Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

i'm going hard on my use it before opening something kick!!

Haha, that's how I decided to get around not buying stuff!  I still get to buy it but I have to sit on it til a coupke things are used up':) 

IMG_2503.JPG

Smaller empties month for me:

Loved:

Macadamia Deep Repair Masque

ABH Clear Brow Gel

Liked/Ok:

Simple Cleansing Wipes x 2

Buxom Mascara

Dermalogica Active Moist Face Moisturizer

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Sephora Professional Kabuki brush (the natural hair fibers are scratchy now)

Hated:

Ulta liquid eye liner

Eylure Lashfix adhesive

Stila lip glaze (Throwing this away full because that's how much I hate it... not only do I really dislike sticky lipglosses, but this one arrived cracked in a goodie bag and I've been trying to salvage it but it's just not worth it. It's been making everything else around it sticky! Yuck!)

Foam applicator (Got this when experimenting with liquid foundation application methods. Thank god I found the beauty blender)

Had to laugh at your Stila lip glaze review.  I barely wear mine as well, because they are so sticky.

Ha, I'm on the fence with the stila gloss as well.  I use it only when I'm doing peels or whitening my teeth.  Things that could make my lips dry. If it''so cracked then it's trash cause it's not that great a product.  Makes me wish there were a teenage girl in the house.

I have this same packet of Macadamia Masque, I really need to try it!! Nice empties this month!

Same here.  It will make it into the August empties edition.

Why is it so fun to look at every one else's empty? 🙂 Can't help  but click on this thread!

It's disturbingly fun to collect empties as well.  

Hi there! *waves*

Coming back to visit for empties time 🙂 Absolutely huge month for empties for me, my Sephora bag was literally overflowing.

July2014.1.JPG

Skincare:

Simple Oil Balancing Cleansing Wipes- very nice, but I have found paraben-free options I equally

Le Couvent Des Minimes 3-in-1 Micellar Water with 3 Beneficial Roses- LOVE the scent of this, excellent product and reasonably priced (about $17). Will definitely keep in my rotation.

Swisspers Cotton Rounds

Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Cream Cleanser- IN LOVE WITH. Unfortunately, price is ridiculous so I will have to stick with getting this in GWPs.

REN Radiance Perfection Serum- my second deluxe sample, really enjoyed. Smells like raw pumpkin, really brightened my face. I like Lancome Genifique better though.

Dr. Brandt XXY Dual Fusion Water- good product but I prefer lesser expensive options

Kate Somerville Exfolikate- LOVED. Too expensive for me though.

Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Gel- very very drying on my skin, hated the feeling of the gel.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo- this has officially replaced my HG DDF Benzoyl Peroxide. The LRP version has a stronger percentage (5.5%), is much less expensive and has a better texture that absorbs. The DDF version tends to pill up on my skin a few hours later. Have already purchase a full-size 🙂

Lancome Dreamtone Serum- really loved, may add to my regimen

Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil- thought this was very comparable to high end cleansing oils!

July2014.2.JPGMakeup/Perfume:

Urban Decay De-Slick XL- WOAH that took forever to use up. Use daily, Holy Grail item 🙂 Had a backup waiting.

NARS Sheer Matte Foundation- sadly not an empty but a throw away. Went to get it out of my stash after putting it away a few months and found that the cap had partially corroded away and the foundation had dried out. Won't repurchase, it was ok but very drying and acne-causing on my skin. Loved the light coverage and initial look though.

Laura Mercier Mineral Powder- HG powder foundation, one of the rare foundations I've found that I can wear for 13+ hours at work and not have a resulting breakout from. Love the soft glow this gives to your skin, very natural looking. Had a backup waiting!

Mineralogie Cream Concealer- very nice, great color match on me. Great for under-eye and blemishes. Very hard brand to get a hold of though.

Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara- very nice, repurchased the waterproof version

Chanel Le Volume De Chanel- very nice volumizing mascara

Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey- LOVE, own the full size

Bare Minerals BareSkin Serum Foundation- loved and purchased

Korres Anti-Aging Primer- made my skin shiny

Fresh Life EDP- LOVED the scent but this stuff disappears ridiculously fast for an EDP

July2014.4.JPGHair:

Organix Australian Tea Tree Shampoo- hoped this might be a dupe for the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo, but nothing can beat PM 🙂

Suave 2-Minute Recovery Deep Condition- have had this forever and wanted to use up. Despite the cheap price tag, this stuff was actually pretty decent!

