Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@sonnydee 

Thanks so much! I was worried about the rose in the description, but masculine is right up my alley ❣️ I keep swearing off of buying candles from Ulta online because 80% of the time they get broken in transit, but I may have to watch for a deal on that one. Thank you! 

July Empties. Missing fs Coola sunscreen..top, loves. Middle- like. Bottom..TBD. Same layout for sheet masks but bottom- the face shop may have broke me out😒 & forgot 2 of the regular empties. 25 in all. 191 ytd

0804201800_HDR.jpg

June Empties. 17. This must have been when i decided to use more of my sheet mask stash

Top- love or strong like. Middle- like, may or may not repurchase. Bottom sheet mask - meh? I need to use the clean watermelon again. It was tingly but i left it on for 15 min. The milk makeup moist. was too thick for my skin. Bobbi Brown concealer covered every thing & anything but i don't need that well of coverage. 166 ytd total

0804201751.jpg

0804201750.jpg

May Empties 29 total. missing:

Kocostar waffle sheet mask, love..

this works sleep spray love, purchased fs after trying smaller bottle. 

Perricone MD hydrating could cream ok. Not enough like to replace my hg.

2 x Sugarfina & coola candies yum!

Lapcos Aloe sheet mask. Meh...?

ulta candle not repurchase. Didnt smell like pineapple

149 ytd total

Top- loves, strong like. 😊Middle- like, may or may not purchase.🙂 Bottom..meh. I like other stuff better.😑

0804201735_HDR.jpg

July empties! 🗑

YTD 206

Notes in the spoiler!

IMG_20200801_231930776.jpg

Spoiler
Dior Lip Glow Oil, 001 Pink (gratis): very comparable to Clarins lip oil (which is a true love for me), with a lovely vanilla-mint scent that is light and fresh. Value-wise, Clarins is a better deal, but I would absolutely jump at a chance to use this again ❤️

Exuviance Detox Mud Treatment: a nice clay mask that does its job well without being overly drying. It dries down fully, but it's not a tight-dry, nor is it flaky...it's got a soft, almost rubbery type feel that flexible and moves with your skin. The scent is fresh/herbal, a bit strong, but not overwhelming IMHO. It's not a purchase for me, but I would use it again (and will...I think I have more lol) 

Tula So Polished Exfoliating Sugar Scrub: a creamy base with sugar granules that melt almost immediately upon contact with warm water. I don't use scrubs all that often, and when I do, I prefer a scrubbier experience, but this would be gentle enough for daily use for those so inclined. Really nice coconut scent, not too sweet, but definitely tropical. It left a bit of an oily feel, so a follow up cleanser is a must.

OPI Pro Spa Advanced Softening Socks: I wonder how long these have been sitting around Ulta's warehouse...they were full of tiny holes along some of the fold lines, and the oily serum had leaked all over the place inside the package. I tore the toe box off of one while trying to readjust it after putting socks over them. All in all, it seemed like it might have been a decent product at one point, but the experience was less than stellar. Strong rose scent (which I also happen to dislike greatly)

Smith & Cult Locked & Lit CBD Lip Balm: thin for a balm, but seems to work well. Nice apple scent, not too sweet, just freshly fruity. Thumbs up for this...can't justify buying, but would absolutely use again.

Barefoot Scientist High Dive Intensive Hydration Cream: thin but decently hydrating. But...it smells like baby powder and black pepper, which made me gag.

BBW True Blue Spa Shea IT Isn't So Super Rich Foot Cream: Almost my HG foot cream...I just wish it was minty 😛 Love the thickness of it, it soaks in well and does a great job of softening my feet. I keep branching out to others, but always come back.

