Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

How do we get lucky enough to get items for incentived reviews??

I have always wondered!

Re: How do we get lucky enough to get items for incentived reviews??

To have the motivation to be active enough in the community or motivation to spend time on influenster you have to lack the funds to reach rouge every year. When you lack the money but whnt the beauty you will find it easier to do the work to get incentived to trick rouge suckers into buying more products instead of being the rouge sucker.

What does this even mean... @cplusplus 

I read it a few times and still confused. But, I think she may be saying us poors get incentivized for gratis if we lack the funds to buy it ourselves because we "lack the funds but want the beauty". But it seems that even if you have the funds and are rouge, you are a sucker, so I'm not sure we can win here in this worldview! 😅😅😅 @danielledanielle 

@sister13, OooooKKKKKKKK

giphy

I guess this is basically us 😂

Aptly portrayed, lol!  @danielledanielle  

Me too! @diannkaye 

I received a gratis package from Sephora about a year ago, and honestly, I would say that frequent engagement in both reviewing as well as the Beauty Insider Community forums is the best way to go. I believe I was VIB last year, and not Rouge, so I don't think it's associated with how much money you spend, although the more products you buy, the more you can provide reviews for!

I also write quite a bit in each of my reviews, since I want other shoppers to be as in-the-know as possible about the products that they're looking at. So I would say focus on quality of reviews, not just quantity. Also, if you can indicate interests in more niche products, Sephora/other makeup brands may be more likely to send you things relating to that niche; for example, I have reviewed many clean beauty products, so Sephora sent me a package full of clean beauty products to provide my opinion on. 

Ultimately, I love that Sephora prioritizes its frequent participants in the Beauty Insider Community by choosing them for gratis package opportunities, since I think it's a great avenue to get the honest opinions of beauty enthusiasts. I hope that you get chosen sooner or later to receive one! 

Great description @kristenyhan 

that sounds fantastic! And it also sounds like by engaging and reviewing it helped you really be in touch with each product! Congrats! Keep going your efforts help others in their own beauty and wellness journey!

So you can't apply for it, its just based off luck?

@MonicaHky, it's not about luck.  @kristenyhan gave a very nice description you should reread in regards to gratis.  Again, it's about how active you are in the community.

If you want to sign up for something, there's things like Bzzagent and influenster.

Is being active the same as spending money, @danielledanielle?

No @missaa8 , while you might spend to review products prior to gratis, they aren't linked.  It's being active all over the platform.  See Demystifying the Community Rank System for more info.

I think that posting reviews of sephora products on your platform can help to achieve this!

I agree and I also think giving an in depth scope of benefits and uses too kinda like try before you buy in review form!

@diannkaye You have to be picked and it's based on how active you are.

Thank you @SportyGirly125 

OHH great thanks for the response!

19 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 35 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos1
  • giphy
testing