Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Sephora Savings Event 2024 What didn’t you get?

The Sephora Savings Event 2024 is on right now for all members. I want to know what you didn’t purchase? This could be due to an out of stock notification, waiting for payday, saving money, etc. 

Re: Sephora Savings Event 2024 What didn’t you get?

Went back a couple times for a haul:

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner - Pillow Talk Collection Pillow Talk Intense & Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick Pillow Talk  I have wanted this combo for so long and now I can't stop wearing it. It's the perfect every day lip and it goes with everything.

Kosas Glow I.V. Vitamin-Infused Skin Illuminating Enhancer I've been wearing it under my normal makeup or on it's own and it gives off a great dewy & glowy look!

COLOR WOW Color Security Shampoo 8.4 oz/ 250 mL COLOR WOW Color Security Conditioner for Fine Hair 8.4 oz/ 250 mL  My go to, need to restock. Also bought the COLOR WOW Xtra Large Bombshell Volumizer and I love it! Gives my hair a nice wave which will be great to summer.

DIOR BACKSTAGE Glow Face Palette 001 Universal OMG. I'm obsessed with this palette. Had originally bought Charlotte Tilbury Highlighter Wand but it ended up being damaged. I kind of wanted a full face palette anyway and one of the Beauty Advisors recommended this one. It looks so great and vibrant on.

Plus I got my birthday gift from Kosas! Loving the lip oil and have yet to try the brow gel. Successful shopping trip!

@maggiemay410 @This thread is actually for things you didn’t get during the sale. You can post your hauls on this month’s thread Incredible April Hauls 2024 

Lipstick in general - I’m very proud of myself for not buying any during the sale. I’m trying to slow my roll on new lipstick this year so I can attempt another massive declutter of my hoard. 

Westman Atelier Lip Suede Hydrating Matte Lipstick with Hyaluronic Acid - despite what I said up there, I was initially on the fence about buying one of these. But when I saw them in person and swatched a tester in-store, the product case annoyed me so much that I wrote all these lipsticks off. It’s too big and bulky for my little paws to comfortably hold. (I mean dang, just how big are Gucci Westman’s hands?) And I hated having to hold the very short-exposed inner tube with one hand while twisting the outer case with the other hand to get the lipstick twisted up or down. And I don’t have dexterity issues; I can’t imagine someone with limited finger/hand mobility trying to use that lipstick. Such a big accessibility design failure. 🤦‍♀️ And, for a brand that claims to care about sustainability, what the heck’s up with the big bulky casing for a product as small as lipstick? It’s not even at least refillable? 🙄 I don’t even care how good (or bad) the actual lipstick formula may be; the casing alone makes this a hard pass. 

(Clearly I was personally offended by WA’s lipstick case. 😅

Danessa Myricks Beauty Groundwork: Blooming Romance - Palette For Eyes, Brows, Face & Lips - this one didn’t offend me at all. I just wasn’t sure how pink it really was until I saw it in person. I decided I don’t really need it. Eh, I might change my mind later this year since it’s got some berries and salmon color, not just the usual pinks—not just another pink palette, thank goodness. 

Boy Smells Hinoki Fantôme Candle 8.5 oz / 240 g Candle - I do still want to restock this, but I’m making myself work through my kabillion other candles first. Besides, I can get it for free via Nordy Notes, if Nordy still has it in stock when I’m ready to get another one. 

PATTERN by Tracee Ellis Ross Curl Gel Crème - I got the big pump bottle from Ulta a few days before Sephora’s sale started, so I don’t need more right now. Besides, this is another item I can get for no money OOP at Nordy or Ulta. 

There’s something else I talked myself out of, but I don’t remember what it was… I had it in my cart a few times and kept taking it out. Eh, I’ll remember eventually. 

The WA cases are ridiculous @WinglessOne!  

@WinglessOne I talked myself out of one of the WA lipsticks simply due to not having them to see in person... but I think you've talked me out of even wanting to bother swatching them.  I'm not much for mattes in the first place.... so thank you!

@missjeanie  Glad I could help! Seriously, a USD $50 lipstick should come in a much better case. 

