Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Thanks, I'm learning a lot already (ie, just suck it up and buy the 32oz bottle of Zoya remover, you'll use it in a year), and I've already cut back on the number of bath products, believe it or not. I had to move all of that to my home. Ugh.

I am in a weird transition phase moving in 2 weeks to a new apartment where I'm staying for 4.5 months before moving in with my boyfriend, so I'm trying really hard to use up what I have and not buy new things that will just get carted place to place... This motivates me! My big goal: I must get rid of all the shampoo and conditioners and body wash and exfoliants and so on I have used half of over all the years and then just invest in the good stuff Smiley Happy

Holy smokes! Empties galore -- keep it up, gal! Smiley Happy

I seriously need to start holding empties, even if just for a month and then tossing them out! I really feel great using the products and then seeing a couple stacked up! 

@wendyomgwar- it is CRAZY satisfying to see that I can fill up a shoebox worth of empty products every month! It also makes me feel slightly better about my buying habits... hah.

Highlighted

I think I just tend to jump from product to product and never use anything up and then they expire :< so doing these empties post helps me make sure that I definitely do use up stuff!

It's ok I think we're all guilty of that Smiley Wink

That's awesome starletta!! Can't wait to see it at the end of the year!

Oh my you guys!!! I have no clue what I've gone through this month!  i normally throw my empties out as I empty them.  This looks like such a fun thread though.  Perhaps I'll get a separate bin so I can keep track of what I use. Smiley Happy 

Can't wait to see your July empties Smiley Happy

You should definitely join us! I stick a bag or box in my bathroom in a cabinet and toss things in there as I finish them Smiley Happy It's very satisfying to see what you use up each month, especially when you have a mountain of things waiting to be used!

Hehe!  I have a couple things already.  

I started collecting empties about two months ago, because seeing what people actually think of the products is more helpful than just seeing the haul.  Now, that I think about it, this is my second favorite thread bumping hauls to third.  The mini reviews are the best part.

It is hard to remember to place them in a bag under the sink at first when your OCD is telling you to toss it.  I threw a couple of things away before I remembered I needed to save them.  Of course, once they're in the garbage, they stay in the garbage!  No reviewing that item.

I started doing this in April of 2013! After a while it becomes a fun habit Smiley Happy

Maybe I will join too...I've yet to run out of anything.  I'll have to hide the empties from my husband...he is a simplest and doesn't like clutter.  I used to collect clothing tags (and bags) in a box and he thought I was crazy so I threw them out.  He would think I was completely insane if he saw a bag of saved bottles haha ;-)

My husband laughed at me the first time he found my bag under the sink too, but he barely goes under there.  I think it is like an outta sight out of mind thing for him, because he has not mentioned it since. 

Haha, yeah I think I might try hiding my stash of empties As well,  I've already had to explain a lot of weird habits.  Taking pictures of my makeup, wandering around looking for the right lighting ( hey! He promised me a camera a white back!!!)  this is gonna top the cake! 

Yup.  They just do not understand.  

That's okay, because I do not understand everything he does either. 

Mines gonna think I'm nuts saving my trash.  

Clutter drives me insane, so I keep my empties bag hidden. Even though I hate seeing a pile of beauty junk collecting, there's something so oddly satisfying knowing that I used up all that stuff. I kind of justify a big splurge knowing I've used up so many products.

Oh good point.   Something to rationalize!! 

This is one of my favorite threads for sure. I had a hard time not tossing stuff out but now that I've been doing it for six months it feels like a habit. I actually use that old Sephora gift bag, the striped one with the lips for my empties.

I use that one as well. works perfectly!

I'm here to report two good empties and one bad.

First- My  bottle of BM Purely nourishing moisturizer I bought 8/26 is finally no more. I may pry it open to see if there are any dregs in the pump but I'm two days into the new bottle (with a replacement for THAT waiting in the wings too). So, on infinite repurchase.

My second jar of BM Blemish therapy is on the dust too. The question is steal the already open jar from my husband and see if he notices or open up the new one I bought during the 150pt promos. Choices!

Finally, the bad. My Flowerbomb rollerball I bought 8/4 hit the floor. I think I'm still in shock. I feel like I hardly got to know it since it was still waaaay full and we're only starting to dip into below 80F weather here to experience the full profile. It is still one of my favorite patchoulis. I have small vials of Bulletproof, la Vie la Mort, and then atomizers of See by Chloe and Midnight Fleur, maybe I can make it til the spring sale or the double points? I should have made a cozy for the thing...

That is tragic.

It would not hurt taking your sob story to a friendly Sephora employee or mod and maybe they could replace it for you..

It's worth a try.

Sorry for the loss.

May your floors smell lovely for the rest of the year.

1 Reply