I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
This is my January & February empties. I can’t believe I used this much stuff up. Most of the skincare stuff is samples but it still counts!!! I’m moving at the end of April and I’m trying to use up all the excess stuff.
Loved, would repurchase or already have:
La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5
La Roche Posay Cicaplast Epidermal Recovery Accelerator
MD Formulations Moisture Defense Antioxidant Hydrating Gel
Peter Thomas Roth Firmx Peeling Gel
ScarAway Silicone Gel Scar Treatment
Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream
Prescription Retinoid (one tube took be almost 8 months, the only reason I went through the second so fast was because I had some sun damage on my chest & back)
Alpha Hydrox Spot Targeting Skin Lightener (would only repurchase if the sunspots came back or got new ones)
Meehh, a maybe repurchase:
Ole Henrikson Sheer Transformation
Urban Decay All Nighter Spray
Glam Glow Super Mud Clearing Mask
Not for me, wouldn’t repurchase:
Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller (didn’t use up, hated it & just tossing it)
Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Foam Wash
Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 35
Boscia Luminizing Black Mask
Kate Somerville ExfoliKate
Paula’s Choice Clinical Scar-Reducing Treatment
Glam Glow BrightMud Eye Treatment
Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion
Nude ProGenius Treatment Oil
Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Wash
Vichy Laboratoires Purete Thermale One Step Cleanser
Institut Esthederm Osmoclean Gentle Deep Pore Cleanser
Loved, would repurchase or already have:
Batiste Dry Shampoo in Cherry
Alterna Bamboo Smoot Kendi Dry Hair Oil
Lavanila Deodorant Mini
Now Foods Shea Butter
Meehh, a maybe repurchase: (trying to switch back to natural & paraben free body care)
Dermadoctor KP Duty Body Exfoliator
Bliss High Intensity 24- Heaven Body Butter
Soap & Glory Clean on Me Shower Gel
Not for me, wouldn’t repurchase:
Dr. Teal’s Epsom Salt in Lavender
Dr. Teal’s Foaming Bath in Lavender
Neutrogena Rainbath in Pear & Green Tea
Gold Bond Ultimate Restoring Body Lotion with CQ10
Malibu Tan Hemp Self-Tanning Lotion
Now Foods Vitamin E Lotion
Now Foods Vitamin D3 lotion
Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Reconstructing Treatment
Nexus Humectress Hydrating Deep Conditioner
Macadamia Deep Mask Treatment
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
Soap & Glory the Righteous Butter Lotion
Soap & Glory Heel Genius
Soap & Glory Hand Food
Sample: Cartier Declaration
Sample: Ralph Lauren Romance
Sample: Jack Black Cool Moisture Body Lotion
Sample: Michael Kors Perfume Set
Since it's officially the end of the month, here are my EMPTIES!!!!! I did some damage in the foil packets this month! So proud of myself
Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter (50ml) would repurchase, but using up other stuff first
Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter (10ml foil packet) see above
First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads (28 pads) Already repurchased!
Dove Clinical Protection (1.7oz) Would repurchase but using other stuff first. Worked very well.
Ole Henriksen Truth to go wipes (10 wipes) LOVED the smell, did a good job removing makeup. Not a fan of the price
First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser (2 oz) Loved loved loved this! I have a few more samples that I'm trying to finish a few samples, but I'm going to definitely go back to this.
Soap & Glory Glad Hair Day Shampoo (50ml) Loved the smell of this. It was kind of drying, but that's ok because I have super oily hair. Haven't repurchased yet, because I'm finishing other stuff, but I definitely would.
Calvin Klein Euphoria (0.4oz sample) LOVE this is one of my favorite scents, i own a full size already
Ole Henriksen Vitamin C brightening serum (foil packet x2) LOVE this stuff! I have more samples that I'm finishing up, but I'm definitely gonna purchase a full size. Great smell, very moisturizing!
YSL All-in0one BB Cream skintone perfector in medium (1ml foil packet): the color was way off, but I tried it anyways, it felt very light on the skin, very good coverage. I'll definitely try it out in the correct color and see how it works!
Clarins Double Serum [hydric + Lipidic system] (foil packet) I LOVED LOVED LOVED this stuff, however at $85/oz I don't think I could ever pull the trigger. It made my face feel amazing and very hydrated.
