I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
December empties! A few things I was really trying to finish before the end of the year, and am happy I did.
No hates this month either, which is always a bonus!
- not much to say, just a really nice cotton
- pops up in almost every month's empties; safe to say it's an HG product
Garnier Micellar Water
- pleasantly surprised by this. I use it at night to remove eye makeup and in the morning to take off overnight skincare remnants before exercising.
Clinique TTDO Balm
- one of my favorite balm cleansers. Going to be trying the new Farmacy 'Green Clean' next, but if it doesn't work out, back to Clinique I'll be going.
Kate Somerville Exfolikate Foaming Mask
- bought this in May and wasn't sure how I felt about it so I put it away and didn't use it for a few months. Rediscovered it in November and love it now! Gentle, but effective.
Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes
- one of my HG mascaras, been using it since it came out in June. LOVE!!
NARS Pro Prime Eyeshadow Primer (not pictured)
- forgot I finished this until I found the empty tube. Whoops! It's a good primer.
Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser (not pictured)
- dropped this in the shower and broke the bottle. Thank goodness it was only a DS, but that's why there's no photo.
- Ehhh, it was ok. I don't think I'd repurchase it.
Blithe Crystal Iceplant Pressed Serum
- Good for the first part of winter, when it's not super cold. I like that it's lightweight.
PMD red disc
- Red might be a tiny bit too coarse for me, I'm not sure. I felt like I needed to be extra careful using it.
NIOD Multimolecular Hyaluronic Complex
- It hydrated. Nothing miraculous and probably won't repurchase.
Marcelle Loose Powder
- Loose powder is one of the only products I use every single day. Glad to finally get rid of this one, it had a bit too much shimmer.
Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter
- Blueberry hydrated but the smell occasionally bothered me.
Radical Skincare Pads
- I use these on and off all year. In the summer they are too much for me but in the winter they are fine. The brand is no longer available in Canada (I think) so I will finish the last tub I have in my stash and move on to something else.
Loves-tube cut open is agave lip mask,had to get every last bit.
The Hard Candy primer is a similar product to the Clarins beauty flash balm,I don't like it as well so probably won't repurchase but it is a decent option if you are on a budget.
These are my Fall/Winter Empties.... I WILL be better about doing this monthly in 2017!
- MUFE HD Foundation -- Yep, can be nice and sheer, or built up. Will get a full bottle when I use up some of my current rotation.
- Dove Clinical Deoderant -- A constant repurchase for me.
- Bumble & Bumble Hairdressers Oil Conditioner -- LOVE this. I have another on the way. This and the Alterna are my favourites thus far.
- Opti-Free -- I wear monthlys and always re busy this.
- Mac Prep & Prime -- This was the brightening Pink one. I'll buy another, especially if they end up with another sale!
- V&R Flowerbomb -- quite nice. If I ever get through all of the samples I have...
- Biore Pore Strips -- They just make me feel like I'm getting gunk out.
- Lala Retro Wipped by DE-- Really like this for the winter. I have 5 or 6 of the samples to use up then will order the full sized when I know that the Canadian Site has the new packaging. Sunk in nicely, and sure helped the dry skin over winter. I use this as a night cream so I'm not sure how it works under makeup.
- Nars Eye Primer -- Love this. I know everyone raves about UD and TF. This is the one for me though, it may be due to my oilier eyelids. I popped the stopper out when I thought I was all out and got another full month of use from this. I know, I know... I shouldn't use it for so long, but this one tube lasted me for almost a full year.
- Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser - I liked this, my skin didn't feel stripped, but still felt clean.
- DE TLC Serum -- Already ordered another. I'm not really sure why, but I ended up using this over the Sunday Riley serums/oils I bought at the same time.
- MUFE Primer -- Smoothing -- Did as advertised and smoothed.
-Sephora 10 hour foundation
- B&B Hairdressers Oil Mask
- Lush Coconut Bar Shampoo
- Yes to Tomatoes Face Mask
- Shea Moisture Radiance Mask
- Aveeno Oatmeal Bath Soak
- Kat Von D Make Up Remover
- Living Proof Dry Shampoo
- Patchology Illuminate Mask
- Shu Uemura Moisturizer
- Laura Mericer Face Polish
- Klorane Dry Shampoo
- Caudale Micellier Water
- Random Nail Glue
- Lather Face Wash
- Smashbox Studio Skin --- Yeah for using up a full size foundation!!
- Sephora Noe stips
No dislikes in this group!
Nars eye primer is also my holy grail. No other eye primer works like this one for me. I also pop the stopper out and it's amazing how much is still in there. Great empties!