Nexxus Hydra-Light Weightless Moisture Shampoo: all through my teens and twenties and even most of my thirties, I gravitated towards either super-harsh clarifying shampoos or volumizing shampoos that wound up turning my hair to straw. This was my first foray into "be gentler to oily hair and it'll stop being so oily" and it was eye-opening for me. This plus their Humectress conditioner was an amazing combo for me for several years. Then I found Ulta and gwps and fancy stuff (I was strictly a drugstore gal up until 40 or so 😮 ) and started branching out into other brands, but this will hold a place in my heart for years to come. I think I still have one more bottle in the closet, and love knowing that I have a backup of something that works if I ever need it (even though I also have a bazillion other things to try too lol). 

Left Hand Soap Company Peppermint Sage Sugar Scrub: castor oil, raw sugar, essential oils. I go through it pretty quickly, but it doesn't make my shower slippery and I like supporting a local company. Have more, and will buy again in the future. 

Rusk Pro Restore01 Leave-In Conditioner: works ok without weighing my hair down. Heavy floral/rosy scent that turns me off though.

Glisten & Glow Top Coat: holy grail. Quick dry, super shiny, no shrink. Will repurchase over and over.

Good Molecules Instant Cleansing Balm: works well, but I can't stand the rosy scent.

Peach & Lily Super Reboot Resurfacing Mask: I can't really decide how I feel about this...I think acid masks maybe aren't that much of a benefit for me, since I use an acid toner daily anyways. It went on easily, and wasn't too hard to wash off, but I never saw much of a difference after use. 

Kate Somerville +Retinol Vita C Power Serum: perfectly fine, but I have both a retinol and a vitamin C I like better. Will use minis as I get them, but not something I'd rebuy.

Milk + Honey Body Wash No16: not a fan of the scent; I've come to the conclusion that cardamom just isn't a scent that does well with my chemistry. I felt like it fell flat too quickly as well; I had to add some of my BBW body wash halfway through washing. 

End of June trash 🗑

YTD 191

Notes coming shortly 

IMG_20200704_203122191.jpg

Spoiler
Ulta cotton balls: basic staple; have more, will buy again.

Bumble and bumble Super Rich Conditioner: love the conditioner, hate the scent 😞 I found it to be an overwhelmingly sweet honeysuckle scent. I nearly tossed the bottle after I first got it, but wound up powering through it. Once I got used to it, it wasn't quite as bad, but I never grew to like it. In any case, if you don't mind sweet florals, I found this to be a great conditioner for my fine hair with dry ends. Good moisture without being too heavy. 

Lancer Clarifying Detox Mask: fun green color, easy to spread with a fairly thin texture compared to many clay masks. Perhaps the best smelling sulfur mask I've ever tried. Citrusy, I think, with just the barest whiff of sulfur every now and again. It's lightly cooling as well, which was fun for summer. But...I don't think it's worth the ridic price tag, at least not to me personally. As a clay mask, I didn't find it performed any better than my cheaper faves when all was said and done. I'd use it again, absolutely, but it didn't earn a spot on my "expensive masks to watch for deals on" list.

FAB Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum: love this stuff as an extra layer of hydration for my oily but dehydrated skin. Not looking to purchase right now because I have more samples, but will likely be a future purchase whenever I can justify a full size.

Hanskin Pore Cleansing Oil PHA: eh, too scented for my taste, very herbal, rosemary. It also has several citrus extracts that really don't need to be there. It worked well as a first cleanse, but there are better options out there.

Naturally G4U Clear Your Skin Resurfacing 1% Retinol Serum: ok, but not outstanding. The texture itself is nice; it's a gel-ish serum that liquifies as you warm it up, and it soaks in well without any pilling or other texture issues. But I feel like my skin has done better with other retinols, so I'm not looking to rebuy this one.

Pacifica Himalayan Patchouli Berry Perfumed Hair & Body Mist: patchouli isn't generally my thing, but this was fine as a bathroom mist.