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 styling treatment (10ml foil packet): new HG. Love this! smells amazing, makes my hair feel amazing! already purchased full size!
Argan Oil from Morocco (1.75 oz packet): Loved this stuff. Smells amazing, made my hair feel soft and easy to brush
Murad Illuminating day Moisture SPF 30 PA+++ (0.9ml foil packet) Loved it! Very moisturizing. didn't break me out, A little bit of a white cast, but not as much as I thought
Generic Nessus Moisturizing Shampoo (16 oz) It was a shampoo, I didn't hate it, but did't love it.
Honey Mark Jacobs (sample card) this smelled nice, not enough to purchase though, i like Dot better.
bareMinerals prime time foundation primer (15ml) This was ok, very silicone feeling, i think it may have broken me out a bit. I have others I'm working on too.
Biolage Matrix Exquisite Oil Micro-oil shampoo and conditioner (10ml foil packet): I love the smell of Biolage
Tarte Park Ave Princess (sample card): this was a great bronzer, but I don't wear bronzers. If I did I would get this one as it was very nice and matte and didn't look muddy
Bumble and Bumble Surf Foam Wash Shampoo and Conditioner (7ml foil packets x2): shampoo is shampoo, I haven't really found any that have blown me away
Swispers 100% cotton rounds (100 count): Cotton rounds are cotton rounds. They all do the same thing to me
NUDE cellular renewal moisturiser (2ml foil packet) This was ok, very moisturizing. nothing super spectacular though
boscia BB cream Broad spectrum SPF 27 PA++ (0.088oz foil packet) the coverage was great, but the color was horrible for me. It was very thick, too much for summer time
Josie maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Light (1ml foil packet): This was ok, I didn't see that much of a difference between this and the regular Argan oil (which I love)
Matrix Biolage Aqua-Immersion Creme Masque (10ml packet): this didn't do anything super special. Just felt like a regular old conditioner. However I love the smell
Shiseido Ibuki refining moisturizer (1ml foil packet) This worked ok, a regular old moisturizer. I'd use it, but not sure if I'd actually purchase it
Amore Pacific Natural Protector SPF 30/PA+++ (1ml foil packet): another SPF, this was pretty good
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo and Conditioner (10ml foil packet): It washed and conditioned my hair. Nothing spectacular
Bamboo Smooth Anti-Frizz Shampoo and Conditioner (10ml foil packet): shampoo and conditioner, nothing special
Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner (9ml foil packet): Another shampoo and conditioner. nothing special
Not for me
bareMinerals Ready SPF 20 foundation (sample card in Medium beige) First off the color was too dark, but I applied it while I was home alone to try out the coverage and feeling. I didn't like it at all. Barely any coverage and felt thick on my skin.
bareMinerals Lash Domination Volumizing mascara (1.5ml sample) Hated this. It did nothing for me. A bit lengthening, no volume, and it flaked off.
bareMinerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener (sample) Hated this, very thin. No coverage. Wore off very easily.
Ole Henriksen Reparative anti-aging oil (1.5ml foil packet) I don't know if I got a bad sample, but I hated this. It smelled kind of fishy and I don't think it did anything special to my skin
Fresh Seaberry moisturizing face oil (1.5ml foil packet): I hated this! It smelled awful and did nothing for my skin.
Benefit Stay Flawless 15-hour Primer (sample pack): hated this! very thick, hard to work with, not good with blending
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden(foil packet): hated this. I feel like I wasted so much. The color was too intense and it went every where. You only need the tiniest amount, but it just gets everywhere and I don't think it held the color as well as the original Primer potion
L'Occitane Ultra Rich body cream (8ml foil packet) I didn't like this. The smell was good, but it was very greasy. It worked well on my feet, but awful on my hands and arms. I felt like a giant grease ball
Phyto Paris Apres-shampooing Conditioner (foil packet): This didn't do anything, my hair was hard to brush after using.
