Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Opalescent and Optimum October Hauls 2021

Happy October, everyone!  This month we welcome spooky season, fall foliage (where applicable), fall sales, and continued pumpkin-flavored everything!  🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂  Happy Bday to all October BIC babes!

Greetings makeup mavens

Post your splurges and your savin'

Don't be craven!

Show us your hauls that are amazin'!

Photo by  @bekirdonmeezPhoto by @bekirdonmeez

29G.gif

Tags:

Re: Opalescent and Optimum October Hauls 2021

Really pretty palettes @cianni ! Will be fun to experiment I bet!

Excellent choices @cianni! 😍 That MJ trio looks beautiful with the brown and blue combination. 

@itsfi thank you! I didn’t know that MJ was being discontinued, I regret not picking up more on sale! I had never used the shadows but after trying this little trio, I wish I had some of the bigger palettes in my collection 🤦🏽‍♀️

@cianni, I’ve seen Marc Jacobs products at TJ Maxx / Marshalls or Winners - all sorts of items - brushes, fragrance, eye liners, and the large eyeshadow palettes too. If there’s a store near you, it might be worth checking out. 

@itsfigoood to know! Not that I needed another excuse to browse my local Marshall’s/winners 😂 

@cianni ,

Yay for this haul!

Great haul! @cianni 

This is a spectacular haul!!! @cianni miss your face 🌹

Fantastic haul @cianni !

@cianni  Wow you did a great job taking advantage of the F&F!! Awesome haul!!

Love the palettes, @cianni!

Great haul @cianni ! Enjoy all your new colors!

@cianni what do you think of the perfume?  Huda's fragrances haven't been favs for me so far but I haven't smelled this one.

@CookieGirl1 honestly I’m not sure yet! I mainly wanted to try the amber because I read on fragrantica that it was a possible dupe for KILIAN Paris Angels Share Eau de Parfum x French Montana 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray , which was a little out of the budget for now. 

I’m day testing the white flower today, and initial thoughts are that at first it was a little “grandma” powdery floral, but the dry down is more subtle. The projection isn’t great, but I did use a bit on a rollerball (I normally like to spray my hair and clothes), so that may affect how im judging it. Not totally convinced yet, but I’ll try the amber tomorrow and let you know! 

Thanks, @cianni!  

@CookieGirl1 I did a couple days of test run and have my final thoughts! KAYALI DÉJÀ VU WHITE FLOWER | 57 is a little powdery for me, but I like the dry down. Nor what I would normally go for but it’s alright. #HUDA BEAUTY KAYALI INVITE ONLY AMBER | 23 Travel Spray 0.34 oz/ 10 mL Eau De Parfum Intense Spray is better in my opinion. There’s a distinct note of cinnamon which I like for the fall to break up my usual vanilla-heavy fall/winter rotation. That being said, this may go back because the projection is almost non existent and the staying power is under 3 hours for both. I put on a VERY lightly scented hand cream and there was no way you could detect any perfume on my wrist, even bringing it up all the way to my nose

Thanks for the follow-up, @cianni.  That's disappointing that they have no lasting power; I think that given your description I can probably pass on them.

@cianni  Beautiful haul!

Also for the Balm products - not sure if they’re discontinuing them or not carrying the line at SDM anymore, but I picked up the gloss and liquid shadow in the clearance section for $2.49! They had complexion products too, but none in any shades I could wear 

9DBC5B37-A992-4DFB-A80C-3EDA640F23B3.jpeg

AD0CEC4A-20DB-4406-9D6D-A06A5CC242C4.jpeg

Valentino Go -cushion from Selfridges

@Seymore3 

The compact is cute.

1,312 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos178
  • Photo by  @bekirdonmeez
  • 29G.gif