Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I'm a little late to this month's empty party, but I'm happy with what I have been able to get through this July 🙂

IMG_20170805_1706097.jpg

Loves:

Spoiler
Lush - Eau roma toner water
fresh - Soy face cleansing milk
Bite Beauty - Cherry lip scrub mask
Urban Decay - Optical Illusion Complexion Primer

Spoiler
Ulta beauty - Eye makeup remover pads
Secret - clinical strength invisible solid deodorant
Lush - Sultana
MAC - False lashes extreme black mascara
Coola - Classic sunscreen SPF 50 with white tea
Philosophy - time in a bottle serum

Meh:

Spoiler
Belif - The true cream aqua bomb
Harvey Prince - Ageless eau de parfum
Unwash - Bio-cleansing conditioner
DevaCurl - Buildup Buster Serum
Peter Thomas Roth - Pumpkin Enzyme Mask
Glamglow - Volcasmic moisturizer
Ole Henriksen - Pure truth youth activating oil
Sunday Riley - Tidal Brightening Enzyme water cream
Ren - Evercalm Global protection day cream
Drunk elephant - T.L.C. Frmboos Glycolic Night Serum
Peter Thomas Roth - sponge
Peter Thomas Roth - 24K Gold Cleansing butter

Nope:

Spoiler
Supergoop - Setting mist SPF 50
The Ordinary - High-spreadability fluid primer
Peter Thomas Roth - Pink bombshell lip balm

@KellW What do you think about the Ordinary? I want to try some of their stuff because of the prices but honestly  I'm so overwhelmed with their products. I just bought their serum foundation and so far I like it.

@katkapivarci I'm not in love with either of their primers that I tried but I really like the argan oil (and for $8 it's even better), so I think there products are just hit or miss for me. I'm also interested in the new foundations, but thankfully I have time before I will feel like I need to pull the trigger on that particular purchase. Like @Mochapj said try looking at the Deciem brand thread to see how other people enjoy products. Hopefully there you will be able to find people who have similar concerns/skin to you.

June and July empties
Loves
IMG_4889[1].JPGLikes
IMG_4890[1].JPGJust ok
IMG_4892[2].JPG

The bubble mask was nice but I didn't realize until I opened it that it would only cover half my face,I would have liked it if it was a full mask.

Dislike

IMG_4893[1].JPG

I tried this mascara since a lot of people seem to like it but it just wasn't for me,I found it clumpy and didn't like the formula.

@Seymore3 I'm trying  the blue Glamglow mask right now and I love the consistency and smell. Feels really good And my skin feels super moisturized. 👍🏻

Awww, too bad it's only half a mask.  Bubble masks are fun!  I'' not sure what the bubbles are supposed to do other than make me happy:) @Seymore3

I use a mix of Japanese brands too 🙂

Jo Malone Wild Bluebell - on my 3rd bottle now

ABH in Ebony

Heroine Make Black Eyeliner - too many repurchases to keep track

Bite Beauty Sweet Cream

Dolly Wink Volume Mascara - also too many repurchases to keep track

UD E/S Suspect (I hope it's not discontinued... Shoppers and Sephora don't have it in their display, but at least the Sephora website has it) - on my 3rd one

Orbis SPF - on my 4th one

MUFE HD Concealer 

KATE lipstick

Isn't it so satisfying to finish up a product?!

empties July 2017.jpg

You used up an eyeshadow!!!!   That's worth a party!!!@mmmiu

I can never save empties so can't post a photo...I'm too OCD to have packaging kicking around, but here are my recent empties:

CeraVe Moisturizing Cream - My go-to body lotion, already opened another tub. Do wish this came in a pump format and not a tub though.

Herbivore Blue Tansy Mask - FINALLY finished this jar of mask which has lasted me exactly 1 year. Second jar already open!

LORAC mini eyeshadow primer - this came with one of the LORAC palettes, and I've still got 3 more tubes. 1 mini tube lasted me about a year (though I don't wear shadows daily). Really like this, I do experience some creasing with certain shadows but nothing a quick pat down can't fix.

Smashbox Hydrating Under Eye Primer mini - love this stuff, looking forward to opening my full sized tube. I use this to prep under eye area for concealer. Makes me feel less bad about being too lazy to use eye cream. The mini from a 250 pt perk has lasted me over a year I think!

I can't save my empties either - I live in such a small space that it drives me nuts! That's why I keep a little note on my computer with what I've finished. It makes me feel oddly accomplished.

July empties - it was a busy month! If you have any questions, please ask!IMG_5476.JPG

+'s!

