I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Interesting, since I've been looking at buying a double pack containing Power Mud and Thirsty Mudd. What exactly does the power mud do for your skin? Sorry if this has been asked a zillion times before; I'm new to the brand ...
I have finally decided to retire my first Guerlain lipstick. I realized it's probably older that some of the people on BT and thus probably time to go. I haven't used it in ages (years) but it was my first 'posh' lipstick and held some sentimental value. It's a great red-brick colour that's probably fashionable again.
A few years ago (before I got back into makeup), I had to retire some really old Lancome and Estee Lauder lipsticks. I also had to let the custom one (my MUA artist made her own) that I got for my wedding go. That was so hard, because I loved the color. Some of my Lancome and Estee lippies were older than people on the boards, as well.
I realized I can't keep my empties anymore! It stresses me out to have it just sitting around >_<
But I did FINALLY go through a travel size of an ojon shampoo, mean while I went through a liter of conditioner , curly girl hair and all that. I know I've been through some OH truth serum sample packs as well I love that stuff!
My September Empties:
- Redken Extreme Conditioner - makes my hair super silky. I've been working on this bottle for over 8 mo, and my hair hits low-mid back, so I love this size. Already have backups!
- Redken Align 12 Straightening lotion - I did like this product, but not as much as my Paul Mitchell Quick Slip. I wasn't crazy about the scent, but it did give my fine hair more substance vs Quick Slip. Quick Slip leaves my hair more silky. My 2nd day hair was a bit more greasy with Align 12 than usual but still doable.
- Onyx Professional Moisturizing Nail polish remover - very effective
- Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara - use this as my casual day mascara or layer BTS or Perversion mascara on top for going out.
- Neutrogena makeup wipes - I think these have been in every empties picture so far...
- BBW Honolulu Sun and Perfect Beach Day
- UD 24/7 Liners in Perversion, West, and Demolition
- Studio 35 Beauty cotton rounds - eh, just ok. Not as soft as I was hoping. Better for nail polish removal vs applying toner.
- Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque - I liked the scent, package was $4, and I got 4 weeks at 1x/wk use, so I think thats pretty good. Wouldn't say its the best hair mask out there, but definitely better than some others I've tried like Paul Mitchell Hair Rescue Treatment
- Bliss 24-'heaven' body butter - smell was slightly medicinal, and left my legs uber moisturized, almost greasy. If I crossed my legs in shorts/skirt, they would slide. Maybe better in the winter when my skin is dry.
- Clinique Superprimer - ok, I prefer HG Mineral Primer
- Dermadoctor KP duty - moisturizing, but can't tell if it reduced my KP after one use :/
- Ulta Enriched Nail polish remover - ok, not as good as Onyx
- Clinique Step 3 Clarifying Lotion - works ok, doesn't make me too dry if I use once a day. I think it's helped improve my skin. May try Murad's toner next to compare.
- Essie Good to Go top coat - Dries quickly so I can go about my day but chips within 2-3 days. And got kinda gunky, but I did have it for close to a year.
- BBW Oahu Coconut Sunset body wash - Like these body washes, coconut isn't my fav scent but I did enjoy it during the summer.
- Amazing Cosmetics concealer in Med Beige - I had this on my loves on another Empties post this summer but I decided I didn't like the texture so much. It covered acne/scars pretty well, but it is pretty thick and hard to make it look natural. May try Cover FX next.
- Dior Pore Minimizer - I don't like the silicone feel of this primer, similar to Smashbox's.
- Revealed 2 Mini Palette - colors didn't blend well, and were pink/maroon, which I know are in now, but doesn't look good with my skin tone.
- Bare Minerals Lash Domination - not a fan
- TF Shadow Insurance - was looking forward to trying this and got it in a TSB but the foil was opened and dried out Guess I should've checked.
- Tarte Amazonian clay blush in dollface - ehh, wouldn't show up on my skin tone when applied lightly and then started to look clown-like when I tried to build it up.
- Dr. Jart+ Pore Minimalist mask - kept sliding off my face. Literally had to sit there for 15-20 min holding it on or looking straight ahead. Face wasn't dramatically different afterward, but may need to be repeated over time before seeing results. Pass due to difficulty with application.
- Freeman Facial Polishing Mask Charcoal and Black Sugar - I liked the idea of this mask, but my face would break out a bit after use. Maybe the mask was pulling the impurities to the surface, but I didn't see enough improvement to justify breakouts. Also, after a month or so of use, the lid wouldn't snap closed so it got waterlogged in my shower and was slimy and prob growing something so I chucked the remainder.
I love Dollface, but it is light. I can see it not showing initially on your beautiful skin tone.
I laughed at your description of your legs sliding, because I hate dry skin but also hate when the moisturizer never really "sets" and skin slides. I know exactly what you mean.
Some summer empties
Loved everything here!
These are mostly items i will always repurchase
Loved everything except that terrible brush, that l'oreal mascara(super hyped, had to see what the fuss was all about..not for me) and the Bobbi Brown eye make up remover.
I can't believe I finally finished a chapstick!
Also my beauty blender turned ugly and all moldy
A few more favorites! I can't believe I finished a lipgloss! A full size one too! Nars Belize is a my lips but better w/ sparkles lip gloss for me
Dermalogica eye cream w/ spf: A gwp from Ulta, it was only a freebie because it was almost expired -.- Really Ulta!
Wasn't a fan of that aquafresh toothpaste but was only thing I could find at the drugstore when I ran out of mine while in Mexico.
A glade candle that started off great but had no scent by the end.
Loved everything here (except the awful strong smell of the karuna mask but the mask is effective)! I don't use any cotton besides the shiseido on my face. The Ulta ones I use to apply my prescription ingrown solution to my legs and underarms.
