Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Incredible April Hauls 2024

Please post your incredible hauls for this month. I can’t wait to see what everyone gets during the Sephora Savings Event which starts first for Rouge members on 4/5.

Sephora Savings Event 2024 FAQs (Updated 3/4) 

Happy Birthday month April babies!!!

IMG_3271.jpeg

Re: Incredible April Hauls 2024

Thanks for the swatches @Loretta55 . Love me some Charlotte Tilbury 

Thank you very much @CorgiMommy.

Well done @Loretta55; well done! 😍👏 Love seeing the swatches of the lip products and it's good to know the formula is reminiscent of the Summer Fridays lip oils. Or, maybe it's not so good to know. 💸💸 The shades look great. 

I originally regretted purchasing the Summer Fridays lip oils @itsfi . I felt that the colors were very similar. The formula was not as moisturizing as my favorite InnBeauty Project. That is by far my favorite. This formula though is quite moisturizing. Thank you very much.

Ooh I missed that face palette when she first released it. Great CT haul @Loretta55 🥰

Thank you very much @blackkitty2014.

@Loretta55  The lip glosses look great! Good to hear the formula’s more comfy now. And the highlighter looks like a good mix of shades for a cool-toned or neutral look. 

I plan on wearing the highlighter and Lipgasm to work today @WinglessOne. I will update later with my thoughts.

Still no swatches of anything, to avoid contaminating stuff with residual covid*. But here’s a small Sephora order I made while lip items had a point multiplier**. 

A little pre-show before my spring sale items roll in.A little pre-show before my spring sale items roll in.

The Ordinary Retinal 0.2% Emulsion Serum 0.5 oz / 15 ml - the reason I placed this order. For a few years, I’ve used Avène RetrinAL 0.1 Intensive Cream (0.1% retinal) each night. Last year I finished a full bottle of YTTP’s 0.15% retinal serum with no issues. Now I’m trying The Ordinary’s 0.2% retinal serum, starting at every other night to see how my skin tolerates it. So far, so good: my skin’s already plenty used to retinaldehyde and tolerates it very well—even better than retinol—so I can probably safely increase usage of this 0.2% to nightly within a couple weeks. This stuff is day-glo yellow and has a consistency similar to YTTP’s: thinner than Avene’s but not watery. At about $30/oz USD, The Ordinary’s could be a good lower cost alternative for me, and a good strength step-up. 👍

I felt very weird about having just that little tube shipped in a box (it’s not available in stores yet). Then I noticed Sephora Collection lip products had a point multiplier, plus some were on sale, so… 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Rouge Lacquer Long-Lasting Lipstick shades Power Suit and I’m A Legend - in my defense, these were just $5 each. 🙃 I have a couple other shades and they’re pretty glossy, with no bleeding/feathering that I can recall. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Retractable Rouge Gel Lip Liner shades Bellflower, Monarch, and Nectarine at half off, I figured I’d buy a few backups—especially of Nectarine, a lip liner shade I very rarely see anywhere. These are still my second favorite gel lip liners (after Pat McGrath’s) for overall performance. 

GWP:

• Lion Pose UNSPOTTED 4X Dark Spot + Hyperpigmentation AHA Serum 1 oz / 30 ml - was intrigued by the mix of azelaic acid, arrowroot, centella asiatica, plum seed, glutathione, niacinamide, and lactic & glycolic acids; that’s a lot of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and hyperpigmentation fighting potential. There’s also tranexamic acid, but I’m still not convinced it’s very helpful when applied topically (vs. taken orally, which is how it’s normally used to treat melasma). I kinda hope I don’t love this serum because it costs more than I care to spend. 🫠
  • TOM FORD Oud Wood Eau de Parfum Fragrance - the warehouse subbed this for the fragrance sample I requested. 

*I’m now in my 10 day post-symptomatic “no more self-isolation” period, hooray! I do still have symptoms but they’re mild and improving, so I’ll be diligently masking in public whenever I leave home for the next several days. And now that I can taste and smell things again, I’ll probably go crazy eating/drinking all of the things now. The last time I coughed as hard and frequently as I did during my first 4 covid days, I had bronchitis—and that was many years ago. Were I not vaccinated for covid, I’d mostly likely have spent this infection in a hospital. 

**Haha, what’d I recently say in 2024 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD about not letting point multipliers trick me into buying things? AND these are all lip items? Sheesh… at least they were all on sale (in addition to bonus points). 

@WinglessOne Lovely haul. I really enjoy the Sephora lip liners 💋

Thanks @Mellmars1185 !

Pretty Sephora lip liner colors, @WinglessOne!

@WinglessOne  I hope you’re feeling better post Covid. I have been eyeing that TO retinal so it sounds great it’s a good alternative. I may pick it up during the sale! 

We're so happy to hear your getting and feeling better @WinglessOne 🩵🩵🩵

I am very curious about this nectarine lip liner shade, I'm probably going to go take a look after I post this. 😉

What did you think of TOM FORD Oud Wood Eau de Parfum Fragrance I got this as a surprise sample too. I never had smelt any Oud before. I really liked it. 🤩

Nice haul @WinglessOne ! I’m glad you are feeling better!

Hope you are feeling much better, enjoy your goodies 

@WinglessOne, the SC Nectarine liner is such a pretty shade, and rare too, as you mentioned. What a great deal, too!I'm looking forward to giving the Lion Pose Unspotted a try; hear ya on the price though - with my luck, I'm sure I'll love the product. lol. Glad to hear you are on the mend; I hope you thoroughly enjoy your next few eating / drinking outings - what will be your first culinary treat?

Oh you got TF perfume. I think my husband likes that one ☝️ Wishing you fully recovery soon so you can playing around with your goodies @WinglessOne 

Great choices @WinglessOne . Glad to hear that you are feeling better but please don’t rush back to your daily routine. I don’t feel like I am feeling as well health wise since my Covid infection in 1/22.

Thanks @Loretta55 ! Sorry to hear you’re still not back to feeling well post-covid. I’m sure you’ve already seen a doc about possibly having long covid… I hope that’s not what’s ailing you. I know a few people dealing with that, and one of them was infected in 2021 so he’s resigned himself to living with residual issues forever. 😞 

My main holdover symptom is that dang cough, but it’s much less frequent now and is at least productive. (When this crud first hit me, I was dry-coughing constantly and wound up with very sore ribs.) If the cough doesn’t continue to improve within the next 5 days, I’ll see my doc about it. Lung related issues are no joke. 

22 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos321
  • IMG_3271.jpeg
  • 1000004869.jpg
  • 1000004870.jpg
  • 1000004871.jpg
  • IMG_3407.jpeg
  • IMG_3398.jpeg
  • IMG_3402.jpeg
  • IMG_1227.jpeg
  • IMG_1237.jpeg
  • IMG_1246.jpeg
  • IMG_1242.jpeg
  • IMG_1230.jpeg
  • A little pre-show before my spring sale items roll in.
  • IMG_1721.jpeg
  • IMG_1723.jpeg
testing