Perricone MD Photo Plasma Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (2ml foil packet): was very thick, I didn't think it sunk into my skin very well
Kellett moisturizing gel (3ml sample) hated this. IT was very sticky and did not moisturize at all
Loved: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Medium Brown (will repurchase)
FAB ultra repair cream x2 (already repurchased)
Josie Maran Argan Oil Illuminizer (using up some other stuff, but if I don't find an HG in those I'll go back to this one)
YSL Touche eclat in B50 Beige (Loved the feeling and coverage, but this was a WAY wrong shade. Need to try out in the correct shade)
Neutral: Honey Marc Jacobs
Biore pore strip
Philosophy Loveswept perfume
Algenist Advanced Anti-Aging Repairing Oil
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
Dislike: Korres Vitamin E Face Primer (felt too much like a moisturizer to me and didn't notice a difference with my makeup)
OH restorative anti-aging oil (I hated the smell and the orange tint it gave my face AND the sink)
Loved: Soap and Glory Clean on Me (HG, love love love it! Have multiple back ups, but trying to use up my minis and other half used bottles)
Neutral: Bare Minerals Stroke of light (Color was good, but it was very thin and didn't provide a lot of coverage)
Flora by Gucci (this was nice)
Dislike: SkinVie Age defying lotion (got from a birch box, weird smell, didn't do anything for me)
L'Occitan Amande Shower oil (This was too weird, I need suds in the shower!)
Loved: Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle (LOVE LOVE LOVE already have a backup this makes my ends stay so soft)
Neutral: Garnier Fructis Pure clean fortifying shampoo (it did the job it was meant to do and smelled nice)
Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil in Be loyal (Loved the smell, thinner than I thought it would be)
Boots Extracts Coconut body butter (LOVED the smell, but was just another random body butter to me)
Venus Razer (No idea why this was in my empty bag, but it was so it's in the pic )
LUSH Ice Blue soap (Love the smell. Love the icy feeling, but I love suds in the shower and this didn't give any )
Dislike: Bonne Bell Lip D'Votion (Thank goodness this is gone! Had it forever. Did nothing for me. Very sticky)
My empties from Jan/Feb-April. I wasn't planning on doing it for that long, I was just trying to see how long it would take me to fill up a large sephora bag.
This month I'm still focusing up on finishing body-care, because I have a LOT and I want to narrow it down to a smaller, more reasonable amount of products.
Bath & Body Works Shower Gels in Apple Blossom Citrus, Sea Island Cotton, Be Enchanted
DermOrganics Sample Kit- Shampoo, Intensive Hair Repair Masque and Leave In Treatment Argan Oil- smelled great but didn't do anything special for my hair
Fekkai Glossing Shampoo- love the smell of this and great shampoo
Gilchrist & Soames Body Lotion
Caldrea Body Wash in Coconut Fig Leaf- really like Caldrea's products! They smell fantastic
Bath & Body Works Dark Kiss Body Butter- was surprised how much I loved this body butter- thick texture almost like peanut butter, but goes onto the skin very nicely, no greasy residue.
Yankee Candle Wisteria Tart Melt
The Body Shop Grapefruit Body Scrub- very nice, had just enough grit to it, smells fantastic
Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Acne Treatment Cleanser- Incredibly drying, got 2/3 of the way through and it was destroying my skin so much that I finished using it as a body wash.
PRT Rose Stem Cell Mask- smelled great, didn't notice any change in my skin
Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Mascara- loved, huge fan of LM Mascara, makes your lashes look incredible and still natural
Lancome Definicils Mascara- also loved, must try in waterproof
Tarte Amazonian Clay Mascara- too dried out to form an opinion
Bare Minerals Lash Domination- HATED this brush, only used a few times before giving up
Tarte Maracuja C-brighter Eye Treatment- finally used up this full size eye cream, won't repurchase but it was ok
REN Micro Polish Cleanser
Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Oil Free Acne Treatment & Moisturizer- loved, will most likely repurchase
Craptons of perfume cards from Sephora
NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base- really liked!
Lancome Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate- oh em gee fell in love with this stuff. It's expensive but super easy to get in GWPs. Will eventually repurchase a full size if I run out of the deluxe GWP samples.
MUFE HD Pressed Powder- loved, kept some extra cards for traveling
Shiseido Cotton- I know this a loved favorite, but I won't be repurchasing. Prefer my cotton circles
Garnier Sensitive Skin Face Wipes- really liked! Paraben free too, which makes me a happy camper.