That Clarins lotion is good I've used others but so far this is the best one to day.
I tried those asian cottons as dupes for my shiseido ones... Not a dupe at all. They were gentle but not plush like the shiseido ones.
I was going to buy those Sephora masks and put them away when the SA had no clue that ordering promos were available in the store. I had been wanting to try that Bliss body balm. Thanks to your review, I will hold off.
Dove intensive repair shampoo and conditioner
Dove deep moisture body wash
Vita liberata pHenomenal 2-3 week tan lotion
Maybelline age rewind dark circle eraser treatment in brightener
UD All nighter makeup setting spray
Liked/ Just ok:
Glam glow brightmud eye treatment
Benefit big easy
Sephora 10hr perfection foundation medium
Bliss triple oxygen+c energizing cream
Tory burch eau de parfum sample
Hourglass primer sample
Muji cut cotton pads
Clinique face scrub for men
Purity made simple mask
Murad wrinkle and pore refining treatment
Jergens BB body perfecting skin cream (just like any other lotion, not worth the $)
Phyto intense hydration shampoo
Phyto express conditioner
Marula cleansing lotion
Ulta brand foam applicator
Philosophy hope in a jar night
Philosophy hope in a jar
Here are my July empties! I'm a bit behind and didn't go through as many foils cause work's been crazy.
Loves/HG items - will repurchase:
- Paul Mitchell Quick Slip styling cream
- Redken Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner: HG, makes my hair so soft
- Neutrogena makeup remover wipes
- Neutrogena Deep Clean face scrub
- Clinique Super Rescue moisturizer
- UD Naked Skin foundation 6.0
- UD Primer potion
- UD 24/7 eyeliner in Black Market
- Sephora body butter
- TF Better than sex mascara: I prefer the travel size, hard to use this size up before it starts clumping
- BBW Pure Paradise body wash
- Bee Kind body lotion
- Paul Mitchell Hair Rescue Treatment: took me forever to use this up, I liked it at first but I think I'll buy something else next time
- Yes to carrots body butter: not moisturizing enough
- Boscia black cleanser: makes my eyes burn when I rinse
- Pearl souffle shaving cream: was super silky but definitely overpriced
- Stila 10-in-1 BB cream: made me super greasy
- Blinc mascara: ok at first, trying to put on a second coat was a total nightmare, not good after second week
- MUFE Smoky Extravagant mascara: spider-lash-city, threw out after first use
- Alterna Bamboo volume shampoo and conditioner: horrible tangles, conditioner did nothing, never again
- BB Hairdresser's Invisible Oil shampoo and conditioner: too heavy for my fine hair, smells great though
I cannot agree more of the MUFE mascara. Unlike you, I tried to use it for a while. In retrospect, I should have tossed it after the first use. It is not like I do not have 40 more unopened mascaras. Thanks for the tip on getting the smaller size Better than Sex mascara. I am going to try that next or just after Babydoll. I never use a full tube of mascara, so I prefer buying kits with smaller sizes or using sample sizes.
Bath & Body Works Shower Gels in Apple Blossom Citrus, Sea Island Cotton, Be Enchanted
DermOrganics Sample Kit- Shampoo, Intensive Hair Repair Masque and Leave In Treatment Argan Oil- smelled great but didn't do anything special for my hair
Fekkai Glossing Shampoo- love the smell of this and great shampoo
Gilchrist & Soames Body Lotion
Caldrea Body Wash in Coconut Fig Leaf- really like Caldrea's products! They smell fantastic
Bath & Body Works Dark Kiss Body Butter- was surprised how much I loved this body butter- thick texture almost like peanut butter, but goes onto the skin very nicely, no greasy residue.
Yankee Candle Wisteria Tart Melt
The Body Shop Grapefruit Body Scrub- very nice, had just enough grit to it, smells fantastic
Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Acne Treatment Cleanser- Incredibly drying, got 2/3 of the way through and it was destroying my skin so much that I finished using it as a body wash.
PRT Rose Stem Cell Mask- smelled great, didn't notice any change in my skin
Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Mascara- loved, huge fan of LM Mascara, makes your lashes look incredible and still natural
Lancome Definicils Mascara- also loved, must try in waterproof
Tarte Amazonian Clay Mascara- too dried out to form an opinion
Bare Minerals Lash Domination- HATED this brush, only used a few times before giving up
Tarte Maracuja C-brighter Eye Treatment- finally used up this full size eye cream, won't repurchase but it was ok
REN Micro Polish Cleanser
Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Oil Free Acne Treatment & Moisturizer- loved, will most likely repurchase
Craptons of perfume cards from Sephora
NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base- really liked!
Lancome Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate- oh em gee fell in love with this stuff. It's expensive but super easy to get in GWPs. Will eventually repurchase a full size if I run out of the deluxe GWP samples.
MUFE HD Pressed Powder- loved, kept some extra cards for traveling
Shiseido Cotton- I know this a loved favorite, but I won't be repurchasing. Prefer my cotton circles
Garnier Sensitive Skin Face Wipes- really liked! Paraben free too, which makes me a happy camper.
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB
UD E/S Primer Potion
PTR Oil-less Oil- this sat on top of my skin and refused to absorb
Mario Badescu Aloe Moisturizer- made face super shiny, looked terrible under foundation, didn't finish.
Mario Badescu Ceramide Eye Gel- sat on top of skin and refused to absorb. Bleh. Didn't finish.
The Balm Stainiac in Beauty Queen
My empties from Jan/Feb-April. I wasn't planning on doing it for that long, I was just trying to see how long it would take me to fill up a large sephora bag.
This month I'm still focusing up on finishing body-care, because I have a LOT and I want to narrow it down to a smaller, more reasonable amount of products.