Someone asked me “okay but is the case design really that big a deal?” Yes. Yes it is. Or am I the only person who almost always single-hand operates bullet lipsticks? I should be able to uncap, twist up, apply, twist down, and recap a bullet lipstick using just one hand. I can do that even with the unfortunately over-designed Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Fenty Icon The Fill Semi-Matte Refillable Lipstick case, though it took some practice because it’s sometimes hard to pull/nudge the Icon bullet out of the cap (the bullet base is almost too short to get a good enough single-handed grip while also holding the large cap). If a bullet case is worse designed than Fenty’s Icon case and costs more than twice as much as Fenty’s—which is refillable, by the way, and the refill is fully functional without the case—then yeah, that’s a problem. 

And okay, I’ll stop ranting about the WA lipstick now. 😅

I feel like I bought everything except the kitchen sink but I skipped the #COLOR WOW Money Mist Leave In Conditioner 5 oz / 150 ml since I have some leave in products to still try,  the Isle of Paradise Sunny Serum Instant Face Bronzer 1.01 oz / 30 mL since I got a deluxe sample of the Saie Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Multipurpose Illuminator Sunglow (plus one I already have), the Danessa Myricks Beauty Groundwork: Blooming Romance - Palette For Eyes, Brows, Face & Lips because it went OOS at the end, and Dieux Auracle Peptide & Antioxidant Eye Gel 0.68 oz / 20 ml becuase I got the Glossier Full Orbit Entire-Eye Brightening Cream 0.5 oz / 15 ml instead.

@makeitup305 I bought the #COLOR WOW Money Mist Leave In Conditioner 5 oz / 150 ml and disliked it enough that I actually returned it.  It made my hair feel sticky and definitely NOT softer.

That is good to know @CookieGirl1! I had it on my list for the next sale.

@CookieGirl1 yikes! what a save then! Sorry it didn't work out for you. I'm about to finish the Unove one and have enjoyed it so far. I had fogotten I had a Kenra leave in mist and the pearl detangler as well. I also have the Color Wow spray but I only use that one if I'm blowdrying, which isn't often.

@makeitup305 it might work better for you but I was disappointed; I was really hoping that it would be great.

Eh I probably won't risk it @CookieGirl1 considering I still have a few to try. I'm putting myself on a haircare no buy again. I had broken it since I was having so many issues with my hair shedding but it seems to be going back to normal.

IMG_4775.jpeg

Waiting for my second package to get here! Finally caved and got the Armani foundation I tried in Miami😍

im posting a full haul and trial of everything on my YouTube (queenmichelka2065)

@QueenMichelka You can post this haul in this thread Incredible April Hauls 2024 

This thread is for items you didn't get during the sale.

I did not pick up the Prada foundation.  I talked myself out of it by reminding myself that I wouldn't likely wear a full on foundation often during the summer months and it'll still be there for the fall sale.  

I also talked myself out of two blush formulas.  The PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Crème & Powder Blush Duo She's Giving and Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder Flushed - Matte Color for Cheek & Lip Primado... or Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder Flushed - Matte Color for Cheek & Lip IT Girl  I tried reminding myself that I have several hot pink cream blushes already that I haven't even come close to hitting pan on... But today I'm thinking I might snag the blushes sooner rather than later.  

@missjeanie DM does 40% off sales on her website every so often so that might be a good time to purchase. If you still want it by then and if not, it wasn't meant to be! 

@makeitup305 Ohhhh good to know!  I'll have to visit her sight and sign up for emails.  I do love a good sale moment!  

I didn’t get the SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Contour Stick because it was out of stock and I didn’t get the Oribe Gold Lust Repair & Restore Shampoo because I have been really enjoying the new Nécessaire Rosemary Shampoo For Thinning Hair 8.4 oz / 250 mL 

@faeriegirl that contour stick went in and out of stock so much!

I also didn't get Moroccanoil Night Body Serum 3.4 oz/ 100 mL .  I have more body lotions and oils to use so I decided to wait on getting this product.  I also didn't get the Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit .  I am not planning any beach getaways at this time so I am passing on this.  I generally purchase this kit to use  when I fly and I want to go with just a carry-on.  

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 118 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_4775.jpeg
testing