Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: RE: Empties

โ€œSkincare hoarder probsโ€ - completely understand that @KeriCherryDee

Re: Empties

The latest batch o' trash ๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ

YTD 181

Notes in the spoiler!

IMG_20200613_190014400.jpg

Spoiler
BBW Shower Gel, Fresh Vanilla: I am unsure of when BBW changed their packaging, but I feel like this bottle is somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 years old ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Still perfectly good (and it's my last one in this style bottle, yay!). Love a good vanilla, and this is one.

Exuviance Soothing Toning Lotion: my favorite acid toner. Alcohol-free, gentle enough to use daily, and does an all around good job. And while it's not the absolute cheapest toner out there, it's also a pretty decent value compared to some on the market, $29 for 6.7oz. Will absolutely rebuy next sale or 20%!

Origins Whipped Body Cream, Ginger Souffle: Such a fantastic scent! I hate the tub though, so I'll stick to the lotion in the future.

Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser: basic staple. Doesn't necessarily fall into the rebuy category, but I've got a bazillion and one samples that I'll happily use up.

Ulta Aromatherapy Shower Tablets, Eucalyptus & Sage: while I love some of the scents of the shower tablets, this one is always a bit weak and disappointing. I use 'em just to use 'em...

Biobelle Stay Gorgeous sheet mask: Someone remind me why Biobelle discontinued all the good masks? ๐Ÿ˜ž Love this one, and pretty much anything from their original lineup that is now gone. Practically no scent, super thin fabric, nice fit, rich serum, good moisture. Love love love. 

Ella + Mila Soy Polish Remover Wipe: I've been vaguely curious about these, and am glad I got to try them via GWP. I cannot say this emphatically enough: nope nope nope nope nope nope nope. Nope. I get shivers just thinking about it while typing this. It's an oily, slimy mess and requires not just a wash but deep scrub after use. I normally avoid water during my manicures, but that was impossible here. I'm also not opposed to acetone-based removers, so I'm not really the target audience, thankfully. If this was my only option, I'd stop painting my nails before using another one ๐Ÿ˜›

Duke Cannon Cold Shower: fantastic for a quick clean up or a cool down on a hot day 

Pacifica Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes: I've tried several of Pacifica's cleasning wipes from this line, all of which are now sadly discontinued, and have been really pleased. No alcohol, and they have good slip, making them easy to use one handed. I feel clean without feeling dry or feeling like I have residue on my face. Great for a quick clean up when needed.

Ulta Peppermint Foot Mask: lovely cooling feeling, and really nice moisture. Great for tired, dry feet.

Leaders Moisturizing Recovery Mask: perfectly fine. Not rushing to rebuy, but happy to use. Low scent, ok fit, good moisture.

@RGbrown Lol... I'm pretty sure I still have a bottle of that BBW lotion style around somewhere... they can't be that old??? lol

@RGbrown, Iโ€™m chuckling at your comments on the B&BW packaging - that design looked so familiar to me when I saw your photo. I think it must be at least 10 years old! ๐Ÿ˜† 100% agree with your thoughts on BioBelle - that particular mask is my favorite from the brand. My wallet and I send out a huge thanks for your review of the Ella + Mia polish remover pads. Iโ€™ve debated whether to pick up a pack but decided to stick with my trusty Zoya remover each time. Glad I did. 

@itsfi 

The more I think about that BBW, I think I can place it somewhere around 13-14 years old, maybe more. Dear lord, how out of control is my hoard? ๐Ÿ˜† At least I finally caught up on the oldest of the oldest ๐Ÿ˜…

That Ella+Mila wipe may be the worst thing I've ever used. It did perform its function, so I guess there's at least on pro to it, but it was a sensory nightmare. Definitely stick to Zoya...it's the best!

I have about 2 months worth of empties to share so in order to avoid spamming the page with pictures, I'll put the pictures in spoilers and give brief experience descriptions in 3 rating categories. P.S A lot of my pictures aren't uploading so only uploading what I can.

Yes's- Would repurchase

Drybar Prep Rally Prime & Prep Detangler- I liked this detangler, liked the smell and it did its job very well. Was it any different than every detangler I've ever tried? Nope. But it did its job and for that I would say I would repurchase when I run out of the stash of detanglers I have at home.

KOPARI - Coconut Melt- This was a repurchase already. I love using this to moisturize my skin in the shower right after I turn the water off. It's made my skin less itchy.

IGK Good Behavior Spirulina Protein Anti-Frizz Smoothing Spray 5.6 oz/ 186 mL- I bought this on a whim and am glad I got to try a smoothing spray. It made me realize this was the missing step I needed in my hair routine! The only downside is the fragrance- it made me gag every time I used it BUT it left me with frizz-free hair so it was easy to suck it up.

LAURA MERCIER - Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation- This was one of the better matte foundations in my collection that I was sad to part with because it went on matte without making me look 10 years older and the shade was a perfect match on me.

Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g- It took me a billion years to finish this partly because I was saving it for "special occasions" but I finally hit pan when I realized all special occasions for the year have been cancelled (ha). This is a cult favorite for a reason and I loved the way to held my makeup up all day. 

Kate Somerville EradiKateโ„ข Daily Cleanser with Sulfur Acne Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mL- Repurchase and quite possibly my favorite face wash of all time. I find it helps tone down breakouts without it drying out my skin.

Living Proof Flex Hairspray- this was a repurchase and is my current HG hairspray.

BBW 3 Wick Candles- Both scents were lovely. The pineapple was used all last summer and I finished it off a few days ago and the vanilla more in the colder months.

Garnier Micellar Water- Got the job done and lasted a lifetime. Definitely worth the money especially during BOGO events at Ulta.

Loreal Nutrifier Mask- this has such a fruity yet perfumey scent to it- I just love it. It did an AMAZING job at smoothing out my hair and was sad to have used it all up. I was surprised at how much more I enjoyed this drugstore brand mask than some of my "higher end" masks and am going to repurchase tubs of this as soon as I finish a few more hair masks in my collection.

Paula's Choice BHA- This was one of the Nordies GWP's I got ages ago but decided to give a go at night every so often to switch up my skincare. I quite enjoyed it and felt like it did make a difference in my skin. I feel like my skin was brighter, softer and more clear when I would use this. Will definitely repurchase in the future.

Eh- It Was Okay, Wouldn't Go Out of my Way to Try Again

LIVING PROOF - Perfect hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo- Great dry shampoo but don't like the white cast it leaves. I got spoiled using a dry shampoo that goes on clear so I would buy again but would rather not deal with the hassle of getting rid of a white crown.

LIVING PROOF - Restore Shampoo+Conditioner duo- this was okay. Not bad, not amazing; just okay. I didn't feel like it made my hair softer or stronger or less tangled. It performed like your average shampoo and conditioner.

GLAMGLOW - GLOWSETTERโ„ข Makeup Setting Spray- I really liked the scent and the spritzer but can't say it was any different than the other setting sprays in my collection aside from its coconutty smell. It's supposed to help give a glow but honestly I didn't notice much when I used this.

KORRES Wild Rose Night-Brightening Sleeping Facial 1.35 oz / 40 mLI really liked this especially when I paired it with the rose oil but I don't see myself repurchasing it only because I have a lot more oils to empty before I go out of my way to spend some coins on this. It does an amazing job at moisturizing the skin and leaving it soft and supple especially in the winter so I would recommend it to others.

ALTERNA Haircare CAVIAR Anti-Agingยฎ Restructuring Bond Repair Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL+ Shampoo duo- I can't tell if this made any difference in my hair so I wasn't crazy about it. It cleaned my hair but had no wow-factor so for that I wouldn't repurchase.

Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no moreยฎ pore refiner primer 1 oz-Loved this as a pore-filling primer and would 100% recommend it to others. Unfortunately, I love Silk Canvas a little more because it's not as thick so for that I'll say I won't repurchase UNLESS Silk Canvas gets discontinued.

DIOR - BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation- this was a great foundation to use when I was slightly more tan than usual. Goes on pretty medium to full coverage and has that typical Dior grandma scent but I really did enjoy using it to the last drop. It has a very watery consistency BUT don't let that fool you into thinking you need to use more product.

Kopari Coconut Balm- I got this from the direct site because it was like 40% off and I couldn't resist a deal. I've come to the conclusion that this is exactly like the Coconut Melt except in a squeeze tube. While it's more hygienic, you get waaaay less product so in the end it's not worth buying this over the Melt. I went through a tube in like a month or less when the Melt tub lasts me about 3-4 months or so. 

GO SMILE Whitening Gel- This was okay? I did repurchase just because I want to give it a second chance but I honestly didn't see any results the first time around. Would not really recommend but if my opinion changes with my second tube, I'll be sure to shout it from the mountain tops ๐Ÿ˜‰

Eva NYC Therapy Session Mask- Talk about bang for your buck. I would say this tub gave me 100 uses and that's that I was slathering it on like crazy towards the end just to finish the darn thing. It did wonders for my hair and it smelled of vanilla goodness. Would repurchase but not in a rush to do so just yet.

BBW Body Washes- I love all fruity scents from BBW so of course I would repurchase but can't say either scent was anything magical. 

Nope!- Toss it and Never Look Back

Covergirl Peacock Flare Mascara- there was nothing truly special about this mascara. It did give my lashes some volume but nothing noteworthy at all. The wand was big and twisted I felt it was difficult to not get mascara smudges all over my lids when I used this. Not worth the money!

@gonerogue, I need to find a good shade match in that Laura Mercier foundation! 

@gonerogue 

All my Dior Backstages have never had a scent? How strange! 

@GG84  Really?? Mine has that distinct rosey, perfumey Diory scent like all my other Dior products. I wonder if it has something to do with when we each purchased our products? I got my foundation when it first launched a while back.

