Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

You know I love BiFacial, but I am impressed you finished three so quickly. It takes me a long time to finish one.

To be fair, I empty whatever eye makeup remover I'm using into one of those plastic containers with a pump that they have in stores. I can't find the Sephora one that I use, but the bottle looks like this.

http://www.sephora.com/make-up-remover-water-with-soothing-cornflower-P398061?skuId=1727437

That is smart. As much as I love the product, I am not a fan of the bottle (sample or full-sized).

It has an insane safety lock on it. I've had an easier time getting into medicine bottles.

January Empties

Would definitely repurchase:

(Especially fond of Philosophy's have a cherry Christmas - obsessed with the scent - and B&B Invisible Oil line which I would use constantly if it weren't so darn expensive for the size)

Liked/Neutral:

The large tub was a lemon cookie sugar scrub from my former favorite scrub seller who has apparently disappeared completely. This scent wasn't the best but some of the others were so good!

Nope!:

The up & up had similar ingredients to a different one I really like, but this just smelled awful!  The grapefruit detox shampoo/conditioner did nothing for me.

Lush definitely has better ingredients, but I'm a sucker for an excellent fragrance.  Have a Cherry Christmas just makes me smile every time I open the bottle, so I think I'll keep buying it.  My ultimate favorite though is the Lush Rose Jam.

Any recommendations for Carol's Daughter?  I loved the Black Vanilla line!

The first half of this vacation was Disney; we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and I figured I should try the products in these adorable bottles!!

We had a blast at the pool on Christmas Day!  It was 87 and humid out; not the Christmas we expected.  

We're actually going back in March and trying out Coronado Springs.  I hope it's good!

I want to go back so bad!! 

Coronado Springs is amazing. My husband and I went there in 2014 after we got engaged and everything was amazing. Make sure to try the churros in the food court! 

Finishing my It's a 10 I literally cut open the bottles so I could scrape out every drop. 

After I took this picture I cut the B&B conditioner and scraped out the rest Smiley Very Happy When you pay so much, how can you not?

Exactly lol especially when you love it. 

Looks like some great empties.  I think I'm due to receive that shampoo from Birchbox in my next box.  Bummed to hear it is a dud.

Hopefully it works for you!  The shampoo was better for me than the conditioner; I just felt like I had to use too much of it for it to be worth buying.

The Perfect Hair Day dry shampoo Smiley Happy 

OK, some of the highlights:

• The Nordstrom bag is full of sample packets- a few inches deep
  • 27 body wash/bath products of 4oz or more, 5 samples/travel size (however, I've been making an effort here)
  • 20oz of nail polish remover (and I've almost kicked 8oz bottle #3)
  • 1 bottle of brush cleaner
  • 10 packets of makeup removing wipes
  • 7 sleeves of exfoliating cotton rounds (more to come soon)
  • 2 packages of Shiseido facial cotton (and #3 soon to be finished)
  • 1 bottle of top coat (2 more pending), 1 bottle of base coat (another pending)
  • 1 full-sized primer (that took forever)
  • 1 tube of self-tanner
  • 1 tube of lotion
  • 3 bottles of perfume
  • 1 eye cream (#2 is literally on its last legs)
  • 3 foundations
  • 4 pressed powder (multiple were on their last legs for awhile)
  • 14 lip balms, 1 lip gloss, 1 lip primer
  • 4 full-sized concealers
  • 2 eyeliners
  • pile of mascara- probably 50% of that is stuff that simply got too old.

Wow, I'm so interested to see the end of the year post! Smiley Very Happy I hope I can keep all my empties for this month, I'm curious to see!

I have a number of products that I'm babying to last until the 12th (ie my eye cream- I've been only using it at night and the Origins cream during the day), and I can see glass on my night cream. I also refilled some bottles, etc.

@starletta8,

That is very impressive Smiley Happy  You're definitely keeping in line with your goal.

I however would freak out with that much trash in the house. I totally understand what you're attempting to do but I'd never be able to join in. I don't think I'd be able to sleep. (I have serious OCD issues). Just imagining those ripped open foil sample packets is disturbing.

LOL, that's why it lives neatly stacked in a shopping bag- which has a spot in the organized closet.

I don't plan on doing this in 2014, but I really wanted to get my hands around what I can use, and what I throw away (ahem mascara).

Great point with the mascara. I have many formulas that I really like and I used to always have several tubes open at once. Then I realized how foolish that was since it's an absolute safety must to ditch them by the 3 month point.

I feel the same way about wand style lip glosses too. I once had at least 20 shades of NARS going at once but it just seems nasty to keep them too long and none ever got used even half way.

Lots of things are fun to collect but mascara and lipgloss (anything where you re-dip the applicator) just NO.

Highlighted

This amazes me. Great post!

2 Replies