Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Ipsy August 2014

The first Sneak Peek has been released!

I think this is a great start!

Re: Ipsy August 2014

This will be my second month at ipsy. I am thinking about unsubscribing. I get glossybox already and love love it. Any suggestions on other great boxes?

I am still mad at Glossybox, but I agree the boxes are fabulous.

Have you ever subscribed to Birchbox?  It is my fave.  For the same $10 I pay Ipsy, I typically get better stuff.  Since the revamp, I like that I get to pick a sample each month or pick the every girl box (assuming I am fast enough and like enough of the samples).  Then, I know all of the items I will get.  Birchbox always has a nice mix of products too.  The peel I got in the last box is amazing!

will consider birchbox, are the samples the same size as ipsy? 

They're usually deluxe sample sizes. Full sizes are less common than with Ipsy, but I think you get a better quality of product, in general.

They are also well-rounded. Just about every box includes one each of makeup, hair care, skin care, and body, with a fifth item (an extra in one of those groups or a "lifestyle" item.)

Personally, I love Birchbox. You aren't going to love every single item in every single box. That's just not gonna happen since we all like different things. But for $10 a month, it's a lot of fun and I've found quite a few products that I love.

I absolutely love glossy box! I would suggest lip factory- IF you're into lip products, because that's what you'll get a lot of. I've been getting them for 3 or 4 months now, I think, and last month's box was the only one I didn't care for.

I'm on the brink, too. I agree that Glossybox is the way to go. I've seen what people have been getting in the Sample Society one, and it looks enticing, too.

Yup, my friend left ipsy for sample society! I'm hoping for better luck with ipsy

Highlighted

Well...this is my glam bag.

Well I got the same thing - ha

I thought your box sounded like mine from the pm you sent me. Now, I see we got the exact same box.  From the options they showed, I have to say I am quite happy.  This may be one of the better boxes.

That looks like a good one! It gives me hope.

I'm getting the same exact selection this month! XD

Anyone know of a good one that ships to Canada?

Topbox looks great, and they are Canada only right now. Maybe some of the Canadians on here can chime in, but all the picture I have seen of it look great.

You can search for subscription box photo sharing and that thread should have some photos of them

@ Zpsid91

Thanks, will look into them!

Looks like I'm getting:

Dr.Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner

J. Cat Beauty Flying Solo Eyeshadow

Jersey Shore Sun 'Mongongo' Lip Conditioner

Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk

and

Urban Decay's Perversion Mascara (I was really hoping for the eyeliner lol)

It looks like a decent bag! But I just don't know what flavor 'mongongo' is supposed to be and i've never heard of j cat.

EDIT: Apparently glamglow was also an option! I am incredibly sad that I won't be getting that one. I've never tried glamglow and would love to try it!

Are you part of any swap groups? I think many people will be swapping eyeliners for mascara and vice versa). I tried to find more details about the mongongo but it just said there were multiple fruit flavors in it. The glamglow would have been nice but I wanted all makeup and that's what I'll be getting! Smiley Very Happy The 30% off coupon though is really nice. I'm debating whether or not to do it.

are there coupons for items that you don't get in your bag too?

Ooooh, Glamglow coupon... XD

Yes. In your Glam Room you can click, "See the rest of this month's products," and then click each item to see what offers are available on the product pages. I was also hoping there would be one for Urban Decay but there isn't.

That Klorane dry shampoo is reeeally good. I'm not a huge dry shampoo person, but I liked it so much  got a full size bottle from Birchbox.

On the down side, I saw a bunch of people complaining about J Cat. I've never heard it it, but they were not happy about it being in our bags.

I was hoping for the Coastal Scents eyeshadow sample, but the blush duo looks pretty too! I'm happy with this month's bag. Smiley Happy

I'm getting the exact same bag! I'm actually really looking forward to this month

Er... I'm not so sure I want to subscribe to all of their youtube channels. I've only seen one of them and I found her annoying. O.o

I subscribed and then unsubscribed immediately after finishing all of the steps Smiley Happy

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos14
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • Sample Society Aug.PNG
  • augglam.PNG
  • Untitled.png
  • Ipsy Aug.PNG
  • image.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-06 at 10.58.11 AM.png