Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@bakeamuffin I do the same thing! I also like to cut open my tubed products to get every last bit! Nice job! ๐Ÿ‘

@Shosh85 it just feels so satisfying!! Nothing wasted ๐Ÿ˜„

@bakeamuffin:  Thank you for dissecting your Good Genes bottle and documenting it for us. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I have the same exact bottle and was hoping that once it is empty, I can refill it with all the Good Genes foils that I've hoarded. Unfortunately, the bottle doesn't seem like it can be refilled... ๐Ÿ˜ž

@MlleCC no, not really unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜” The lid wonโ€™t screw on to the bottle, it attaches to the inner bag part. Itโ€™s a very intricate bottle ๐Ÿ˜• 

Omg, yes @bakeamuffin, and the higher the price tag, the more ridiculous lengths I go to....

Hahaha yes @RachFace2921! Iโ€™m gonna make sure I get for what I paid for... every last bit ๐Ÿ˜‚

RE: Empties

All gone. I might cry.

Re: RE: Empties

Right with you @SoraDixie! Itโ€™s such an amazing product! How long did this bottle last you? 

RE: Re: RE: Empties

Um, a month. It was my first time using it and I was really excited about it so I probably used it too much. Usually morning and night, every day. But this was the smaller size in the set that came with the Luna oil. I have four of those try-me packs that were gwps a while ago and hopefully I can make it another month with those. Iโ€™m so sad I missed that skinstore 30% off sale last month. I didnโ€™t realize i would need it so quickly!

May Empties!

IMG_0346.jpg

Spoiler
LOVES:
Niod CAIS 5% - really great for irritation and pores when I use it regularly, I just need to remember to do so

Kate Somerville Exfolikate - 
the acne variation is discontinued; I bought up all the tubes my store had and am on my last one now ๐Ÿ˜ž

Kahina Giving Beauty serum - 
great all around serum for clarity, brightness, and firming

Good Day Hairshop Boy Tears mask - 
a fantastic leave in mask from my hairdresser, tinted orange for upkeep 

Mahalo The Bean - 
one of my favourite nourishing face masks, smells divine too

May Lindstrom Good Stuff -
a lightly sparkly dry body oil, I'm kind of bummed they d/c it

When Restore mask - 
haven't met a When sheet mask I didn't like, they always fit well and have great serums, this one is great for dehydration

Dr Jart Ceramidin mask - 
a super hydrating sheet mask

Herbivore Coconut Hibiscus mist - 
nicely moisturizing facial mist

Yuli Cell Perfecto PM - 
this has been a great serum for hyperpigmentation, will definitely repurchase

Cake Beauty Vanilla Cashmere - 
nicely scented, nourishing hand cream

Tata Harper Purifying mask - 
one of my favourite mud masks, it clears but doesn't dry you out

Laneige Lip Mask - 
my absolute favourite overnight lip balm, it's hydrating but not sticky

IMG_0347.jpg

Spoiler
MEH:
Blithe Velvet Yam Pressed Serum - I buy these pressed serums occasionally and they're fine but not something I bother repurchasing consistently. I do find them good for in-between seasons when my skin is adjusting to the change.

Yuli Liquid Courage - 
nothing about this blew me away

PTR Pro Retinoid 3% - 
I didn't use this regularly enough to properly judge its effects, but I didn't like the consistency of it because it was extremely thin but very oily feeling

Givenchy Noir Couture Volume mascara - 
not the version of Noir Couture I prefer, this one doesn't do much for my lashes

NARS Audacious mascara - 
the formula is fine but the brush is too stabby

Dior mascara - 
this made no impression on me at all

Guerlain Maxilash mascara - 
this doesn't do enough for my lashes 

Herbivore Orchid oil - I didn't like the texture (thick) and didn't feel like it did anything for me

Drunk Elephant Beste cleanser - 
I didn't like the texture of this cleanser (runny) and didn't feel like it cleansed enough

Shu Uemura Purifying cleanser - 
I didn't like the texture of this cleanser either (oily) and the rosy scent was way too overpowering

Murad Multivitamin Infusion oil - 
this smelled really strongly of licorice and put me off; it wasn't large enough for me to gauge any results

KVD Lockit mist - 
I felt like this actually broke down my makeup faster

Fruits & Passion Aloe mask - 
ok serum, terrible fit

Les Petit Marseillais body wash - 
didn't like the citrus scent and that it didn't lather much

The Face Shop Raspberry Roots eye mask - 
fine, didn't notice any difference after use

Look Beauty Green Tea mask - 
ok, moisturizing

Look Beauty Apricot mask - 
smells like St Ives, didn't do much

Tony Moly Seaweed mask - 
TM masks do not fit me well, did nothing

Tony Moly Broccoli mask - 
as above

Tony Moly Pomegranate mask - 
as above

IMG_0344.jpg

Spoiler
NO:
Jane Scrivner Nourishing Cleanser - I legitimately hated this; it was sooooo greasy and would not come off without aggressively scrubbing with a cloth

@Mochapj What didn't you like about the PTR?

@CookieGirl1 the reviews are in the spoiler ๐Ÿ˜Š

it it was just very oily feeling and I never felt like it absorbed 

@Mochapj: Did you happen to try the Drunk Elephant Best Jelly cleanser when it was first launched? I recently repurchased it -- the same mini as the one in your photo -- and I was similarly underwhelmed as you were; I felt like it wasn't quite the same product that I knew I loved. I'm guessing it may have been reformulated...or maybe it's just my imagination. ๐Ÿ˜„

@MlleCC This is the only one Iโ€™ve tried but that would certainly make sense. The whole time I was using it, all I could think was โ€˜this doesnโ€™t feel like a jelly at allโ€™ ๐Ÿคฃ

Not a lot, but it's the small accomplishments that count, right?

Love the hand cream, the Lemon Meringue lotion smelled fantastic, and I couldn't wait to use up the travel-size version of the Garnier because I hated it.

20180526_232307.jpg

The Buxom gloss was fine, the Bioderma is my favorite (hence the two backup bottles in my cupboard) and the mask was very "meh".

20180529_231113.jpg

This doesn't even require an explanation...therapy in a carton.  #MintisMyMojo

20180601_215442.jpg

@CookieGirl1 I just wanted to let you know that I bought that ice cream based on your post and I found a new favorite. It's like cookies n cream ice cream but mint ๐Ÿ™‚

@suzyo  I'm hopelessly addicted to it.  It's...uh...a regular "monthly empty" for me, lol.

@CookieGirl1 Raspberries & Cream, Lemon Meringue and Mint Cookie Crunch? This all sounds delicious, haha! ๐Ÿ˜‹ Great job!

@CookieGirl1 

Nice work!

That Bioderma micellar water is HG for me - I always have a back up of it, and an extra mini for when I travel.  Lemon meringue scented lotion and Mint ice cream?  Amazing.  โค๏ธ

@itsfi I never understood why people loved Bioderma so much until I tried it and NOW I get it (hence the two backups).  There is no other micellar water in my world.  *Coincidentally, I also have two backups of the mint ice cream.

@CookieGirl1, of course you have a back up of the mint ice cream - it's the right thing to do!  It's never a bad idea to have back up ice cream.  โค๏ธ โค๏ธ

Yeah, I thought the Bioderma thing was hype.  I received a mini of it in either a subscription box or a mystery box and so began the love affair.  In the past, I've tried other ones but I've learned my lesson - my skin likes Bioderma, and Bioderma it shall have.  ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Reply
testing