Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Opalescent and Optimum October Hauls 2021

Happy October, everyone!  This month we welcome spooky season, fall foliage (where applicable), fall sales, and continued pumpkin-flavored everything!  🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂  Happy Bday to all October BIC babes!

Greetings makeup mavens

Post your splurges and your savin'

Don't be craven!

Show us your hauls that are amazin'!

Photo by  @bekirdonmeezPhoto by @bekirdonmeez

29G.gif

Tags:

Re: Opalescent and Optimum October Hauls 2021

Great haul @cianni ! Enjoy all your new colors!

@cianni what do you think of the perfume?  Huda's fragrances haven't been favs for me so far but I haven't smelled this one.

@CookieGirl1 honestly I’m not sure yet! I mainly wanted to try the amber because I read on fragrantica that it was a possible dupe for KILIAN Paris Angels Share Eau de Parfum x French Montana 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray , which was a little out of the budget for now. 

I’m day testing the white flower today, and initial thoughts are that at first it was a little “grandma” powdery floral, but the dry down is more subtle. The projection isn’t great, but I did use a bit on a rollerball (I normally like to spray my hair and clothes), so that may affect how im judging it. Not totally convinced yet, but I’ll try the amber tomorrow and let you know! 

Thanks, @cianni!  

@CookieGirl1 I did a couple days of test run and have my final thoughts! HUDA BEAUTY KAYALI DÉJÀ VU WHITE FLOWER | 57 is a little powdery for me, but I like the dry down. Nor what I would normally go for but it’s alright. #HUDA BEAUTY KAYALI INVITE ONLY AMBER | 23 Travel Spray 0.34 oz/ 10 mL Eau De Parfum Intense Spray is better in my opinion. There’s a distinct note of cinnamon which I like for the fall to break up my usual vanilla-heavy fall/winter rotation. That being said, this may go back because the projection is almost non existent and the staying power is under 3 hours for both. I put on a VERY lightly scented hand cream and there was no way you could detect any perfume on my wrist, even bringing it up all the way to my nose

Thanks for the follow-up, @cianni.  That's disappointing that they have no lasting power; I think that given your description I can probably pass on them.

@cianni  Beautiful haul!

Also for the Balm products - not sure if they’re discontinuing them or not carrying the line at SDM anymore, but I picked up the gloss and liquid shadow in the clearance section for $2.49! They had complexion products too, but none in any shades I could wear 

9DBC5B37-A992-4DFB-A80C-3EDA640F23B3.jpeg

AD0CEC4A-20DB-4406-9D6D-A06A5CC242C4.jpeg

Valentino Go -cushion from Selfridges

@Seymore3 

The compact is cute.

@Seymore3 , 

Pretty compact from Valentino!

@Seymore3  So luxe!!

Oooh that looks fun @Seymore3 !

Stunning! Wow! @Seymore3 

Nice haul, @Seymore3!! Very pretty!! Enjoy!! 

@Seymore3, pretty cushion compact. Would love to know how it performs for you. I saw that the puff that comes with it is not your traditional round / circular shape but has angles, which looks like it would work nicely for getting into certain corners and contours of the face. 

@itsfiI have worn the foundation to work the last three days and so far I love it.I didn't notice the different shaped puff until you posted but I usually use a sponge(Juno&co velvet sponge currently) to apply my cushion foundations since I like to wash them more frequently than is possible with those little puffs that come in cushions.   

@Seymore3, I shall put the cushion on my list to look into after I get through a couple more cushions from my stash. I’ll have to look at the Juno sponges too. These days, I rotate through the Sonia Kashuk, Real Techniques and beautyblender sponges. I like using a sponge for application too; the puff comes in handy for the occasional touch up. 

Oh wow, pretty, @Seymore3! I hope you like it!

Except for the iS Clinical Warming Honey Cleanser which I picked up at Violet Grey, everything else is from a Sephora sale earlier last month (I think it was last month, could have been the month before). The #lipstories balm in Date Prep is a favorite - it's been in and out of stock; I happened upon it being in stock in the wee hours of the morning and ordered 3 and the Treasure Hunt shade.

Sephora + Violet GreySephora + Violet Grey

I didn't initially plan to purchase the Charlotte Tilbury Cryo Recovery Face Mask, interesting as it looks and sounds. I was at an event late last week where prizes were raffled off. No, I didn't win this mask initially. A gentleman won a R&R themed spa gift basket which contained this mask. 😲 He didn't care for his gift basket and wanted a bottle of wine that I won, so we traded. I, of course, had to give the mask a go. 😉 So I popped the mask (in the pouch) into the freezer earlier today while I went out to run some errands. Directions say to leave it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes; I was probably out for a couple of hours. I found the mask to be cooling, relaxing, refreshing, and depuffing, albeit temporarily (I'm not so sure about these acupressure dots but I've only used the mask once). It seemed like something a friend might enjoy so I ended up purchasing one as a gift as well.
10.3.2021 Haul - CT.jpg10.3.2021 Haul - CT2.jpg
Spoiler
CT cryo mask - interior viewCT cryo mask - interior viewCT cryo mask - exterior viewCT cryo mask - exterior view

Spoiler
Charlotte Tilbury cryo maskCharlotte Tilbury cryo mask

@itsfi, i really like those lipstories balms, and the lipsticks too. Are the 3 kaja mascaras meant to be layered? What do you think of them?

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos178
  • Photo by  @bekirdonmeez
  • 29G.gif
  • 20211002_183846~2.jpg
  • 20211002_181036~2.jpg
  • 20211002_175811~2.jpg
  • FB5FF7AE-5F67-42D6-97B6-9664AC1CFBFF.jpeg
  • Sephora + Violet Grey
  • 10.3.2021 Haul - CT.jpg
  • 10.3.2021 Haul - CT2.jpg