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB
UD E/S Primer Potion
PTR Oil-less Oil- this sat on top of my skin and refused to absorb
Mario Badescu Aloe Moisturizer- made face super shiny, looked terrible under foundation, didn't finish.
Mario Badescu Ceramide Eye Gel- sat on top of skin and refused to absorb. Bleh. Didn't finish.
The Balm Stainiac in Beauty Queen
Here are my July empties! I'm a bit behind and didn't go through as many foils cause work's been crazy.
Loves/HG items - will repurchase:
- Paul Mitchell Quick Slip styling cream
- Redken Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner: HG, makes my hair so soft
- Neutrogena makeup remover wipes
- Neutrogena Deep Clean face scrub
- Clinique Super Rescue moisturizer
- UD Naked Skin foundation 6.0
- UD Primer potion
- UD 24/7 eyeliner in Black Market
- Sephora body butter
- TF Better than sex mascara: I prefer the travel size, hard to use this size up before it starts clumping
- BBW Pure Paradise body wash
- Bee Kind body lotion
- Paul Mitchell Hair Rescue Treatment: took me forever to use this up, I liked it at first but I think I'll buy something else next time
- Yes to carrots body butter: not moisturizing enough
- Boscia black cleanser: makes my eyes burn when I rinse
- Pearl souffle shaving cream: was super silky but definitely overpriced
- Stila 10-in-1 BB cream: made me super greasy
- Blinc mascara: ok at first, trying to put on a second coat was a total nightmare, not good after second week
- MUFE Smoky Extravagant mascara: spider-lash-city, threw out after first use
- Alterna Bamboo volume shampoo and conditioner: horrible tangles, conditioner did nothing, never again
- BB Hairdresser's Invisible Oil shampoo and conditioner: too heavy for my fine hair, smells great though
I cannot agree more of the MUFE mascara. Unlike you, I tried to use it for a while. In retrospect, I should have tossed it after the first use. It is not like I do not have 40 more unopened mascaras. Thanks for the tip on getting the smaller size Better than Sex mascara. I am going to try that next or just after Babydoll. I never use a full tube of mascara, so I prefer buying kits with smaller sizes or using sample sizes.
Dove intensive repair shampoo and conditioner
Dove deep moisture body wash
Vita liberata pHenomenal 2-3 week tan lotion
Maybelline age rewind dark circle eraser treatment in brightener
UD All nighter makeup setting spray
Liked/ Just ok:
Glam glow brightmud eye treatment
Benefit big easy
Sephora 10hr perfection foundation medium
Bliss triple oxygen+c energizing cream
Tory burch eau de parfum sample
Hourglass primer sample
Muji cut cotton pads
Clinique face scrub for men
Purity made simple mask
Murad wrinkle and pore refining treatment
Jergens BB body perfecting skin cream (just like any other lotion, not worth the $)
Phyto intense hydration shampoo
Phyto express conditioner
Marula cleansing lotion
Ulta brand foam applicator
Philosophy hope in a jar night
Philosophy hope in a jar
I was going to buy those Sephora masks and put them away when the SA had no clue that ordering promos were available in the store. I had been wanting to try that Bliss body balm. Thanks to your review, I will hold off.
Some summer empties
Loved everything here!
These are mostly items i will always repurchase
Loved everything except that terrible brush, that l'oreal mascara(super hyped, had to see what the fuss was all about..not for me) and the Bobbi Brown eye make up remover.
I can't believe I finally finished a chapstick!
Also my beauty blender turned ugly and all moldy
A few more favorites! I can't believe I finished a lipgloss! A full size one too! Nars Belize is a my lips but better w/ sparkles lip gloss for me
Dermalogica eye cream w/ spf: A gwp from Ulta, it was only a freebie because it was almost expired -.- Really Ulta!
Wasn't a fan of that aquafresh toothpaste but was only thing I could find at the drugstore when I ran out of mine while in Mexico.
A glade candle that started off great but had no scent by the end.
Loved everything here (except the awful strong smell of the karuna mask but the mask is effective)! I don't use any cotton besides the shiseido on my face. The Ulta ones I use to apply my prescription ingrown solution to my legs and underarms.