Burt's Bees Lip Balm, Strawberry: perfectly fine, just a daily basic staple that I have more of and will continue to buy

Jack Black Lip Balm, Natural Mint & Shea Butter: I feel weird listing this one because the alt use that I repurposed this to is a bit off the wall, but hey, it's still beauty related 😛 My shower filter has a rubber gasket in it, and every time I change the cartridge, I'm supposed to lube the gasket with petroleum jelly (which I don't actually own...one day I should remedy that). At 40% petrolatum, this was the closest thing I had available lol, and it works fine 😄

Zoya Remove+: holy grail, will never use anything else. 8oz of this bottle is technically still in use in my pump, so I guess the full 32oz isn't quite done yet, but at least now I know I'll get somewhere around 5-6 months out a full size at my current manicure speed. I have more of course, and will never ever let myself run out!  

Funny @RGbrown, I was just looking at that Hanskin today. That actually sounds like something I would love, may have to try it now!

@eshoe 

It's definitely worth a shot! It is a good first cleanse, I had no issues with performance at all. I also liked the scent, but do try and avoid scented stuff (sometimes, when it suits me haha...you can pry my stinky Tula cleanser from my cold dead hand 🤣)

Ha ha which Tula would that be, @RGbrown? I’ve tried a few of their products but haven’t noticed an overwhelming scent (yet). I am definitely going to try the Hanskin, hopefully soon although I am drowning in mists and toners at the moment😂

@eshoe 

Their original cleanser (recently renamed "Cult Classic Cleanser", but before it was just "Cleanser", I believe). It's got a strong scent, quite odd, but I've grown to love it ❤️ 

Empties

Quarterly empties!

Oh how did you like the Native deodorant @Lazybeautybeast ?  I've tried two and can't wait to try more... Candy Cane?  I love that they have seasonal scents. 

@missjeanie I think I like it but the sample sizes are a...

@missjeanie I think I like it but the sample sizes are a joke; I only got maybe a week out of each. I've bought the two full size ones (Peach something and Aloe something) that I'll switch to after summer. I've been trying to transition to a more natural deodorant and had a bunch of different samples. I had to take a break from my transition during the summer because of the detox and heat were not a good combo. Native is definitely the top runner right now. The candy cane was a nice scent but kind of odd to smell minty (and sometimes sweaty) all day.

Wow, looks like you had a great quarter! Impressed by how well you preserve and organize your empties.

RE: Empties

Skincare hoarder probs: Finished up this Sunday Riley Flash Fix kit that was purchased probably 2-3 years ago (since we all know how Ceramic Slip was reformulated). Took the cleanser with me on vacation for a weekend and let my boyfriend use it and he says “I really like that cleanser! That’s the best one I’ve ever used! Can you get me one?” 😳😅😭 turns out I’ve also got TWO backup Flash Fix kits and they’re both the new formula—cross your fingers for me that he doesn’t notice the difference!

Re: RE: Empties

“Skincare hoarder probs” - completely understand that @KeriCherryDee

The latest batch o' trash 🗑

YTD 181

Notes in the spoiler!

IMG_20200613_190014400.jpg

Spoiler
BBW Shower Gel, Fresh Vanilla: I am unsure of when BBW changed their packaging, but I feel like this bottle is somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 years old 😮 Still perfectly good (and it's my last one in this style bottle, yay!). Love a good vanilla, and this is one.

Exuviance Soothing Toning Lotion: my favorite acid toner. Alcohol-free, gentle enough to use daily, and does an all around good job. And while it's not the absolute cheapest toner out there, it's also a pretty decent value compared to some on the market, $29 for 6.7oz. Will absolutely rebuy next sale or 20%!

Origins Whipped Body Cream, Ginger Souffle: Such a fantastic scent! I hate the tub though, so I'll stick to the lotion in the future.

Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser: basic staple. Doesn't necessarily fall into the rebuy category, but I've got a bazillion and one samples that I'll happily use up.

Ulta Aromatherapy Shower Tablets, Eucalyptus & Sage: while I love some of the scents of the shower tablets, this one is always a bit weak and disappointing. I use 'em just to use 'em...

Biobelle Stay Gorgeous sheet mask: Someone remind me why Biobelle discontinued all the good masks? 😞 Love this one, and pretty much anything from their original lineup that is now gone. Practically no scent, super thin fabric, nice fit, rich serum, good moisture. Love love love. 

