Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@catetastic Thanks for posting about the Benefit lash primer. I don't think that I knew they had one, will def try it out.

the Sephora foot masks are really something ❤️

Avene moisturizer, maybellibne age rewind concealerAvene moisturizer, maybellibne age rewind concealer

I love honey cake soap, the too cool for school mask and the gold mask.I love honey cake soap, the too cool for school mask and the gold mask.

@heartsmyface How did you like the Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Pads? I got 3 samples from 3 different SAs and all of them said how awesome they are but I tried them and really didn't see any difference...

@katkapivarci I really like them!  I don't always have the ten minutes to use my favorite peel (ole henriksen lemon strip flash peel) so these work great for when I need at least something.  

@heartsmyface Sweet empties. You are good at holding onto the empties.

A little obsessive is more like it;) it's good cause I am getting through the crazy stash of samples Because of this thread.  I'm so glad my skin is so tough and can take all the product changes:) @darkiceis

Ahhhh, I can't seem to edit my post without deleting everything!  .  I hate the new BT!!!  So angry!  I need ice cream.  

July empties:IMG_3296.JPG

Loves:
MB Cucumber Green Tea facial spray - my skin loves this, will forever keep backups and never run out. Keeps my skin hydrated without being sticky or greasy and it smells amazing and refreshing. I keep a bottle in the fridge for scorching hot days. 

GlamGlow YouthCleanse - exfoliates just enough so my skin stays smooth without getting irritated. 

Meh:

Tony Moly Foot Magic Foot - my feet peeled like crazy with these for the most part. My most troubled areas weren't fazed too much though. Will try Baby Foot brand next!

Anatomicals Rose shower gel - to me these almost smells exactly like Roses de Chloe which I love, I loved the lather on this my only 'meh' thing about it was the bottle didn't last very long at all. 

Nope:

Smashbox Photofinish primer - so slippery, I don't feel like it helped fill in my pores any, and the scent to it is off putting. I love the Smashbox pore primer but this just didn't work for me. Will use up my samples but wouldn't purchase. 

Tarte Clean Slate primer - this was so thick, getting it to spread on my face was a nightmare! Nope! I have one more DS of this and I'm not even sure I can get myself to use it. 

@StephaniLynn I also love the GlamGlow and MB facial spray but I never thought to put it in the refrigerator. Great idea!! I do like the Smashbox primer and lately it's all I've been using. I actually just bought another backup which will be in my next haul pic. I will be posting my empties hopefully by tomorrow and you will see a ton of GlamGlow masks

@HookedOnBeauty2 I'm not sure if GG is discontinuing the cleansers all together or just revamping the packaging but I do love this one. I like the supercleanse with my clarisonic. 

I know it sounds weird putting skincare in the fridge but honestly it helps so much during our summers. 120+ degrees some days and all I want to do is hide inside lol!

A few empties from the last few months probably!

These are loves.  I have already or will repurchase.These are loves. I have already or will repurchase.Mostly ok, either would need more time/use to decide or just ok, nothing trrribly special.Mostly ok, either would need more time/use to decide or just ok, nothing trrribly special.

@sister13 I love the Shiseido eye masks!!

They are nice and relaxing, but i guess I don't notice a big change and just never seem to (a) remember to use, or (b) get too excited about eye masks. 😉😉😉

My June empties! Definitely a very lacking month - I didn't even come close to my goal or close to the numbers I've been getting the past few months, because I was in the process of moving this month (and I've just been using less products since it's summer!). Anyways, here's what I was able to get through.

Loves

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 12.11.20 PM.png

Spoiler
Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in Fair Neutral
Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation in 0.5
Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara
VitaBath Body Wash in Lavender Chamomile
BeautyBlender BlenderCleanser Solid

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 12.11.31 PM.png

Spoiler
Davines OI All in One Hair Milk
Davines NaturalTech Replumping Hair Filler Superactive
Philosophy Spiced Cinnamon Stick 3-in-1
Cane & Austin Miracle Pad +
Make Up For Ever Step 1 Hydrating Primer
Biolage Color Last Aqua Gel Conditioner
Drybar The Chaser Shine Cream
Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy
Becca Undereye Brightening Corrector
Sephora Collection Eyelash Curler for round eyes (?) (forget the exact name, bought it 2ish years ago and now destashing it)
MD Solar Sciences Daily Antiaging Moisturizer

Dislikes

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 12.11.41 PM.png

Spoiler
Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara
Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara
Milk Makeup Ubame Mascara - I guess I'm just too picky with mascaras! None of these tickled my fancy, at all. I'll stick to my Better Than Sex I guess!

