Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I like the organix light oil. I like their blowout cream as well. Works just like Drybar for 1/3 of the price. 

Way to go on using it all. I like  to rotate my shower scents too. 

It's April 1st, so it's March empties time!!! *Happy Dance*

Edit: didn't notice until I posted the photo that HEY- there's crayzeeRN's toe in the bottom left corner!! Smiley Very Happy

Loved/Might Repurchase:

Anastasia Lash Genius- a HG item for me, this is my second, already have backups and am on my third Smiley Happy 

Caudlie Vinexpert Firming Serum- LOVED. Can't decide if I want to purchase this or try one of their other serums. Will probably go in store to try some samples.

Too Faced Better Than Sex- FABULOUS

Tresemme Platinum Strength Deep Conditioning Treatment- was very impressed with this considering the price! Might repurchase after my stash runs out.

Lancome Bi-Facil- Holy Grail.

The Body Shop Strawberry Body Polish- messy, but does the job and smells SOOOO GOOD.

L'Occitane Precious Eye Balm- HOLY GRAIL. Will definitely be repurchasing, my eyes have never looked so smooth or hydrated. Majorly decreased dark circles and undereye bags.

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner- OH DEAR GOD. My skin has absolutely never looked so clean. This also made trapped pores incredibly easy to get the junk out of. Definitely repurchasing.

Liked:

Paula's Choice Clear Pore Normalizing Cleanser

Simple Oil Balancing Cleansing Wipes- ok, but I prefer the original.

Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

Nia24 Physical Cleansing Scrub

Dr. Brandt Pores No More x2

Bliss That's Incredi-peel

L'Occitane Ultra Rich Facial Cream

Neutral:

Bamboo Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream- hands down, WEIRDEST PRODUCT EVER. This is not cream. Not even close. It's this weird, fermented apple smelling gritty thick paste. It's supposed to be exfoliating. No idea what possessed someone to name it a cleansing cream.

ELF Eyelid Primer- have had this forever, haven't used it in forever, time for it to GO!

Tarte Lash Primer

Yes to Grapefruit Brightening Facial Towelettes- stings eyes (they aren't supposed to touch your eyes, dumb me), but this adds an extra step for me in makeup removal. Didn't really notice any brightening effect.

Body Shop Tea Tree Blackhead Exfoliating Wash- bought this a while back before realizing it had apricot stones as its exfoliant. Used this extremely gently and not as an exfoliator.

Hourglass Mineral Primer Veil with SPF- didn't like the white cast it gave to my face

Nia24 Skin Strengthening Complex

Derma E Very Clear Spot Treatment

Hated/Disliked:

HealthySexyHair Conditioner- blech. My hair looked greasy and heavy very quickly after washing. Good riddance.

Boscia Black Luminizing Mask- all this did was wax my face- OW! I think this occasionally caused a whitehead or two as well.

Batiste Dry Shampoo- not the fondest of the smell, really didn't like how white this was on my dark brown hair. Difficult to use.

Murad Essential C Day Moisturizer- caused whiteheads, every time, which is why it isn't really "empty"

Pixi Lip Prime- have had forever, time to get rid of. Product sucks, clumpy.

Dermatologica Daily Microfoliant

Dermatologica Multivitamin Power Firm- ew. Greasy feeling, never actually soaked into my skin, just sat on top.

Sibu Sea Buckthorn Exfoliating Scrub- OUCH. I was gentle and this scrub hurt and caused flaky skin.

good job!!! 

p.s. i LOVE the toe in the corner!

Good work!!! I've been curious about the boscia black mask but from the way you describe it I think I'll pass!

Take my review with a grain of salt and check out the other reviews on Sephora or get a sample before you decide not to!! Skincare is so individualized and I would hate to scare you away from something that might work great for you but not at all for me!

hi I peeped a glance at the wallflower you had an empty of,I love those! My fave one is the sensual amber one from bath & Body Works my other fave scent from bath & body works is twilight woods. Smiley Happy just sharing faves from one bath and body fan to anther.  

also wild honeysuckle is good as well!

and sheer freesia lol

Sensual amber and Wild Honeysuckle are two of my favs too!

20140710_191444.jpgIt's a 10 Miracle leave-in plus keratin sample

opti fresh replenish

synergy organic and raw (vegan) gingerberry

UD Presssed finishing powder

Tarte eyelash primer

They're Real Mascara

UD primer potion

KVD tattoo liner

Lancome artliner

fakeup concealer

watts up highligher

boscia detoxifying black cleansar

simple protecting light misturizer with spf 15

clean and clear persa gel 10

up AND up cleansing towlettes

I had real bad acne for a while, they just kept coming, but once I went vegan it slowly started clearing up, but I also had the help of the boscia black cleansar and the persa gel. I would recommend these products as they worked for me and I will be repurchasing them again.

I do not recommend the towelettes in this picture, they have alcohol i thought they'd be a dupe for the simple cleansing towlettes but these just burn my skin so much, so no more of that. 