Soapbox Coconut shampoo: too heavy/moisturizing to actually clean my hair
Skin Inc moisture mask: not moisturizing enough. I used it as an overnight mask and my face would be bone dry when I woke up.
Dermablend foundation foil: too heavy, wrong colors
Pur double-ended eyeliner, liquid/pencil: liquid dried up and separated, pencil was a meh color/formula
Dermablend & Clinique moisturizer foils: not moisturizing enough
Kate Somerville moisturizer spf 50: caused congested skin, probably from the sunscreen
Biossance Revitilizer rose face oil: broke me out
Origins GinZing mask: no discernable effect
LaNiege overnight mask: same as Skin Inc, waaay not enough moisture for the whole night. Probably because both of them are gels, I never get good results there.
@JazaChai fresh cream is one of my favorite philosophy scents, it's like vanilla ice cream in a tube! and i thought the skin inc/la neige masks were terrible. my skin felt drier in the morning that it did before bed :/
Well I think I finally was able to upload a picture
wilma schumann - Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads (x2)
Josie Maran - 100% Pure Argan Oil Light
Cerave - Hydrating Cleanser
John Frieda - Frizz Ease Extra Strength serum
Avene - Eau Thermale (Thermal Spring Water)
fresh - Soy Eye Makeup Remover
Ren - resurfacing AHA concentrate
smashbox - Photo Finish Foundation Primer
Clinique - Moisture surge moisturizer
Jack Black - Lip Balm SPF 25
Secret - Clinical Strength Invisible Solid Deodorant
Josie Maran - Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter in Vanilla Apricot
Urban Decay - Mini Perversion Mascara
Ulta Beauty - Warming Charcoal Cleanser (2x)
Too Faced - Glitter Glue
smashbox - Photo Finish Primer Water
Prada - Candy Kiss Eau de parfum
Dr. Jart+ - UV Sun Fluid SPF 30
MUFE - Artist Plexi Gloss in 202
Farmacy - Skin Dew
belif - The True Cream Aqua Bomb (2x)
Juliette had a Gun - Not a Parfum
smashbox - Photo Finish Primer Oil
Ole Henriksen - Truth Sugar Glow polishing mask
Clarins - Multi-Active Jour SPF 20
fresh - Sugar Nourishing Lip Balm
Ole Henriksen - Ultimate Lift Eye gel
Ole Henriksen - Invigorating Night Treatment
Garnier - Skin Active Waterproof Micellar Cleansing Water
Products that expired/no longer work
Revlon - Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation in 150 Buff (This foundation has been open for almost a year, plus it is about 4 shades too deep for me.)
Bath and Body Works - Ultra Shea Body Cream in Twisted Peppermint (Cream will no longer come out, plus I have had this for almost 2 years-I think it's time to let go of it.)
eslor - Chlorophyll Lifting Mask (It's completely hardened/unusable)
L'Oreal Paris - Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer (It doesn't actually prime my skin and it somehow made my neck break out in hives so nope, am not keeping it.)
Lots of empties this month. January was all about skincare for me.
Timeless 20% Vitamin E/C/Ferulic Acid (already repurchased)
Drunk Elephant Framboos (already repurchased)
Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask: Has a strong rose scent that I don't care for, but I just love the way my skin looks after using this.
Drunk Elephant B-Hydra (not pictured): I only used a mini of this so the love status is on the fence, but I really like it so far and think it will be the perfect moisturizer for summer. While the air is still dry, I'm enjoying using it under a heavier cream moisturizer. Purchased the full size today.
NARS Tinted Moisturizer (Alaska): This is one of very few staples in my makeup routine and the product I have stuck with the longest. It might be the love of my makeup life. I have the next lighter shade, Finland, which will work for the next month or so while I'm at my palest but I fully plan to repurchase Alaska in the spring/summer.
Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Lip - I don't use this for lip wrinkles as advertised. It's just a good lip exfoliator for me and I already have a backup.
Dr. Dennis Gross Clinical Hydration Booster - I do enjoy adding this to my moisturizer and am considering repurchasing. For now I'm experimenting with layering a lighter moisturizer (like the PTR cloud cream or Drunk Elephant B-Hydra) under my cream moisturizer.
Peter Thomas Roth Cloud Cream: I like this but used it up too fast to form a full opinion. I'm intrigued though and plan to check out the Cloud Serum next since this is similar in texture to the Drunk Elephant B-Hydra, which I just purchased a full size of.
Murad Hydro Dynamic Moisturizer (2): Basic, but effective for my dry skin. I plan to repurchase either this or Drunk Elephant Lala retro.