Ella + Mila Soy Polish Remover Wipe: I've been vaguely curious about these, and am glad I got to try them via GWP. I cannot say this emphatically enough: nope nope nope nope nope nope nope. Nope. I get shivers just thinking about it while typing this. It's an oily, slimy mess and requires not just a wash but deep scrub after use. I normally avoid water during my manicures, but that was impossible here. I'm also not opposed to acetone-based removers, so I'm not really the target audience, thankfully. If this was my only option, I'd stop painting my nails before using another one 😛

Duke Cannon Cold Shower: fantastic for a quick clean up or a cool down on a hot day 

Pacifica Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes: I've tried several of Pacifica's cleasning wipes from this line, all of which are now sadly discontinued, and have been really pleased. No alcohol, and they have good slip, making them easy to use one handed. I feel clean without feeling dry or feeling like I have residue on my face. Great for a quick clean up when needed.

Ulta Peppermint Foot Mask: lovely cooling feeling, and really nice moisture. Great for tired, dry feet.

Leaders Moisturizing Recovery Mask: perfectly fine. Not rushing to rebuy, but happy to use. Low scent, ok fit, good moisture.

@RGbrown Lol... I'm pretty sure I still have a bottle of that BBW lotion style around somewhere... they can't be that old??? lol

@RGbrown, I’m chuckling at your comments on the B&BW packaging - that design looked so familiar to me when I saw your photo. I think it must be at least 10 years old! 😆 100% agree with your thoughts on BioBelle - that particular mask is my favorite from the brand. My wallet and I send out a huge thanks for your review of the Ella + Mia polish remover pads. I’ve debated whether to pick up a pack but decided to stick with my trusty Zoya remover each time. Glad I did. 

@itsfi 

The more I think about that BBW, I think I can place it somewhere around 13-14 years old, maybe more. Dear lord, how out of control is my hoard? 😆 At least I finally caught up on the oldest of the oldest 😅

That Ella+Mila wipe may be the worst thing I've ever used. It did perform its function, so I guess there's at least on pro to it, but it was a sensory nightmare. Definitely stick to Zoya...it's the best!

I have about 2 months worth of empties to share so in order to avoid spamming the page with pictures, I'll put the pictures in spoilers and give brief experience descriptions in 3 rating categories. P.S A lot of my pictures aren't uploading so only uploading what I can.

Yes's- Would repurchase

Drybar Prep Rally Prime & Prep Detangler- I liked this detangler, liked the smell and it did its job very well. Was it any different than every detangler I've ever tried? Nope. But it did its job and for that I would say I would repurchase when I run out of the stash of detanglers I have at home.

KOPARI - Coconut Melt- This was a repurchase already. I love using this to moisturize my skin in the shower right after I turn the water off. It's made my skin less itchy.

IGK Good Behavior Spirulina Protein Anti-Frizz Smoothing Spray 5.6 oz/ 186 mL- I bought this on a whim and am glad I got to try a smoothing spray. It made me realize this was the missing step I needed in my hair routine! The only downside is the fragrance- it made me gag every time I used it BUT it left me with frizz-free hair so it was easy to suck it up.

LAURA MERCIER - Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation- This was one of the better matte foundations in my collection that I was sad to part with because it went on matte without making me look 10 years older and the shade was a perfect match on me.

Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g- It took me a billion years to finish this partly because I was saving it for "special occasions" but I finally hit pan when I realized all special occasions for the year have been cancelled (ha). This is a cult favorite for a reason and I loved the way to held my makeup up all day. 

Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Daily Cleanser with Sulfur Acne Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mL- Repurchase and quite possibly my favorite face wash of all time. I find it helps tone down breakouts without it drying out my skin.

Living Proof Flex Hairspray- this was a repurchase and is my current HG hairspray.

BBW 3 Wick Candles- Both scents were lovely. The pineapple was used all last summer and I finished it off a few days ago and the vanilla more in the colder months.

