but unlike a lot of coffee scents it's not cloyingingly sweet. Instead it has a soft cardamom spice, hint of cocoa, and middle notes of floral tuberose and Rose. I would never have imagined combining these scents, but it works, and it's stunning!  I feel like this will be amazing to spray on in the morning, since the smell of coffee alone wakes me up.

Ok, on to the Josie Maran Moonstone Drops. This is a magical do-it-all oil that works as a primer, moisturizer, or a highlighter. The oil feels very lightweight, and has a gorgeous pearlescence with pink undertones. There's also a slight lemongrass scent, which I really enjoy. Swatch time!

IMG_3793.JPG

dfd9c84d-9b6d-4297-a5bb-9006d099d3a8 

Last but not least, OMG KVD GLIMMER VEIL LIQUID LIPSTICKS!  Can you tell I'm excited about these? ๐Ÿ˜‚  The KVD Everlasting Lipstick formula is one of my all time favorites, so add glitter and you've got my new favorite thing. I received the shades Rocker and Wizard

Holy. Cow. The shade Wizard speaks to me on a whole different level. It's a gorgeous greenish blue shimmer with purple undertones. It's the kind of color that's hard to describe but looks incredible in person!  Rocker is also gorgeous, a pinky red with yellow gold glitter. I am soooo excited to try wearing these tomorrow!

IMG_3781.JPG

0faf2056-1668-4db7-a1ba-b133f0ff748d

I cant wait to update this post with more of my thoughts on these products as I get to know them better!

Thank you so much Sephora for sending this to me, it's so incredible being a part of this beauty obsessed community! โค๏ธ

Re: Omg โค๏ธ New releases from KVD, Josie Maran, Atelier Cologne, IGK, Too Faced and Verb! (Thanks Sephora!)

Congrats! But how did they choose you for this hun?

Re: Omg โค๏ธ New releases from KVD, Josie Maran, Atelier Cologne, IGK, Too Faced and Verb! (Thanks Sephora!)

We are so happy you love the VERB Ghost Prep! You should definitely try out the rest of the Ghost line!

My favorites from this amazing package are the KVD Glimmer Veils and Verb Ghost Prep. I have straight,long,frizzy dry hair and have hard time combing thru it even after using conditioner. With Ghost Prep my hair is less frizzy, easier to comb thru and most importantly it doesn't weight my hair down. Usually when I use "leave in" product my hair is very greasy after drying out but with this one it didn't happened so that's a big plus. I would definitely purchase these products myself. 

Glimmer Veils are fun, glittery liquid lipsticks, they have amazing pigmentation (at least the two I tried - Rockers, Televator) Yes, you have to reapply it after eating, drinking but I really didn't mind it was too pretty.

We love that you love the VERB Ghost Prep! For your long, straight hair, we recommend trying our Ghost Oil, as it restores hair from roots to ends, and uses essential nutrients to naturally smooth frizz.

@PaletteAddict99,   

I thought that you might be interested in this discussion and the Verb Ghost Oil for your long hair.

@VerbProducts Thank you for the recommendation I will definitely look it upโค๏ธ

After reading all these lovely reviews, I'm thinking I need to get a couple of the IGK pre party spray!!! Thanks everyone ๐Ÿ˜„ I wanna sparkle n shine and feel divine ๐Ÿ˜›

@sabrinas Do it, unicorn status is a big accomplishment. 

Final update:

Thank you again to Sephora and all of the brands for allowing me try these products.  I for sure have discovered some new treasures. ๐Ÿ™‚

I really wanted to try these out for some time for the most accurate review.

IGK Pre Party Glitter Spray-  This turned out to be my favorite product. This is more of like spraying fine sparkles in your hairs vs just glitter.  It lasts for several hrs and then disappears to who knows where. It is very difficult to capture the sparkles in a picture but oh well. The sparkles do look more prominent on straight hair vs curled hair. I will say this again, yes you need this. I will absolutely will be purchasing a full size, I've worn this several times already and will need to replenish soon.

