Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

It is.  They're so wee aren't they?  I'm blown away by this box, the total value on my $21 box is $156.58 including the $25 gift certificate.  

There were a lot of options for this box (15), so be sure to let us know what you get.  

I'm halfway tempted (somebody stop me) from ordering another box with my $25 gift certificate, because even at $40 it's still a great deal, and I'd get another $25 gift certificate -- so technically that box would only be $15. Must.stop.myself.

Oh wait, that one doesn't come with the gc.  STILL!

I cannot stop you.  A very nice BTer pm'd me and suggested I order a gift sub for $15, so I could get a second box.  This is my first Glossybox, so I did not even know that was a thing.  I paid $36 ($21+$15) and have 2 boxes coming.  Just last week, I got a post card from Saks Fifth Avenue to pick up an Absolue L'Extrait eye cream.  A couple weeks before that, I got one from Neiman Marcus, so I decided to pick them both up at the same time.  

I got one from Neiman Marcus, but Saks was out, so they gave me the face cream instead (which I had already tried in the past and found a little drying for my skin).  I have to say though that even though it is a little drying I love the smell and feel.  I just cannot use it exclusively in the winter.  The eye cream at .17 is worth $88.40 (which I have picked up before but will not try until I finish my current jar that is open), but even the face cream at $36 is pretty awesome.  I get the post cards from time to time, because I buy a LOT of Lancome and NEVER from Sephora (because they do not have any good GWP).

Tell me about it.  Did you take advantage of the one at Macy's with the tote and 6 piece GWP?  I tracked down the last Azur Chic palette on the East Coast at a Macy's a couple of miles from my house.  I ran to get it, but also wanted the Dramatic Eye Set (?), so I found myself at another Macy's -- getting another GWP.  Macy's for the win!  At first, I was disappointed that I couldn't order from their website and take advantage of the F&F sale, but then I realized, I'd be willing to pay $10 (or $9) for the tote and all those samples.  The little eye shadow palettes are adorable, and make the whole thing better than any $10 I've spent on Ipsy bags, for example.

I did not get the most recent Macy's GWP because I just went on a no buy, but I have done about 30 Lancome GWP in a little over a year and quite a few have been from Macy's.  My favorite was when I ordered my Dreamtone during their step up event.  I usually save my higher ticket items for the better department stores, since they have higher buy ins, but I love the step up promotions.  Did you see the GWP at Saks right now?  It has a full size Rouge in Love lipstick with a lovely Jason Wu bag.  Plus, a $75 buy in for a Saks GWP is low (considering the quality is higher).  Darn no buy.  

I did see that, but I don't need another **bleep** thing, and truthfully, I need to sit down for a minute, I've been shopping up a storm!  And, now I need to push the button on my BG cart before the gc expires.  Not a lot of time considering how late these boxes come in the month.  I'm still waiting for my husband's box to arrive -- I haven't even gotten the shipping notice on that one yet.

Yeah.  Order soon before everyone else gets their box in and the item you want goes out of stock.  That is what I fear will happen to me.  Good luck.  

I am just hoping to GET my box before the gift cards expire. I got 3 and the thing I really wanted is already out of stock so now I have a whole wishlist I made and have to choose from. I will be very displeased if I don't get them before or the day before the cards expire.

Things are going in and out of stock pretty quickly, so it is possible the thing you want may come back in stock by the time you place the order.  The lipstick I wanted came back in stock about an hour after I placed my order.  I do not even know why I checked, but I was bummed when I did.  Have you received your shipping confirmation yet?  I hope you do not get 3 of the exact same boxes.

If anyone is considering a Sample Society subscription, I just received the following email:

Oh, and I am really looking forward to this month's Birchbox.

They are sold out already of the sample society boxes. 

I just got the email!  If I wasn't on a no buy, I would have tried to get some myself.  Man, that was crazy fast.  

5 boxes for $25 0.0

I love seeing what everyone got in their subscription boxes!! I need to see more Sample Society (do I keep it?) and Glossybox (do I get it?) pics!

I forgot to get pic of my Sample Society (but it was the same as Notcreative's, so just look at her's twice).

Here's my June Birchbox, which I am liking so far... mostly. The Perlier is very effective and I would adore it - but I find its scent maddening!! And it will.not.go.away. Meanwhile, the fragrance is actually really nice (although I'm not a big fragrance person.) I plan to try the hair stuff this weekend.

And here's my June Ipsy. I actually love the NYX, even though I was afraid teh color would be too orange-y for me. I liked the eye liner at first, but more than half of it had worn off by after about 6-7 hours. The BB Cusion is actually pretty neat. I think I may like it! Smiley Happy

Were you shorted the extra sample too or did you get all of yours?  My replacement is due in today, so I hope it contains the missing one this time.

Oop - No it wasn't shorted. But the sample you were shorted is really tiny. (Because that matters?)

I cannot wait to see it now.  It will be crazy if I had them replace it and it arrives and is a one time use.  I had no idea how big it was going to be though, because I never saw it.  I am going to log into the other site to see if someone has a picture of the size there, because I am too impatient to wait another hour or so for mine to be delivered.

Literally just got my Sample Society box. I'm loving the revamp -- it was much needed. Even though I wish that I got a different color of the L'Oreal Colour Riche lipstick (it's too dark of a red for my taste) and probably won't use a metallic nail color, I'm excited to see that they are moving in the right direction with a better selection of products (and not primarily skincare). I also wanted to mention that the Maison Francis Kurkdijan fragrance developed interestingly...it first smelled like bug spray for about 15 mins, which was awful. However, when I came back to it, it's quite nice and elegant. Maybe it just can't be one I spritz on right before I head out the door...

I am excited about the revamp too.  After four facial moisturizers and 2 perfumes in the last box, it was time for a revamp.  That was just crazy.

My box is not scheduled to arrive until Friday, but I am hoping they get it here sooner.

This box has me wondering if I should re-up. Everything looks good.  Thanks for posting, I wanted to see a revamped box.  I still feel like they owe me for my three months I was subscribed, it was so bad.  

There was a rough patch there, but I hope this new trend continues...

Highlighted

My Ipsy + Glossybox came in today:

The only products I've tried so far are the Pixi tinted lip balm (what tint??) and the Bare Minerals BB cream eyeshadow -- by which I was pleasantly surprised! It goes on nice and though it's nude it's just a little shimmery, and it doesn't irritate my eyes at all like most cream shadows do. 

And the GRE books in the background also came in today. Smiley Tongue I left a PhD program last year and here I am, going for it again. Oh, I hope I know what I'm doing, lol. 

The Glossybox looks amazing! Can't wait to get mine. My Ipsy and Birchboxes this month weren't my favorites. Seeing this gives me hope. Good luck on your GRE!

Oh my gosh your glossybox came in already? Ah! So exciting!

Good luck on the GRE!! I take my boards in 4 months - I am having the same feelings Smiley Happy

Your Glossybox looks awesome! And it came so early - awesome!! Glad to hear you like the BM BB eyeshadow - I got that too, now I'm looking forward to trying it

This will be my last ipsy bag. Cheap bag, MORE BLACK EYELINER, basic lip balm. Meh. Over it.

3 Replies