2 Stage Moisture Miracle Mask & Serum- something else I've had around forever. Hair was not happy with.

Madison Reed Nourishing Color Enhancer Shampoo & Conditioner- don't have color treated hair, but this stuff was ok

L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm- too heavy

DevaCurl One Condition- it was ok, won't repurchase

July2014.3.JPG

Everything Else!

Wild Apple Daffodil Shower Gel- very nice scent

Garden Strawberries Foaming Hand Soap- looovee the scent

Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter- love the scent, a little too moisturizing for me, left my skin a little greasy

Vitafusion Multi-Vites- yes vitamins are in my empties. These taste amazing and I 100% recommend if anyone is interested in gummy vitamins (you know you are 😉 )

Cotton Blossom Wallflower

Ulta Fresh Lilac Lotion- lovely scent

Ayres Body Butter in Patagonia- OH EM GEE. This is hands down the best body butter I have ever used. Melts right in to your skin and is super silky. I wasn't 100% on this scent but would definitely repurchase in a different scent. Sad that this stuff is pretty expensive but I think it is worth it!

I am close to finishing a few items, so I am going to push off my post for a bit.  

Look at you.  I love how much you used up this month.  

I am actually in the market for a new vitamin.  Between 9 months of pregnancy and almost three years of breasfeeding, I have been taking prenatals for way too long.  I stopped breastfeeding over two months ago, so I want to switch to a regular multivitamin once my current ones are gone.  A chewy one seems interesting.  I hate the taste of vitamins, and I am having a hard time finding a coated one (like my prenatals).  

I got a sample of that Body Shop body butter.  When you said it was too moisturizing, I perked up. I cannot wait to try the sample now.  I had a coconut one a while back, but I only used it on my hands.  The scent was a little too strong for all over my body.

I see you started cutting open items.  I am doing that too.  I've already got a lot of extra use out of things I thought were empty.  

Definitely try the gummy vitamins, they are delicious! I know they make prenatal vitamins as well 🙂

The Body Shop's Cocoa Butter smells absolutely delicious. I really love the cocoa butter scrub. My skin doesn't need a huge amount of hydration so products like this tend to be a little too hydrating for me, but I've heard others rave about this product 🙂

I couldn't believe how much product I was leaving in packaging until I started cutting things open! I think I got another 3 uses out of the Estee Lauder face wash and another 2 out of the Exfolikate!

image.jpg

Empties!

I've already repurchased all four bottles since these are all staples for me. I've raved about Nonie of Beverly Hills Moisturizer and Body Lotion in other threads - I just love it. 

The Algenist gel moisturizer sample was OK, but nothing I felt compelled to buy. 

Ever since I started reading these posts last week I started getting empties like crazy! (Or I just always did and I never noticed.) It IS annoying to run out of expensive stuff all at the same time though.

I was going to wait until the end of the month to post them all at once but I'm strangely excited to start posting them already? Haha. I'll probably take pictures tomorrow.

I tried the It's a 10. It has only been one day, so it is far from empty. It makes my hair look and feel nicer than usual, so I am a fan. The only con is it does not detangle as much as my current leave in, which is a big deal to me. My hair tangles so easily and falls out in patches when the tangles get bad.071114.jpg

Which leave in treatments have you tried so far? I'm always on the search for something new and better…and it's a 10 does nothing for me at all. I use a leave in spray every time I wash my hair, so its a big deal!

This is the one I've been using for years.  I bought it originally when my older son first started getting longer hair.  I get it from my son's hair salon, but you can buy it online as well.  The stylist suggested I use it too, and I did.  It detangles very well, so I keep getting it.  My hair looked better with the It's a 10, but it barely detangled at all.

Screen Shot 2014-08-02 at 10.42.05 PM.png

Anonymous Insider

Hair envy.

It rarely looks like that.  I promise.

I think your hair looks amazing!

Thank you.  It is usually a hot mess, so I was happy.

1 Reply
testing