Too Faced Perfect Peach Mattifying Loose powder - The scent was not offensive at all for me and does smell like peaches.  I have Tan/Olive skin and it works very well with a light amount of product over foundation, it does help to mattify my forehead which is my problem area. It also gives a slight blur to imperfections.  If I use too much then I look a bit burned.  Another trick (that I picked up from Mario Dedivanovic) was mixing it with another powder.  I mixed it with my Besame Brightening Violet powder, omg what a combo.  This is my new all over "Setting powder."

Josie Maran Moonstone Drops - A sheer wash of illumination. I have dry skin and love to apply 2/3 drops on my cheek bones and nose.  The texture does feel like a very thin film, the film texture does go away.  I prefer to use it underneath foundation and if I really want to blind someone it layers well with another highlighter on top.

KVD Glimmer Veil Liquid Lipsticks -  The glitter is real, the pigment is opaque.  They do last for about 5/6 hours with careful eating.  Touch ups are required, Satellite was a bitch patchy but workable to fill in and it does stain the lips quite a bit but it doesn't bother me.  What makes me so happy about Satellite is that it does NOT make my teeth look yellow.  This is a constant issue with a lot of blue lippies.  

Verb Ghost Prep - I applied this to my damp hair and let it air dry. then straighten. My hair did feel a bit smoother than it normally does and gave it an extra boost in calming the frizz as I also use Morrocan Oil on my hair as well.  My hair is really long, thick, dry and umanagable so it does take a lot more product to use vs someone with 1/3 of my hair.

Atelier cologne Cafe Tuberosa - (Posted earlier) unfortunately this did not work for me at all. From the bottle it smells like a professional, musky man in a expensive suit.  Which I do like, however I wore it today and no, It's not working with my body chemistry, I smelled like cigars, in a bad way. I think what I'll try to do is layer it with another fragrance and see what happens. (I am not good at describing scents, sorries. Also, I personally do like to wear men's fragrances so smelling like a man doesn't bother me.)

Here are some of my updated thoughts:

Verb Ghost Prep: I like this! It gives me a decent blow out and doesnโ€™t seem to weigh my hair down. I would say itโ€™s not quite as lightweight as what I typically use (Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil Primer Spray), but Iโ€™m still getting good results from it. I did not test it when I wore my hair natural as I don't use heat when I wear my hair naturally curly. (I suppose I could test the moisturizing/detangling aspects- may do that.)

IGK Pre Party Spray: This is an interesting product. I agree with what everyone has said so far already, in that it is really much more subtle than expected and that it really doesnโ€™t feel like hairspray once in your hair. The latter was a particular plus for meโ€”I often really dislike the stiff, crunchy feeling of hairspray and this had none of that. I could hardly feel it there. I think if someone purchased this expecting OMG intense glitter, they might be disappointed, since it is on the subtler side and requires effort to build up. Even after I had built it up a bit, no one seemed to notice it in my hairโ€”I had to point it out. I tried to take a picture but it didnโ€™t really translate. It does have a fruity perfume-y sort of scent that bothered me after I tried to build it up to look more intense, but didnโ€™t bother me if I just put on a little.

Josie Maran Moonstone Drops: The more I use these, the more I like them. I think that I am getting used to the fragrance as well. I just wanted to mention that I found one more use for themโ€”I layered them over top of similarly toned powder highlighters (Dior 002, MUFE Golden Pink). That gave me maybe my favorite outcome so far. 

Too Faced Peach Powder: I still like this. I have used this under my eyes pretty much constantly since I received it and sometimes through my t-zone. I would say the scent goes away (for me) after about 90 minutes. I like the peachiness under my eyes but not as much on the rest of my face, so I go lighter there.

KVD Glimmer Veils: Still loving Thunderstruck, still struggling to get Wizard to work.