Spoiler
Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator - repurchased
The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% - repurchased
Odacite Jo+L - repurchased
Youth to the People Cleanser + Cream set - will likely repurchase
Kate Somerville Exfolikate Acne - love but has been D/C
Farmacy Eye Dew - repurchased
DDG Ferulic Acid + Retinol - love and will likely repurchase
Dermadoctor Intensive Vitamin C Peel Pad - will purchase once I've used some acids up
Bliss Soapy Suds Vanilla Bergamot

Plus a few travel empties not pictured:
Clinique TTDO Balm
FAB Facial Radiance Pads
REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Mask
May Lindstrom Jasmine Garden
DeMamiel Summer oil

~'s 

Spoiler
MUFE Mist Fix
Josh Rosebrook Cacao Antioxidant Mask - smelled gross, hard to spread, didn't do much for my skin
Briogeo Scalp Revival
Odacite Gt+L
Uma Deeply Clarifying - works fine but would not repurchase. It's extremely overpriced for what it is ($173CDN) and at that pricepoint I expect a light-safe bottle. 
Shiseido Cotton 
May Lindstrom Honey Mud - I don't like the film this leaves
Briogeo Don't Despair Repair Mask
Odacite A Winter in Paris - also works fine, but I prefer Summer in Hossegor
Odacite An Autumn on the World - also works fine, but I prefer Summer in Hossegor
Rahua Treatment Mask
Body Shop Chocolicious Body Butter

-'s 

Spoiler
Tata Harper Honey Blossom Mask - this literally did nothing for me and was harder to multi-mask with than the original. 
COR Silver Soap - gimmick
Farmacy Lip Bloom Ginger - tasted bad
Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer - did not prevent oily lid creases

@Mochapj Shiseido cotton is the best🙌🏻  What do you think about The Ordinary? 

RE: Re: Empties

@katkapivarciI think they make some good products and some meh products. I've posted mini reviews of all the ones I've tried over here - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Brand-Loyal/THE-DECIEM-THREAD/m-p/2729996

As for this particular product - it did work well and I have repurchased although it has a weird foamy texture.

@Mochapj  Is it the ginger flavour you don't like or does it have a plasticy flavour? 

@heartsmyface It's the ginger flavour; something about it always tasted a bit burnt and reminded me of cigarettes 

@Mochapj What Bout the lip bloom that you didn't like?

RE: Re: Empties

@darkiceis it was mostly the flavour of it I didn't like but the texture was also a bit too thick and Vaseline-ish for my tastes.

IMG_0274.JPGLoves

Spoiler
Sephora Almond Foot Mask
Sephora Avocado Hand Mask
Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Waterproof Mascara

Spoiler
Shea Moisture Argan/Almond Milk Hair Mask- this helped my frizz but I still prefer my Macadamia Professional mask
Lush Fairly Traded Honey Shampoo- I wish this smelled like honey, instead it's floral. It was ok I just prefer other shampoos.
Josie Maran Surreal Skin Argan Finishing Balm-this was good for my dry skin, but it didn't mix well with my Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizer so I could only use it sometimes.
Sol Janeiro Acai Body Cream- this has a really clean scent and if you look really close, there's little shimmers. It's not the most moisturizing but I would consider buying it.
Cake Milk Made Handcream- Smells good but is a bit greasy.

Nopes

Spoiler
The Body Shop Shea Scrub- not exfoliating enough
Korres Rose Body Butter - didn't like the scent
Grande Lips Plumper-This wasn't terrible I just have no use for it. On the product page it says to use it twice a day for 30 days for results. I did this and can tell you day 30 is no different than day 2. In other words, it works when it's on your lips and that's it. If you put in on before bed you won't wake up to plumper lips.

@suzyo Yes to Sephora foot masks! One of their best products that they have come out with.

Oh really?  Onto my list! 

Sooo I got a little bit behind, so these are all empties/destashes from May, June, and July.

MayJuneJuly.JPG

Loves

Spoiler

Benefit They’re Real! Lash Primer -- I don’t normally like lash primers -- I kind of feel like the mascara should be good enough on it’s own. But I LOVE this one -- I don’t use it as a primer, tho, but as a standalone brown mascara. It doesn’t clump at all, which makes my lashes look so full and feathery, and it’s a great light brown that I like to use when I don’t wear a full face of makeup. WR always. (That said, I hated the They’re Real! Mascara -- how does that happen??)

It Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil -- This isn’t really so much of an “empty” as a “the pencil fell out into my sink and down the drain.” I’m hoping that was a fluke because it really is a universal shade; it’s hard as a redhead to find brow color that isn’t too red or too dark brown. This was perfect. WP.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Gifted Mascara -- I love this mascara so much. Never clumps, fans out my lashes and makes them look fuller. The only problem is because the formula is on the drier side, I think the full size dried out faster than I would have liked. WRP but probably in the travel size.

Tarte Tartist Lash Paint -- Another mascara I love by Tarte -- they really make some good mascaras! Wetter formula than the Gifted but makes my lashes bolder. WRP.

La Roche-Posay Miscellar Water -- I absolutely love this. I don’t use face wash in the morning because I don’t want to overdry my skin, so I love to use this instead. It’s the only miscellar water I have used that hasn’t left my face feeling greasy. Already purchased.

