Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

50 empties a month... wow what a great goal!  I like the idea of setting a number, but 50 is too many for me, I'm thinking 15 is a realistic goal for the first few months.  I love the BTS mascara too, and recently re discovered the OH power peel-- note-- don't put the peel on and fall asleep on the couch (I have super dry skin this week lol)!

Thanks! I thought 50 a month would be reasonable because that's about how many I was getting each month towards the end of last year. Since I count foils into it, it doesn't seem like as high of a number...if it was all DS or full size products, 50 would be a crazy goal! 15 is definitely a great number to finish a month, products add up quickly!

Falling asleep in a PowerPeel sounds painful - I can't believe your skin made it through! I'm sure it was smooth afterwards - definitely dry too though! It's a great product, but not one to overuse!

I feel like I'm constantly switching up what I'm using, especially with skin care, so I never finish things lol.  I'm going to go through my empties bag tomorrow ( I'm anticipating about 8 items lol).  I think I'm going to grab a few samples at the same time to set out on my bathroom counter.  If I can hit 15 in Feb, I'll go for 20 in Mar.

i actually sat in the OH peel for around an hour and a half!  My skin did clear up nicely, but I've never been so dry in my life! 

That is awesome that you are setting a goal for yourself to hit every month. Even though you didn't hit it at least you used up products that always feels good.

Thank you! It does feel great to use up samples that are just sitting around. I was getting around 40 a month each month at the end of last year, so I figured I could try to step it up a little this year! As long as I'm using up product, I consider it a win!

Exactly.  Plus even if you don't get quite there it keeps the notion of using things up in your mind.  I will admit I went on such a kick of using foils in 2016 for travel that I honestly don't have that many left in my collection.

Another decent month! Got through 42 empties in April...a little short once again of my goal of 50 empties a month. My YTD total now is 156 so I'm feeling very satisfied either way!

Loves

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 4.21.14 PM.png

Spoiler
Sachajuan Scalp Shampoo - good for oily hair, my scalp felt really clean after using
Bumble & Bumble Surf Foam Spray Blow Dry - so great for volume. This is one of the only products I've found that helps me actually get "beachy waves." Bought a full size bottle already
Tarte Brighter Days Highlighting Moisturizer - I'm obsessed with illuminating moisturizers, this one is awesome and is my favorite that I've tried. Really gives a good base glow - it's not subtle, which I love, but isn't for everyone. I also thought it was really moisturizing
Bliss Fabulous Makeup Melt - really liked the gel to oil consistency, great for a first step face wash - really gets almost everything off
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner - a staple for me
Glamglow Glow Starter - really liked this illuminating moisturizer too! Slightly more subtle than the Tarte one. I thought it was slightly less moisturizing than the Tarte as well - I still would consider buying this in the future (although I'm not crazy about the price point lol)
Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara - another staple for me
Dionis Hand creams in Vanilla Bean and Ocean Breeze - staple hand creams. I loved the Vanilla Bean scent, and the Ocean Breeze was nice too.

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 4.21.28 PM.png

Spoiler
It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product
Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturizer
EOS Delicate Petals body lotion
Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo
Urban Decay Perversion mascara
Ole Henriksen The Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths wipes
Philosophy 3-in-1s in Mint Mojito Cupcake and Blue Hawaiian
Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist
Glamglow DreamDuo
Ralph Lauren Midnight Romance
2x Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
Caolion Blackhead Steam Pore Pack
Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
IPKN New York Radiant Primer
Ole Henriksen Truth Facial Water
The Art of Shaving Shaving Cream
Oribe Apres Beach Wave & Shine Spray
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day dry shampoo
Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish
Bumble & Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Pre-Shampoo Masque
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Night Cap Overnight Perfector
Cane & Austin Miracle Pad
L'Occitane Amande body lotion
Lancome Renergie Lift Multi-Action
Too Faced Hangover RX primer
Philosophy Purity Made Simple facial cleanser
Ole Henriksen Truth Sugar Glow mask
Ole Henriksen Rub N Buff Salt Scrub
Smashbox Photo Finish primer

