Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Learning our A, B, C's: The Sephora BIC Beauty Edition

Hey BIC, we're one week into the new year! Winter break is just about over for a lot of kids with many heading back to the classroom tomorrow (Monday) or soon, if they haven't already started back up. Thought I'd bring back a fun, favorite game from a few years ago with school picking back up. This will be a little lesson in Learning our  A, B, C's: The BIC Beauty Edition.
ABC - Sephora BIC Edition.jpg

WHAT ARE WE DOING?:
* Basically, we will be going through the alphabet with beauty products, with the applicable letter being either (1) the first letter in the brand's name or (2) the first letter of the product's name. 
     - For example, for A - A can be for amika Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask  (A = Amika) or A can be for Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray Jumbo 8.11 oz / 240 mL  (A = All Nigher Spray)
     - The next person will tag a product or brand that begins with B and then the next person will tag a product/brand that begins with C, then D, E, F, .... until we get to Z, and then we start over again! 

HOW TO PLAY:
* Look for the most recent comment to the original post
* Take your turn, by hitting "Reply" to original post and replying directly to that  main post (and not to the most recent comment)
* In your reply, be sure to:
    -- tag the product with the hashtag - #<<type name of product>>
    -- tag the person you are replying to with @ + the user name of the most recent comment
* When we get through the alphabet, we'll start over again with "A"
* There will be items repeated, but it would be great if we try to avoid repeating a product on the same page you're on.
* Optional: add a fun fact about the product you're tagging - what do you love about it, or if there was a reason you chose it (other than it being the next letter) - it's a favorite/holy grail product, it's a product you've been wanting to try, etc.

TO START:
* I will" reply" to the original / main post and tag a product or brand that begins with the letter A
* The next person will also "reply" to the original / main post but this person will tag a product or brand that begins with the letter B (also, remember to tag me - @itsfi)
* The next person will then also "reply" to the original / main post, but this person will tag a product or brand that begins with the letter C (and remember to tag the person who posted the letter B product / brand)
* We will continue in this way until we get to Z and then the next person will start back with the letter "A", with everyone replying to the original / main post.

FYI: Origins of this tag game
Spoiler
The original tag game was created by our amazing @AlexBT, who was gracious and enthusiastic when giving me the okay when I checked in with her about reviving this. Thank you for coming up with this fun and fabulous idea in the first place - it was a blast when you introduced it in 2020 (All Aboard the Tag Train: Play Along), and I'm hoping it will be so again this year. Would love to see you and others on @TeamBIC join in, along with the rest of the beauties on BIC. 
I will start off in a separate reply below – don’t forget to respond by replying to this main post instead of my reply. Here we go!
Tags:

Re: Learning our A, B, C's: The Sephora BIC Beauty Edition

Yes @lmaster, I picked up a sample of the Glow Recipe drops to see how it compares with others like Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi and INNBeauty. Would love to know which you prefer. 

I did buy them, have not tried em yet @itsfi what are your thoughts?

F is for Floral Street Wild Vanilla Orchid Eau De Parfum 1.7 oz / 50 mL eau de parfum spray @jaaayp 

Floral Street Vanilla Orchid.jpeg

Sweet, floral, creamy and earthy, though the earthiness is not of a dirt bent, but more of a mix of green and woody notes. This is one of the heavier scents in the Floral Street collection.

Up next, it’s G

My goodness this is a beeeautiful bottle @itsfi 👀

@jaaayptheir packaging is really pretty.

E is for Elemis Pro-Collagen Anti Aging Marine Cream 1.69 oz / 50 ml because im really trying not to pick this up either @danielledanielle @itsfi 🥸

Next up is Fffffffffrenchtoast 

@jaaayp, good E choice! My knee jerk reaction was to share that they have a sampler set that looks great… 😇 Those lactic acid pads have caught my eye, though I’m pretty devoted to the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads 28 ct / container

Elemis Collagen Health Starter Discovery Set 

I was eyeing that too @itsfi !!! But I saw they included the balm and we both probably have that GIGANTIC Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 😂😂😂 I did actually pick up the Elemis Pro-Collagen Brightening Eye Revive Mask with Hyaluronic Acid 0.5 oz / 15 ml and the Elemis Pro-Collagen Firming Retinol Alternative Renewal Serum 0.5 oz / 15 ml . I know they're known for the cream but these were 50% off and I just really wanted to try the line 🙂

Ooh I haven't tried those pads from first aid. I shall look into them.. hehe

D is for Dior Forever Glow Star Filter Multi-Use Complexion Enhancing Booster , which I am trying my d*mnest to resist @itsfi 

E is for...

I would love to get my hands on this too @danielledanielle ... all it'll take is me seeing your post oh the haul thread.... 🤭😂

Ummm....how do I put this @danielledanielle? Do you have to resist? Or, maybe, can you hold off until the spring sale?

I'm pretty content with the highlighters I have but when I saw these, my first thought was that it would help to make my Dior collection that much more complete. Hahaha! They're beautiful!

C is for Clarins Cryo-Flash Instant Lift Effect & Glow Boosting Face Mask 2.5 oz / 75 g - on the pricey side but worth the splurge. The cooling effect is nice and it does what it says - I was surprised but I did experience firming and brightening with just one use. A happy surprise! @jaaayp 

Up next, D

That sounds amazing @itsfi ! I love cooling effects, since my face runs hot, my pores are always kinda open (gross, I know, try not to imagine it) so finishing off my skincare or cold mask is always good for meeee!

Oh, your skin may love this @jaaayp, especially if it runs hot. The cooling feeling lasts even after the mask is removed. It's a real treat but worth the $$$ in my mind. Better if you can get it on sale, of course! 😉

Sounds great @itsfi

Thank you @Loretta55. It was a lovely surprise. I reach for it with some regularity but there's still a lot left. The cooling aspect should be spectacular in the warmer seasons.

@lmaster @itsfi 

B is for my new favorite hair oil BREAD BEAUTY SUPPLY Hair Oil Everyday Gloss 

It's smells freeeeaking amazing and so lightweight 😍

Next up is C 👀

Oh, a new favorite @jaaayp? Do you apply the oil to the length and ends of your hair or just the ends?

Length and the ends! Basically the whole hair other than the scalp @itsfi (I'm using the SEPHORA COLLECTION Purifying Scalp Serum AHA + Zinc 1.7 oz / 50 ml for my grease scalp vs dry hair). I'm replacing the Fable & Mane HoliRoots™ Pre-Wash Treatment Oil for Thinning Hair with the Bread. I like the holiroots for what it does for my hair but..... can't stand the smell 😂 I also use it on the ends when I have dry shampoo in (day 2 or 3.. sometimes 4) and it just refreshes my dry hair without weighing my fine/thin hair down!

is for Supergoop! All Day Glow SPF Set @itsfi next up is B

Can’t go wrong with SPF @lmaster.

641 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos10
  • ABC - Sephora BIC Edition.jpg
  • Gucci mist
  • 1000011384.jpg
  • IMG_3351.JPEG
  • IMG_3360.JPEG