H2O+ Ultra Hydrating Cream - Sunk into my skin so fast and kept from skin from getting as oily as usual during the day. Already purchased.

Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo -- One of my favorites; good smell, good spray pressure, and a little goes a long way. WRP.

Sephora Almond Foot Mask -- I love and and all foot masks. WRP.

Skyn Inceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels -- I saw an immediate difference in my undereye circles and puffyness, and the cooling part was very refreshing. Would definitely purchase.

Bausch and Lomb Soothe Eyedrops -- I love these eyedrops, they don’t sting my eyes like others, and they are super hydrating. WRP.

Spoiler

Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt -- I really liked how this exfoliated my hairline, which tends to get flaky. It overdried my hair a bit, but I would just use a hair mask after.

Shiseido Ultimune Concentrate -- This goes on so smooth you don’t need to use much, so the deluxe sample lasted me for about a month. I didn’t notice much of a difference in my skin except that it was super soft. This also smelled really good. I’m not sure I would purchase it, as it is expensive for the minimal results that I had, but I would use it again if I ended up with another mini.

Coola Classic Sunscreen Cucumber Moisturizer -- I loved the smell, and it didn’t make my face too oily. I would consider repurchasing.

Joico K-Pak Color Therapy -- Used this as my weekly hair mask, and it made my hair super soft. Don’t know if I would purchase it, but I would definitely use it again.

FAB Facial Radiance Polish -- I liked this -- it wasn’t too harsh and my skin felt soft after. Would consider repurchasing.

Milk Makeup Sunshine Skin Tint -- I liked it, but I’d like to try it more than one time before I know how I feel.

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Concealer -- I loved the coverage, and it didn’t feel to heavy on my skin.

Meh

Spoiler

LOC Vibrant Matte Lipstick -- I don’t really know where to put this; the formula seemed nice and like it would stay put for a while, but the color was terrible on me and I had to leave the house so I don’t know it’s actual staying power. I’d try a different shade, tho.

Got2b Rockin’ It Dry Shampoo - It did an okay job, but the scent was overpowering and it came out so fast I thought it would shoot a hole thru my head. WNR.

Trilogy CoQ10 Booster Oil -- I liked how well it sunk into my skin, but I didn’t notice much of a difference after about a month of use. I also think it might have been the cause of some skin congestion on my chin and forehead. WNP.

Primary Raw DoYou 2Step Face Therapy -- I actually really noticed a difference in the brightness and texture of my skin immediately. Unfortunately, I just really don’t like sheet masks. I recommend it for others who do, but won’t use it again.

No

Spoiler

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker -- I’ve been wanting to try this for ages but I should have just left it alone. The formula is thin, so when you squeeze the tube it goes everywhere. The tingling sensation isn’t painful (for me) like the Too Faced Lip Injection, which is good, but also...nothing happened. It’s not a good enough lip product to keep around as a general lip gloss, so I’m tossing it.

MATRIX Total Results Miracle Creator Multi-Tasking Treatment -- I didn’t notice and miracles or total results. WNP.

StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream -- I didn’t notice any difference, but also I’m not sure it’s a product I need quite yet.

Phyto Phytokeratine Ultra-repairing Mask - This did nothing to moisturize my hair, left it drier than regular conditioner. WNP.

Andalou Naturals Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk -- It smelled really great, but it didn’t clean my face at all, with or without makeup. WNP.

Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray -- Didn’t do anything. WNP.

Alba Botanica Fast Fix for Puffy Eyes -- Made my eyes puffier? WNR.

Bobby Brown Eye Opening Mascara -- I did not like this, but it may be because the sample brush doesn’t get all the way into the mascara, so it only gets on the tip making it impossible to apply. WNP.

Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Cream -- This didn’t do anything for my circles, and I didn’t care for the weird chunky texture. WNP.

Curl Keeper Total Control from Frizzy Hair -- Made my curls crunchy and heavy. WNP.

Tocca Florence -- The gardenia smell was too strong for me. WNP.

Grande Lips Hydrating Lip Plumper -- Didn’t see any difference. WNP.

e.l.f. Lip Plumper and Primer -- The plumper didn’t make any difference. Hated the chalky texture and weird color of the primer. WNR.

Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick -- No color, tastes like wax. WNR.

Sephora Gel Brow Builder in Rich Chestnut -- Maybe I just chose the wrong shade, but I’m into the Groucho Marx look. WNR.

Urban Dollkiss Vita Opening Stick -- Eye stick; felt like putting chapstick on my face. WNR.

Sephora Colorful Cheek Ink Gel in Plumeria -- Didn’t show up at all on my skin and I’m a pal redhead. WNR.

Au naturale creme blusher in Grapefruit -- Also didn’t show up on my skin. WNP.

8,134 Replies
testing