LXMI cream - I thought I could only use this on very dry, flaky spots but lately I've been using it all over. I have another sample size that I'm going to continue using.
La Mer Treatment Lotion - This feels nice going on and I really like the texture of it. It's gentle but hydrating under my moisturizer. I'm going to purchase another mini (if I can find one) to try it out a bit longer.
Fresh Rose Cream - not moisturizing enough and I didn't care for the strong scent.
I love the NARS tinted moisturizer! I also wear Alaska for most of the year, but since I moved to a less sunny locale I now need a lighter shade in the winter months. Thanks for the heads-up that Finland works for you...I'll take a look at it!
Here are my empties for February. Somehow I think I managed to use up even more than last month.
Smashbox - Photo Finish Foundation Primer
Ren - Evercalm Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask
Origins - GinZing Refreshing eye cream
Peter Thomas Roth - Irish Moor Mud mask
Urban Decay - Multi-Purpose Primer pen in Ozone
Peter Thomas Roth - Blue Marine Algae Mask
fresh - Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment
hey Honey - Relax! Propolis & Honey Soothing Cream
Lorac - Highlighter in Moonlight
Sephora Collection - Waterproof eye makeup remover
fresh - Soy Face cleanser
Tarte - LipSurgence lip gloss in Magic
fresh - Soy Face Cleansing Milk
Too Faced - Glitter Glue
Peter Thomas Roth - Rose Stem Cell Mask
Peter Thomas Roth - Cucumber Gel Mask
Dermalogica - Skin smoothing cream
Urban Decay - Pore Perfecting complexion Primer Potion
Josie Maran - Whipped Argan Oil in Sweet Citrus
Soylicious Lip Balm in French Vanilla
Harvey Prince - body cream in Sincerely
fresh - Umbrian Clay Purifying Treatment bar
Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer Water
Harvey Prince - eau de parfum in Signature
amika - Silken Up Dry Conditioner
Lorac - Light Source 3-in-1 primer
belif - The true cream aqua bomb
Ole Henriksen - Pure Truth Melting Cleanser
Farnacy - Firming Night Balm
Lush - Imperialis
Ole Henriksen - Sheer Transformation
skyn - Icelandic Relief Eye Cream
skyn - Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels
Harvey Prince - eau de parfum in Perfumista
Lancer - The Method: Polish
Ole Henriksen - Walnut Complexion Scrub
Boscia - Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder
I'm really impressed by the number of lip products you managed to use up! (Also, love that all your dislikes are exfoliants - not my favorite product in general either).
I used up quite a bit this month - lots of full size and deluxe size
Loves - definitely a repurchase
Likes - enjoyed using, would consider repurchasing
Okay - wouldn't repurchase but didn't dislike the product
Ohhhhh the satisfaction of empties!
I love this thread!
-Hand Chemistry lotion
-Nugg hydrating face mask
-Lush Honey Trap lip balm
2nd row-I liked these products and would purchase again.
-Yes to Coconut Ultra Hydrating Facial Souffle Moisturizer
-Yes to Coconut Ultra Hydrating Overnight Eye Balm
-Acure day cream
-Kate Somerville Goat Milk cleanser
-Sunday Riley Tidal
3rd row-I won't repurchase these products.
-Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Hydra-Gel eye patches (these felt nice but, there's not enough serum in the jar to keep them moist before the whole jar can be used)
-Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy Boosting face mask
(this makes my skin feel soft, but I don't think it's worth $62 for a jar)
For the most part I enjoyed using everything pictured except for the Boscia exfoliating peel gel. It has a watery consistency and really didn't do much for my skin. The Amore Pacific treatment cleansing foam worked well to remove makeup but has a very strong scent.
WEll, here's this weeks sample expenditure from the hotel. Haha, so I kinda got drunk at our party and stumbled in and decided to do a face mask. Yeah, I didn't take my makeup off when I did it so I can't really tell you how it went. My face didn't break out or anything...and I'm sure it appreciated the extra moisture.😅😅 I've been reviewing stuff in the sample challenge thread.
January and February empties, I decided to go back to every two months since I noticed I was rushing through products not actually enjoying them or not being to form a proper opinion.
Loved. Will repurchase:
Neutral on, would give another go:
Not for me and very underwhelming:
Great empties. It'll be something like 3 months for me by the time I finally post (eep) but in my case because I've been lazy about putting together a write up and photographing things. I LOVE Buxom glosses. And was neutral on Brigeo Don't Despair Repair myself. So many better hair masks out there for dry/damaged hair.