June EmptiesRepurchases- Murad Hydro-dynamic Ultimate Moisture, Murad Invisiblur, Botanics Iconic Clay Mask, MAC Fix Plus, Benefi Pore fessional, Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation, Laura Mercier mascara, ABH Clear Brow GelRepurchases- Murad Hydro-dynamic Ultimate Moisture, Murad Invisiblur, Botanics Iconic Clay Mask, MAC Fix Plus, Benefi Pore fessional, Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation, Laura Mercier mascara, ABH Clear Brow Gel

Repurchases- Sake Brightening Hydrogel Eye Mask, Tony Moly Pureness 100 sheet mask, Tony Moly Seaweeds sheet MaskRepurchases- Sake Brightening Hydrogel Eye Mask, Tony Moly Pureness 100 sheet mask, Tony Moly Seaweeds sheet Mask

I would definitely repurchase- Tata Harper Honey Blossom MaskI would definitely repurchase- Tata Harper Honey Blossom Mask

I would repurchase all except the eye cream.- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (waterproof version), DDF Ultra-Lite Moisturizing Dew, Fig+Yarrow Complexion Water, Caudalie Premier Cru eye creamI would repurchase all except the eye cream.- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (waterproof version), DDF Ultra-Lite Moisturizing Dew, Fig+Yarrow Complexion Water, Caudalie Premier Cru eye cream

The boscia hydrogel eye masks work so well. I wish that boscia would make a package either more pairs. 

I def neeed to try the Tata Harper.

My June empties! Better late than never.  I had 36 empties and 8 de-stashes this month.  Not quite my target, but I'm happy with what I got through. I'm ordering way less this year and happy to be shrinking my supplies down. I'm hoping to keep using up samples before I order again in order to shrink my collection down to true loves.

LOVES

IMG_5473.JPG

Spoiler
- i never thought I'd love cotton, but I was wrong. I use a tip from BT and cut these in half. A bag lasts me about 6 months.
-the sol Janeiro body wash is way more than I think is ok to spend on body wash, but it does last and smells so amazing. I may or may not repurchase depending on how ballar I feel.  The body spray is on a to buy list because of this and the lotion.
- I think I'll forever buy the UD all nighter, but I am getting curious to if anything else out there strikes my fancy.
- st Tropez in shower tanner,. This is something at first I felt like was a waste.  But I started using it again this summer and fell in love.  I only really use it on my legs so it goes further than if I were to try my full body.  I like that it's a gradual tan so I don't get any odd patchiness or streaks and it looks natural.
- Latisse is a staple and I can't imagine my lashes without it.
- bumble &bumble hairdressers oil conditioner, I was away for two weeks and made use of the mini I got in a 500 point reward. Already have used several full size. Great smell, great hair!

IMG_5474.JPG

Spoiler
-the fresh mask sample was surprisingly nice but I've found a new love from herbivoire.
- NARS primer again nice, but ive used better, not as pore filling as a pore filling primer should be I think.
the Kate Somerville goat milk moisturizer was nice, I'll be thinking about this as a purchase. Nothing special, but a good, no scent, no spf moisturizer.
-the olay quench was okay, but I prefer the scent on the jergens.
-batiste is my favourite cheaper dry shampoo but the brunette version leaves résidu on my finger nails if I scratch my head.  I'll stick to the tropical from now on.
-the Korres eye cream was the first full size eye cream Ive ever used. It moisturized, sure but didn't help dark circles as claimed. Ive a ton of samples to use up before I contemplate a full size of anything but I'll move on from this on the quest for the best.

NOT FOR ME

IMG_5476.JPG

Spoiler
- the shoppers masque actually stung a little, and while good value as I got 4 uses from one packet... no visible results and no relaxing experience.
-the ole oil I used up on my elbows and feet. It did nothing but make my face feel oily.  Im not really into oils so that may be part of the reason I wasn't feeling this. 
- the skyn moisturizer was supposed to be cooling.  The menthol sure was cooling but was too strong for me. Would probably feel great on legs or arms innthe warm weather!
- I think this was an essence? Came with ipsy. My skincare routine isn't advanced enough for this yet. While it didn't hurt, I didn't see it do anything.

DESTASHED

IMG_5477.JPG

Spoiler
Body shop oils were nice when I was 15 but I'm long past 15, and so these oils are likely over 20 years old lol. Time to move em out for things I use.
elf foundation I thought would be a dupe for my Mac studio tech, nope. Greasy and oily.
the burts bees foot crème is sooooo greasy, i had to wear socks while using it and Im anti socks, so I'm moving on!

Bump!

Bump it up!

I've been working really hard to use up the stuff I have. I hadn't realized that every ime I went to get my hair done I ended up buying shampoo and conditioner and I have like 6 half used bottles cluttering my bathroom. 

C-Firm Drunk elephant: As you can see it is completely oxidized, the annoying part is that ever since I bought it back in November it was that exact color. They have reformulated and changed the manufacturing process so new batches are clear. Still I think customers who bought the first oxidized from the get go batch should get some kind of voucher.

Awapuhi shampoo and conditioner: Liked it especially the smell but I don't feel it did anything out of the ordinary for my hair.

Pantene Dry Shampoo: this is my HG formula it works so well, why does it have to smell like roach killer??? Pantene please change the perfume on this!!!!!

Kiehls conditioner: NOPE it left my hair a greasy mess, heavy, weird.

MUFE mascara: this was part of a rouge birthday present from last year I think? LOVE it already bought the full size!

Not in the picture a lip scrub from Lush that went stale (Another reason to keep going through my stash of unused stuff I hate throwing away gone bad beauty products)

IMG_1367.JPG

Mines probably gone off by now:0 ilol have to check in the morning! 

8,134 Replies
testing