I love this light moisturizer, it leaves my skin feeling fresh and not so heavy, it's oil free as well, i will be repurchasing this.

The fakeup concealer was a hit with me, i used it all up and can't wait to buy the full size, also, the watt's up is a pretty highlighter but I won't be buying it again, since I have the mary loumanizer.

The it's a 10 sample was so great, it leaves a beautiful scent on your hair but it isn't overpowering, my hair also feels so soft, I love it. 

The tarte primer which is the white tube in this picture is awesome! I will be repurchasing this again once I run out of the lancome primer sample I got, which I'm still testing out.

As much as it pains to say this, I will not be repurchasing they're real mascara. I love the silver tube, I think it's so cute but honestly, if I'm going to pay that much for a mascara, I want to be wowed, and this didn't wow me. 

UD primer, it was fine for the 12 bucks I paid for it and it was a decent sized tube that lasted me forever, but I'm going to try and find a primer that makes my eyeshadow pop more. 

KVD tattoo liner - THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL, I always buy another before I ran out.

Lancome artliner, it's very beautiful but the felt tip is not what i'm looking for, i do however recommend it because it's just so pigmented. It's expensive though, I'll only buy it again if I have a discount.

And last but not least. I came across this kambucha drink. Synergy. My favorite flavor is gingerberry. It is gluten free, vegan, and non GMO. That whole bottle is only 35 calories and they only use organic ingredients. It has organic acids, aminos, and electrolytes. "With a unique blend of proprietary probiotics and powerful antioxidants, each bottle is designed to noursih your body from the inside out." 

This was a good find. 

I really want to bust open my It's a 10 now.

Lancome Artliner is one of the few Lancome products I've never owned.  I just never buy liquid liners.

Nice job! The Simple line is really interesting, especially considering the cost! I have really enjoyed their wipes, face wash and eye remover!

Kombucha! That's the first thing I saw. I'm currently drinking the Passionberry Bliss. Mmmmhh it's so good. I like most of the flavors. The green one I'm not too keen on. Hahha going off into a drink review...

Wow ladies, super glad I'm in this thread. I've been doing empties for over a year now and have never actually cut open my tube-type products to see what is left in them-- but after reading this thread today I decided to give it a try. I keep the items you can't recycle traditionally and drop them off at Origins a couple times a year, so I had some of my empties still. Opened three deluxe moisturizer samples- Philosophy Clear Days Ahead, Dr. Jart Ceramadin and Caudalie Sorbet and holy crap- I got enough out of the three of those to probably last a month!! Many thanks to those who talk about cutting open their tubes, never realized the large amount I was wasting!

Since being a part of this thread I'm trying to be more conscious of finishing a product. I recently wanted to finish my first chapstick...EVER! I'm having a hard time with this because for some reason I hit bottom on it a month ago. I never noticd but literally half of Fresh Sugar lip balm is inside the tube! It's always worth a shot right Smiley Wink

I just discovered that when I got to the (fake?) bottom of my fresh rose balm! I've been using a little lip brush to scoop the product out, hopefully will finish this one up this month too Smiley Happy Not that I don't have another 2-3 backups of the mini fresh rose... Smiley Very Happy

Same except mine is the full size! urghhhh I have the brush set right in front of it so I can scop it out! I really hope I finish it in time for Jule empties! lol

I have 2 other full size back ups plus 3 minis and the other 2 believe from the recent fresh promotion.

Balm for days!!! lol

This is my first time posting on this post thread.

These are all repurchased items.

empties-10-4-2014EDIT.jpg

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Paula's Choice item.  I've received a few samples from her but have yet to try anything.

@notcreative, this is the Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum. I like it a lot because sometimes serums can be too heavy for me and I have pretty sensitive skin, and this serum is lightweight and gives me no issues such as greasiness.

I also use her Skin Balancing Oil-Reducing Cleanser (for combo skin and skin with blemishes) and her Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant (which I use as a toner after cleansing). These two seem to have helped reduce the oiliness in my T-zone area.

I also like her Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Resistant Retinol Serum, which I use at night. The retinol serum is pretty weak in retinol but I don't mind because it's the first retinol product I've ever been able to use faithfully w/o it damaging my skin or causing major irritation. She just came out with a super-duper 1% retinol solution but if you read the reviews, it's super strong so that many people can't handle it (I'm afraid of it myself). The retinol serum I'm using now is in a neat twist-up pump that helps protect the contents inside.

I overlook her snarky reviews and like that her products are no-nonsense w/o unnecessary, unproven or irritating ingredients and are very reasonably priced. She has a 60-day return policy and I think if skin reactions occur after that point, she lets you exchange or get store credit (but wants to know about it--she always wants input to keep improving).

Thanks for the info.  I will definitely start trying one of her samples very soon.  I think I have at least one of the Resist serum samples among others.

1 Reply