Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2023 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

Holiday 2023 Shopping Advice ThreadHoliday 2023 Shopping Advice Thread

If shopping beauty is your passion, it’s your time to shine: the holiday season is here! And in our opinion, it’s never too early to start building that basket! Think of this thread as your ultimate resource for getting – and giving! – unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs this season. Or maybe you’re not quite ready to start making a dent in that gift list, and instead want to scoop up a few beauty steals for yourself! Either way, you’ve come to the right place to swap beauty recs, show off your shopping haul, and get help making those hard purchase decisions… and don’t forget to share all your glorious unboxings, swatches, and more! ❄

Reply below and let us know: What are you adding to your basket this holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday 2023 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Cyber Week Basket? (Updated 11/20)

@vivaladoc Agree with @itsfi , the Sunday Riley Vitamin C line is great.  I haven't even heard of Ode to Dullness, but I feel like I might need to find tester!

Re: Holiday 2023 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Cyber Week Basket? (Updated 11/20)

@missjeanie, if you are able to catch a whiff of Ode to Dullness, I would love to hear your thoughts on the notes. Ummm, because we both know I just need another fragrance. 😂

@itsfi The list of fragrances I now want to sample.... it's ... grown... significantly.  I found the description for the new Black Opium, I think it's called Over Red, very intriguing.  I've now got both of these on my list! 

Wait.

There's a new YSL fragrance in their Black Opium line, @missjeanie? Over Red, you say? Hold, please. <<opens new window to search for this new fragrances ...

And, I'm adding it to my list as well! 😀 It looks and sounds intriguing.

@itsfi The cherry top note and Coffee base had me intrigued.  It sounds like a wonderful dessert.  I'm not sure why but the 'Ode to Dullness' makes me feel like I need a glass of Irish Cream over ice when I read the description. 

Excellent choices @vivaladoc. Sunday Riley's Vitamin C line is impressive. I love the ombre packaging of the JHAG fragrances. I've been meaning to test out that particular scent. 

I'm trying very hard to be done with shopping for myself (the operative word there is "trying" 😂) and have been using Cyber Week to pick up gifts for others on my list.

The SEPHORA COLLECTION #LIPSTORIES Lipstick Set  makes a great stocking stuffer, either as a set or taken apart, and with it being 50% at the moment, I may pick up a couple for a backup Christmas gift - I always seem to find out about someone coming over at the last minute, which I'm fine with, except when I don't have a gift under the tree for them. Having some extras has always come in handy.

Sephora Lipstick Set 1.jpg

Sephora Lipstick Set 2.jpg

OR, for those who are entering into final exams, breaking up the lipstick set and adding a SEPHORA COLLECTION Holiday Coconut Foot Mask or SEPHORA COLLECTION Holiday Mango Hand Mask, or both, makes for a great care package. 🎁 

SC foot and hand mask.jpg

@itsfi Your swatches may have added two of the Sephora Collection lip sets to my basket.  I've also been trying to shop for others this week... but I mean... If I love Sweater Weather and Let's Celebrate, I can give away Naughty or Nice to a friend who loves reds... And breaking up a set would be a great stocking stuffer!  

I remember you giving the SC Hand and Foot masks accolades a few years ago and ever since I try to snag a few for gifts this time of year.  I think we tend to neglect masking on our hands and feet and everyone who tries them falls in love!

@missjeanie, I thought of you when I swatched Sweater Weather. I actually swatched these when I was in New York but have just been behind on posting (read: I got busy with other things and completely forgot I had swatches of these lippies). 

Those hand and foot masks work so well as gifts / stocking stuffers and not just for the holidays either. You're right, those body parts do not get as much love as they deserve. Always something I try to resolve to do better but it doesn't always happen the way I plan it in my head. lol Those, along with exfoliating foot masks and gentle steam eye masks are my go-to little treats that have a big impact.

@itsfi I totally got two of the SC lip set.  I'm planning on keeping two and the rest will join both the hand and foot masks as well as some steam eye masks in stockings!  My SO now loves the steam eye masks when he gets migraines.  You've been quite the influencer with my stocking shopping this year!

Ahhhh, steam eye masks!! I loooove those! Does your SO have a preference for scents in the steam eye masks @missjeanie? Do you? 

Yaaaay for stocking stuffers! ♥️ I only got stockings later in life, as an older kid, so I’m all for finding things I want (and therefore pick up) for my stocking now. Hahaha! 😆 

@itsfi I don't think either of us are picky about the scents.  I usually pick up any box if I happen across them in real life.  When I order them I'll pick something random every time, but am usually drawn to the citrus ones.  When I use them I don't really notice a preference so I think it's more of a subconscious preference for fruity over floral?  I don't even know if my SO notices there are different scents lol.  

My mom did pretty epic stockings for us as far as I remember.  My Sister in law actually commented on this when she joined the family.  She'd always gotten pretty basic ones and never saw the major appeal of them until SantaMom stepped in.  I now feel the need to carry this on for my family and likely go a touch overboard.  Shocking no one I'm sure.  

I kinda feel like we might need to get you a few extra stockings to make up for the lost time here.... 

@itsfi ,

Thanks for the swatches on the Sephora Collection Lipstories Lipstick Set!  I was interested, but Sephora originally didn't show anything but the outside of the containers.

@tsavorite, oh, I should have posted the swatches earlier. Sorry. The packaging is adorable, which is to be expected with the #lipstories products. The lip colors are pretty - my eye goes to the middle one right away. 

@itsfi ,

Great minds think alike!  💄 Me, too.  From the beginning.

@tsavorite, awww! You've always been one of the MLBB lip color lovers on here that I count on for rock solid endorsements, with a side of enabling and encouraging along the way! 💖 

Shout out to my peeps.jpg

Do you think you'll end up getting the #lipstories trio set?

@itsfi ,

I will get it, since seeing your swatches was just the encouragement that I needed❣️ MLBB for sure!

Yaaay! I'm all about the encouragement @tsavorite😉

Nice! Are the holiday masks any different than the regular ones? 😍

Great question @catalana87. The only difference is the packaging for the holiday hand and foot masks and the design on the masks themselves. You'd get the same results if you picked up the masks in the regular line - 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Foot Mask 1 Pair Coconut / nourishing and soothing to comfort dry skin 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Hand Mask (I can't seem to tag the mango version, which is the "flavor" of the holiday hand mask.

Here's the print on the holiday foot mask:

sc foot mask.jpg

SC Holiday foot mask 2.png

Trying is good @itsfi . I did the same but not very good at it 🥰😘🤣😂

2 Replies
testing