Atelier Cologne Cafe Tubarosa: I like how unique this scent is. I have concluded that it wouldn't be an everyday scent for me, I'd have to be "in the mood" to wear it. I think you have to have confidence to wear it because it draws some very contradictory reactions from people who smell it. I agree with I think it was @MissPuff who said you should smell before you buy if you're interested.

Update: I got a picture of the IGK! (Kinda haha.) Sorry for the bad angle/lighting. At least the glitter is somewhat visible lol. Also, I had my mom and aunts over this weekend and let them play with everything from my box. Their runaway fave was Thunderstruck-- and they are not liquid lip people. It was fun to see the lip looks they came up with!

Glitter.JPG

Thanks @blueviolet21!  After this thread I think I might buy it, now that it's on the Canadian website.

It is a lot of fun to play with @veronika23, I even got my aunt to wear it! It's more refined than you might expect. 

@blueviolet21  nice! That makes it even better! ๐Ÿ™‚

Today I wore KVD Glimmer Veil in Rocker and Too Faced Mattifying Setting Powder.

I love the Glimmer Veil!! it's my favorite product from this gift box. It's super pigmented,the glitter is fine not at all gritty I really don't even feel it on lips. It dries down and stay put BUT only until you eat/drink. Then it dissapears but not evenly so it leaves stained parts on lips - quick reapply would fix  this issue. It's definitelly NOT low maintanance "one swipe for 8 hours" kind of lip product. But it's fun, sparkly, comfortable on and I love the colors I have.I wore Chanel Lip Liner in Peche under the glimmer veil.I wore Chanel Lip Liner in Peche under the glimmer veil.

Too Faced Sweet Peach Mattifying Setting Powder

First of all the packaging is adorable and practical. I love that you can close of the inside so the powder is not everywhere after you open it. I like how it performed, I like the color (it's not translucent , it has slight peachy color - very subtle thou, you really can't see it on the skin) but I really don't like the smell of this product. Thank god it dissapeared couple seconds after I put it on my face because if it would linger I wouldn't be able to use it. Overall it's a good powder I will use it but it isn't anything special.

Great packaging, closing lidGreat packaging, closing lid

Atlier Cologne Cafe Tuberosa

I tried again but it's just too heavy for me it actually gave me a headache (this happens to me a lot when I use products with heavier fragrances that I'm normaly used too) What I realized thou is the second /third time I tried it I couldn't smell the coffee anymore - the first time I smelled it, it was very prominent. 

@katkapivarci,

Rocker is really beautiful on you!  Rock Star!  ๐Ÿ™‚

RE: Re: Omg โค๏ธ New releases from KVD, Josie Maran, Atelier Cologne, IGK, Too Faced and Verb! (Thanks Sephora!)

Thank you๐Ÿ˜˜

Great reviews and the Glimmer Veil looks so amazing on you! โค๏ธ  @katkapivarci

@Tamara76 Thank you!! I really enjoy the glimmer veils - the Rocker became my go to lip product this last week โค๏ธ

A little Product Update from me, too, in separate posts because the site ate one long post that I did, reviewing all of these, and it broke my heart for several days! 

Josie Maran Argan Moonstone Drops, received gratis from Sephora:

I would buy this for the scent alone! I love the lemongrass and lavender scent from essential oils.  This 1.7 oz bottle is huge! I didn't get a pink tint from this as some people have reported. On me it was white moonstone, but when spread out and rubbed in, it disappears on my skin, except to look moist and smooth. So, on me, it is subtle, which is what I would prefer.  I only used it without blending it into other products, so far.

407 Replies
Photos45
  • IMG_3787.JPG
  • IMG_3793.JPG
  • IMG_3781.JPG
  • IMG_3797.JPG
  • dfd9c84d-9b6d-4297-a5bb-9006d099d3a8
  • 0faf2056-1668-4db7-a1ba-b133f0ff748d
  • Flatlay919v2.JPG
  • Thunderstruck(top), Wizard(bottom)
  • Thunderstruck(top), Wizard(bottom)
  • JMunblended.JPG