I've gotten bad about taking pics, but forgetting to post them. This is from the 31st, closing out May on the dot. It's prolly about time to check my bag again ๐Ÿ˜‚

Notes in the spoiler!

YTD 169

IMG_20200531_222231857.jpg

Spoiler
BBW Lotion, Pretty as a Peach: lovely peachy scent that's sweet but not overwhelming. Their lotions are a current staple for me because I way overbought in the past. While I can see myself branching out to other brands in the future, I never get bored or disappointed with these, and am content to use up my stash.

Algenist Gentle Rejuvenating Cleanser: hard nope for me. I had trouble with significant congestion on my cheeks and chin throughout April and into May. Kept swapping moisturizers and oils around to try and reduce it, but none of those had any impact. Ditching this cleanser was the key. "Gentle" just isn't a good match for for my oily skin most of the time. 

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel: The moisturizer I eventually gravitate towards when trying to get congestion under control. It's not fancy or terribly impressive, but it's a good basic that I know doesn't break me out. I don't plan to purchase again, but I have several samples and even an old purchased bottle that I'll happily use up.

Leaders AC Clear Treatment Mask: eh, fine. Decent fit, good moisture, not terribly offensive in the olfactory department. It doesn't wow me, but I don't hate it either.

Left Hand Soap Company Sugar Scrub, Peppermint & Sage: one of my favorite scrubs. It's very basic in that it's nothing but castor oil, sugar, and essential oils for scent, but I love love love the scent, and it does a good job. It doesn't leave my shower slippery either. I go through it fairly quickly, the oil and sugar both dribble away pretty easily, but I love supporting a small, local company. I have more, and will definitely rebuy again in the future as well.

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion: another good, basic formula that doesn't break me out. If I ever finish off all of my bazillion samples, I could see this being my daily driver. 

Commodity Book and Sud Pacifique Vanille Blackberry: I ordered Zoya's hand sanitzer, and it's totally unscented...it's like sticking your nose in a bottle of isopropyl alcohol, so I decided to try scenting it myself lol. I dumped both Book samples (2mL) in the bottle first, but they made zero impact, so next I pulled out my larger Sud Pacifique samples (5mL ea). They helped a bit, but it's still quite alcohol-y. However, I'm out of room in the bottle for now, so I need to use more up before I can add anything else lol. I've also got to keep potency in mind...will need to do some calcs to make sure I'm not diluting it too much, if I go further with scenting it.

Nest, Sunkissed Hibiscus: a lovely fresh, maybe somewhat fruity, floral. Sweet, but not heavy. Warm and tropical feeling, without being the usual beachy scent. I really like this one.

OUAI Leave-In Conditioner: I straightened up and cleaned out my hair stuff, and found this in the cabinet. Why, I can't fathom. I hate the heavy floral/rosy scent, and have no idea why I put it back in the cabinet after deciding I could never make myself finish it a year or two ago.  

Hope you find something that would hide the alcohol scent without diluting it much @RGbrown but that's a good way to use up some perfume samples. I use them up as bathroom sprays myself

Nice job on the empties @RGbrown! Pretty as a peach is one of my favorite scents from B&BW! Oooh, thanks for the review on Sunkissed Hibiscus - Iโ€™ve wondered what it smells like - it sounds like something I would like. 

@itsfi 

That Nest scent was like summer vacation, without actually smelling like anything that normally reminds me of summer vacation. Or a soft floral for someone that normally doesn't like florals. Not that either of those make a bit of sense lol, but I really liked it, and am glad I have a mini on hand too ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@RGbrown What did you think about the Derma e Vitamin C?  I was concerned about the "natural fragrance oils" being irritants.

@greeneyedgirl107 

Ahhhh, I can't believe I forgot to do that one! 

It was fine, no sensitivity or irritation for me (but I'm not sensitive to much as it is, so take that for what its worth). The C active here is SAP (and 15% is stuck in my head for some reason, though I can't find a quick confirmation or denial of that), so it's more stable than LAA, but it's also a bit weaker. My favorite C product is by Exuviance (20% LAA), and I could tell this was a bit of a downgrade from that, but for someone that's used to lower strengths and is looking to move up, or that doesn't want an LAA product for some reason, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this as one to try. Overall I give it a thumbs up, especially for the price ($20 for 2oz is tough to beat), even though it's not something I'm looking to replace for my routine.

@RGbrown That's super helpful!  Thanks!

@RGbrown I have a lotion version of the peach, it smells so good. Great job!

@Samtian 

I can be picky about some fruity scents, but BBW did a good job with this one! ๐Ÿ‘

Empties

April, light this month but I think its because I forgot to save some trash๐Ÿ˜ฌ Really separate these into 2 categories-Top: Love or like enough to use again. & Bottom:Meh....use if i got it for free & had to. 15 for April 120YTD

Those are some excellent choices for your loves / likes @sonnydee! โ™ฅ๏ธ

Thanks @itsfi it looks like I was slacking in April๐Ÿ˜œ

3 Replies
testing