Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

What’d You Buy? VIB Sale Spring 2018

I always like seeing people’s “tallies” during the sales of what they’ve just ordered. What have you ordered so far? I put in two separate orders because one was an aerosol that would slow down shipping. Heaven forbid! I also spent the rest of my points. I only have six measly points left. I used to be a severe points hoarder and had almost 10k saved at one time. It’s so weird seeing a single digit. Anyway, here are my orders so far:

Order #1D01DB113-B670-43BA-8D20-0D3E03347148.png

E88D9776-BC93-4504-ACAD-572C136E2574.png

Two Pat McGrath lipsticks (my first) and a mini size of a Boscia matte primer. 

Order #2

91A4A4A0-FE6D-485F-9DE6-8C8B9B7997F1.png

0CCDBBDE-ED15-42B8-A169-F6BF493A8A91.png

Sephora Perfection Mist Nude Glow - I have no idea how this will work but it looks pretty cool. You spray it on and it makes you look young and dewy. I’m in!!!

RE: What’d You Buy? VIB Sale Spring 2018

There’s a few more samples that you can’t see. Bought something I need (spf), something responsible (brush cleanser), something to try (charcoal mask), and a few treats (sheet masks). Can’t wait for tomorrow’s delivery 👏🏼👏🏼

Re: What’d You Buy? VIB Sale Spring 2018

I would have done a lot more damage if Sephora had the new Nars Erdem collection. But, I've been on a low-buy this year, so I only replaced a few essentials and got the Stila liquid eyeshadow, which I've been wanting to try.

CFD6C786-FE64-4C5E-B694-32B61BD8AD4B.jpeg

1A81840D-D5F1-4E72-BB21-EC107549C8E6.jpeg

@starsandbucks  Was the Urban Decay Side Eye Trio a points perk or a promo? If it was a promo, how did you get it to stack up with the discount code?

Also, curious to know what you spent your thousands of points on 😉

@Guessgal It’s a 500 points promo, so you just add it to your cart and don’t need a promo code for it. This is my second one. I cashed one in last week. I like this promo because it has a full-size mascara in it. 

When my points were at their highest I got really lucky and snagged one of the Elizabeth & James “epic rewards” and then at one point I cashed them in for a bunch of Caudalie 500 point boxes and a few months ago I got one of those $50 gift cards. Those are a few that I can remember! 🙂

@starsandbucks  Oh I see. I don’t think I saw the UD 500 perks in Canada so that explains it. But wow that’s a pretty good value since they have a full sized mascara in it! 😮

And what amazing perks you picked out! Definitely worth the points IMO. Score! 🙌🏻

Here’s what I bought. The Drunk Elephant are new items for me; I’ve never tried them before. The rest are all repurchases, although I haven’t had those shades in the Buxom or Hourglass before. 08AEB4FA-AE10-48D1-931A-955C93509277.jpeg

Aaaaaand I’ve had an allergic reaction to the CFirma, so I’m going to have to return it. 

@Beadshopgirl how is the Hourglass Foundation Stick?  I want to try it too, but I haven't had the chance to swatch it in store but I still want to buy it online lol

@mandeelah I love it! I’ve been using the shade Alabaster for the last year (I bought it last April sale), but this new Cream shade is perfect for me. It’s very pigmented and creamy, but I can get sheer coverage by applying it sparsely to a brush and using that on my face.  Then I go over it with a damp beauty blender. I also use it as concealer, using a small brush to cover blemishes or redness. For heavier coverage, I stamp it directly on my face from the tube and spread out with a brush. The foundation doesn’t really dry down, so you’ll have to set it with powder. I have dry skin, so I use the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil loose powder. One caveat is that it does not play nicely with flaky skin; it clings to and accentuates dry patches, so make sure you exfoliate and moisturize before applying. 

This is how much Alabaster I have left after an entire year of using it. It’s been the only foundation I’ve used all year except for B.B. creams. Granted I don’t use it for full coverage, but when I say a little goes a long way, here’s the proof:I’ve barely put a dent in it in a year!I’ve barely put a dent in it in a year!

@Beadshopgirl I should’ve posted this in my last comment, but what primer do you use prior to the foundation?

@mandeelah I always put on some facial oil prior to putting on makeup, because my skin is so dry. If I feel like I need some sort of primer, I use the Stila One Step Correct. 

Awesome, thanks!  I will have to try it out soon!  I’m still figuring out what to buy for the sale but this foundation could be one of them!

Some really great choices @Beadshopgirl!!

@Beadshopgirl I love C-Firma. I’ve used

three bottles so far. 

Great buys @Beadshopgirl! I've had a buxom lip gloss move in and out of my cart all last week. I really like Dr. Brandt PoreDermabrasion and they are one of those less-talked about brands these days.

@Aaliaa Do it! I fell in love with them after I bought the holiday set at Christmas. I actually prefer the non-sparkly lip creams over the lip polishes, but they’re practically all I use most days. 

With the lip creams, how minty/tingling is it @Beadshopgirl? I'm weird about testing lip products in-store

@Aaliaa I would never ever test them in store, lol! So gross! What’s weird is the first time I tried them, they seemed super strong to me, but now I don’t notice it a whole lot. Also the tingle doesn’t last as long anymore, which is fine with me. The very first time I applied one though, I think I told @unfungirl that my lips were on fire. It just takes a few applications to get used to, because now I find it pleasant. I used to love the Pout Beauty lip plumping glosses, and those ones were even stronger. 

@Beadshopgirl nice choices!! i am a big fan of the buxom glosses. i don't think the tingle is uncomfortable, unlike the too faced lip injection- that stuff is terrible!

Thanks @Beadshopgirl, I'm going in to Sephora today so I'll check them out.

Great choices, @Beadshopgirl! Have fun trying your new Drunk Elephant skincare!

Conversation Stats
Photos57
  • E88D9776-BC93-4504-ACAD-572C136E2574.png
  • D01DB113-B670-43BA-8D20-0D3E03347148.png
  • 0CCDBBDE-ED15-42B8-A169-F6BF493A8A91.png
  • 91A4A4A0-FE6D-485F-9DE6-8C8B9B7997F1.png
  • VIB-Spring18.PNG
  • Bought this morning and it shipped already!
  • Bought in store today to get the card case- Uber cute!
  • Sale1.png
  • 11859B4D-2152-418F-B1AA-2EDD5021DDE1.png
  • FE2A6D7D-E80E-4D1C-A907-938BA1305461.png
  • BC121CB0-A59E-4464-B08F-A54A51756642.png
  • 556B6680-8CE8-40DE-9378-C2911776A029.png
testing