Garnier Micellar Water- Got the job done and lasted a lifetime. Definitely worth the money especially during BOGO events at Ulta.

Loreal Nutrifier Mask- this has such a fruity yet perfumey scent to it- I just love it. It did an AMAZING job at smoothing out my hair and was sad to have used it all up. I was surprised at how much more I enjoyed this drugstore brand mask than some of my "higher end" masks and am going to repurchase tubs of this as soon as I finish a few more hair masks in my collection.

Paula's Choice BHA- This was one of the Nordies GWP's I got ages ago but decided to give a go at night every so often to switch up my skincare. I quite enjoyed it and felt like it did make a difference in my skin. I feel like my skin was brighter, softer and more clear when I would use this. Will definitely repurchase in the future.

Eh- It Was Okay, Wouldn't Go Out of my Way to Try Again

LIVING PROOF - Perfect hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo- Great dry shampoo but don't like the white cast it leaves. I got spoiled using a dry shampoo that goes on clear so I would buy again but would rather not deal with the hassle of getting rid of a white crown.

LIVING PROOF - Restore Shampoo+Conditioner duo- this was okay. Not bad, not amazing; just okay. I didn't feel like it made my hair softer or stronger or less tangled. It performed like your average shampoo and conditioner.

GLAMGLOW - GLOWSETTER™ Makeup Setting Spray- I really liked the scent and the spritzer but can't say it was any different than the other setting sprays in my collection aside from its coconutty smell. It's supposed to help give a glow but honestly I didn't notice much when I used this.

KORRES Wild Rose Night-Brightening Sleeping Facial 1.35 oz / 40 mLI really liked this especially when I paired it with the rose oil but I don't see myself repurchasing it only because I have a lot more oils to empty before I go out of my way to spend some coins on this. It does an amazing job at moisturizing the skin and leaving it soft and supple especially in the winter so I would recommend it to others.

ALTERNA Haircare CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Restructuring Bond Repair Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL+ Shampoo duo- I can't tell if this made any difference in my hair so I wasn't crazy about it. It cleaned my hair but had no wow-factor so for that I wouldn't repurchase.

Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more® pore refiner primer 1 oz-Loved this as a pore-filling primer and would 100% recommend it to others. Unfortunately, I love Silk Canvas a little more because it's not as thick so for that I'll say I won't repurchase UNLESS Silk Canvas gets discontinued.

DIOR - BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation- this was a great foundation to use when I was slightly more tan than usual. Goes on pretty medium to full coverage and has that typical Dior grandma scent but I really did enjoy using it to the last drop. It has a very watery consistency BUT don't let that fool you into thinking you need to use more product.

Kopari Coconut Balm- I got this from the direct site because it was like 40% off and I couldn't resist a deal. I've come to the conclusion that this is exactly like the Coconut Melt except in a squeeze tube. While it's more hygienic, you get waaaay less product so in the end it's not worth buying this over the Melt. I went through a tube in like a month or less when the Melt tub lasts me about 3-4 months or so. 

GO SMILE Whitening Gel- This was okay? I did repurchase just because I want to give it a second chance but I honestly didn't see any results the first time around. Would not really recommend but if my opinion changes with my second tube, I'll be sure to shout it from the mountain tops 😉

Eva NYC Therapy Session Mask- Talk about bang for your buck. I would say this tub gave me 100 uses and that's that I was slathering it on like crazy towards the end just to finish the darn thing. It did wonders for my hair and it smelled of vanilla goodness. Would repurchase but not in a rush to do so just yet.

BBW Body Washes- I love all fruity scents from BBW so of course I would repurchase but can't say either scent was anything magical. 

Nope!- Toss it and Never Look Back

Covergirl Peacock Flare Mascara- there was nothing truly special about this mascara. It did give my lashes some volume but nothing noteworthy at all. The wand was big and twisted I felt it was difficult to not get mascara smudges all over my lids when I used this. Not worth the money!

1 Reply
testing