Dislikes

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 4.21.38 PM.png

Spoiler
Alterna Bamboo Style Mango Coconut dry shampoo - made my hair feel and look greasier than before. The scent is also REALLY strong - it's a nice scent at first, but it was SO strong that it became cloying and headache-y
Clinique High Impact mascara - did nothing for me - saw almost no difference even with multiple coats

This is so satisfying to see so many empties @maddieb25. And it is a great motivation for me to work my way through my stash of foils and DS. I've limited myself to one small storage bin worth of samples but now it's full so time to start using them 😅

Yes!! You can do it! Smiley Very Happy Samples accumulate so fast, using them up finally is SO rewarding!

Lol... I just read that we both had almost the exact same comments!  Great minds!

Seeing your empties and other posts like it are really motivating for me to use up what I already have, especially in foils and DS! I'm trying to really bring down the stash I have to what I really love in full size and using up the samples is really helping me find what those loves really are!

Sorry the High Impact mascara didn't work for you. It's one of my favorites.

If I was still young, I'd like the Tarte Highlighting Moisturizer. I tested a little bit on the back of my hand at a store and was like "wow that glittery!" 

I'm not subtle when it comes to highlighters, so the Tarte is right up my alley! I saw a lot of negative reviews when it came out and was hesitant to try. I'm glad I got a sample. I just love a really shiny, glowy base underneath my foundation - but I understand that's not something that most people go for!

I've only used up:

• Glamglow Mud Mask (black). Might try the white jar this time, but am also thinking the Boscia Black Mask. What are your thoughts?
  • Almost done with deluxe sample of Caudalie Cleansing Water and DEFINITELY repurchasing, but waiting for the 12th Smiley Wink 
  • Inglot YSM foundation. Really liked it, but think their foundation shades are just a tad too pink for me, so probably won't repurchase.

I love the Boscia Black Mask- there is something about peeling the mask off that is so satisfying. And my skin feels amazing afterwards. HOWEVER, I did get a small foil sample of the Glamglow Mud Mask (white) in the VIB Skincare IQ bag earlier this month and it is just awesome!!! It barely covered my face and I think before I spend $70 on it, I am going to ask for a sample just to make sure. And then if I still love it, 4X points here I come!!!

I think I would enjoy the peel too Smiley Tongue I have sampled the white one as well, but also didn't use enough to really know if it worked or not, I just really love the smell! I washed out the jar and added some of my cheap Trader Joes moisturizer to the jar bcuz the pump broke and now the moisturizer smells like the mask, so good!

@Kiki1517 you should check out this thread, a lot of people have compared mask and shared experiences on different mask and those three are in there if you look through the thread.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Stories/Masks-Masks-Everywhere-Share-Your-Experiences-Here/...

I've used all 3 of the mask, and a like both GlamGlow but for each different reasons, The Boscia Black mask hurt so much Smiley Sad

Thanks, I will look at this thread Smiley Happy

I got an in-store sample of Glamglow and I know people rave about it but honestly it hasn't been doing much for my black heads :< I love Caudalie though Smiley Very Happy

Glamglow didn't seem to do anything about my blackheads either. It was really cool to see the matrix as it dried, but that's about it :-/

Right now I'm trying out Dr. Dennis Gross Extra Strength Alpha Beta Face Peel to combat blackheads and the texture (whiteheads) on my chin. It says it's not for sensitive skin, but I've had no problem with pain or redness. In fact, I think it's helping! I need to give it more time to confirm results though.

I'll have to keep up with you! It seems we both have stubborn blackheads! I've been using the Peter Thomas Roth Complexion Pads and my Clarasonic and so far that seems to have been the best but I still have those stubborn black dots :<

1 Reply