That Clarins lotion is good I've used others but so far this is the best one to day.
I tried those asian cottons as dupes for my shiseido ones... Not a dupe at all. They were gentle but not plush like the shiseido ones.
My September Empties:
- Redken Extreme Conditioner - makes my hair super silky. I've been working on this bottle for over 8 mo, and my hair hits low-mid back, so I love this size. Already have backups!
- Redken Align 12 Straightening lotion - I did like this product, but not as much as my Paul Mitchell Quick Slip. I wasn't crazy about the scent, but it did give my fine hair more substance vs Quick Slip. Quick Slip leaves my hair more silky. My 2nd day hair was a bit more greasy with Align 12 than usual but still doable.
- Onyx Professional Moisturizing Nail polish remover - very effective
- Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara - use this as my casual day mascara or layer BTS or Perversion mascara on top for going out.
- Neutrogena makeup wipes - I think these have been in every empties picture so far...
- BBW Honolulu Sun and Perfect Beach Day
- UD 24/7 Liners in Perversion, West, and Demolition
- Studio 35 Beauty cotton rounds - eh, just ok. Not as soft as I was hoping. Better for nail polish removal vs applying toner.
- Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque - I liked the scent, package was $4, and I got 4 weeks at 1x/wk use, so I think thats pretty good. Wouldn't say its the best hair mask out there, but definitely better than some others I've tried like Paul Mitchell Hair Rescue Treatment
- Bliss 24-'heaven' body butter - smell was slightly medicinal, and left my legs uber moisturized, almost greasy. If I crossed my legs in shorts/skirt, they would slide. Maybe better in the winter when my skin is dry.
- Clinique Superprimer - ok, I prefer HG Mineral Primer
- Dermadoctor KP duty - moisturizing, but can't tell if it reduced my KP after one use :/
- Ulta Enriched Nail polish remover - ok, not as good as Onyx
- Clinique Step 3 Clarifying Lotion - works ok, doesn't make me too dry if I use once a day. I think it's helped improve my skin. May try Murad's toner next to compare.
- Essie Good to Go top coat - Dries quickly so I can go about my day but chips within 2-3 days. And got kinda gunky, but I did have it for close to a year.
- BBW Oahu Coconut Sunset body wash - Like these body washes, coconut isn't my fav scent but I did enjoy it during the summer.
- Amazing Cosmetics concealer in Med Beige - I had this on my loves on another Empties post this summer but I decided I didn't like the texture so much. It covered acne/scars pretty well, but it is pretty thick and hard to make it look natural. May try Cover FX next.
- Dior Pore Minimizer - I don't like the silicone feel of this primer, similar to Smashbox's.
- Revealed 2 Mini Palette - colors didn't blend well, and were pink/maroon, which I know are in now, but doesn't look good with my skin tone.
- Bare Minerals Lash Domination - not a fan
- TF Shadow Insurance - was looking forward to trying this and got it in a TSB but the foil was opened and dried out Guess I should've checked.
- Tarte Amazonian clay blush in dollface - ehh, wouldn't show up on my skin tone when applied lightly and then started to look clown-like when I tried to build it up.
- Dr. Jart+ Pore Minimalist mask - kept sliding off my face. Literally had to sit there for 15-20 min holding it on or looking straight ahead. Face wasn't dramatically different afterward, but may need to be repeated over time before seeing results. Pass due to difficulty with application.
- Freeman Facial Polishing Mask Charcoal and Black Sugar - I liked the idea of this mask, but my face would break out a bit after use. Maybe the mask was pulling the impurities to the surface, but I didn't see enough improvement to justify breakouts. Also, after a month or so of use, the lid wouldn't snap closed so it got waterlogged in my shower and was slimy and prob growing something so I chucked the remainder.
I love Dollface, but it is light. I can see it not showing initially on your beautiful skin tone.
I laughed at your description of your legs sliding, because I hate dry skin but also hate when the moisturizer never really "sets" and skin slides. I know exactly what you mean.
I realized I can't keep my empties anymore! It stresses me out to have it just sitting around >_<
But I did FINALLY go through a travel size of an ojon shampoo, mean while I went through a liter of conditioner , curly girl hair and all that. I know I've been through some OH truth serum sample packs as well I love that stuff!