Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Dynamite December Hauls 2021

Tis was the night before Christmas,

And not a creature was stirring....

(Except for those who waited & procrastinated! 😉)

796d78d17a6ed0696247ba7bcc4bbcd4.gif

c018b2d709ad2b75a7d73a61c94946ca.gif

  

tenor (20).gif

For any holiday that you celebrate this time of year, 

show us all the goodies dear. 

(Please post remaining Nov hauls in Nov thread until tomorrow Dec 1. )

Re: Dynamite December Hauls 2021

@quspork I have thick and coarse hair and thr JVN hair mask was a no for me.

Thanks for the feedback, @itsfi

UPDATE 1.5.2022: I reached for the shampoo and conditioner from the JVN Nurture Hydrating line on Monday morning and thought I'd share an update. I will be using the shampoo and conditioner again this week, along with the Air Dry Cream and the Hair Mask and will tag folks when I post an update on those items.

JVN Nurture Hydrating Shampoo & ConditionerJVN Nurture Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner

SHAMPOO:

Spoiler
First, the scent is amazing and I'm convinced it's a scent I've smelled before but for the life of me, I haven't been able to pinpoint it - to my nose, it's fruity-floral (maybe tropical, Hawaii floral type) with a hint of a soft, light creamy, slightly sweet, slightly woodsy, slightly warm scent. It feels like a very familiar scent to me and I've been trying to figure it out what it is since Monday.

JVN Nurture Hydrating Shampoo 10 oz/ 295 mL  suds up nicely - not too much though, which I found nice. I used the shampoo on my scalp, working it into a slight lather. My scalp and my hair at the crown felt clean and cleansed without feeling stripped for dry. I went back in for more product so I could apply it to the length of my hair.

After rinsing, this section felt clean and cleansed as well, but while this part of my hair didn't feel stripped, it did feel a tad on the dry side. For my next pass with the shampoo, I will not reach for more product from the tube for the length, and will see how it feels if I just use on that secion of the my hair the runoff watered down product that I apply to the crown of my head (stay tuned!)

CONDITIONER: 

Spoiler

Whatever slight drying feel was a non-issue once I applied the JVN Nurture Hydrating Conditioner 10 oz/ 295 mL # to the length of my hair. The consistency of the conditioner is a bit creamier than most conditioners. It's not so rich that it's difficult to work through my hair. Many conditioners have a consistency that I'd describe as somewhere between a light emulsion and a lotion. This JVN conditioner feels more like cross between a lotion and a light cream - there's a richness, creaminess to it but it doesn't feel balmy or heavy.

A little product goes a long way, I used maybe the size of  nickel and that was enough for me to work it through the length of my hair - it does a really nice job of detangling (though it should be noted that my hair strands are on the fine, thin side but I have a lot of hair - this conditioner may not be creamy enough for those with thicker hair).

After towel drying my hair, it felt clean and light, but at that point, I wouldn't have said it felt hydrated. That assessment, however, changed after my hair was fully dry.  I was very happy to see that it not only looked clean, healthy, hydrated and happy, but that it had a noticeable bounce and fullness at the top and ends of my hair that I was not at all expecting (but that I was happy, really happy, to see). I did have some flyaways and frizz but there was not as many as I have had in the past when using other shampoos and conditioners.

As for the scent on the conditioner, I can pick up a little of the same scent that is in the shampoo, but what comes out more to my nose is an olive scent - it's not heavy or overpowering, but is detectable to my nose - it's a scent I became familiar with using the JLo Beauty sheet mask and some of her skincare products. I checked the ingredients list on JVN's direct site and yep, there's a couple of olive oil-derived esters in the INCI list.

For anyone interested, here are swatches of the consistency of the products:

Spoiler
JVN Hair Set Swatch.jpg

A full two days have passed since I used the shampoo and conditioner. My hair doesn't feel slick but there's a bit of shine coming through at the top this morning. I think I could get by without washing it for another day with a dry shampoo but I'm still debating whether I want to this morning. In any event, I am liking the shampoo and conditioner, the conditioner more than the shampoo, but want to give them another try this week along with the other two products in the JVN Complete Hydration Hair Set. The air dry cream will be next from the set and the the hair mask over the weekend. I'll try to post updates the day after I use the products but it's a busy week at work so I might not post about the remaining two items from the set until the weekend. I'll tag people when I do post. 

Tagging folks who expressed an interest in the JVN products (sorry if I missed anyone) - @CookieGirl1 @lmaster @makeitup305 @faeriegirl @greeneyedgirl107 @haleyvvvv @k3ara 

Thank you for the update, @itsfi!! Super helpful!!

thanks so much for the update @itsfi !

@itsfi VERY in-depth!  Thanks!

@itsfi that was a very helpful and very thorough breakdown.  Thank you! I'm definitely intrigued... 

@CookieGirl1, I was really surprised by how my hair looked and felt after it had completely dried. 🥰 The shampoo and conditioner were all I used. Definitely excited to see how the other products perform. 

@itsfi your review definitely makes me even more interested, and especially for the price it's a really good deal just to be able to try things!

@CookieGirl1 @itsfi agree!

Nice Haul!!!! so aesthetically pleasing!!!! which is your favourite so far?!

Thank you @k3ara😊 With the JVN products, I've only tried the shampoo and conditioner so far and of the two, the conditioner performed better for me. I am looking forward to giving the air dry cream and the hair mask a try. Of the Biossance skincare goodies, I've been a big fan of the Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 1.01 oz / 30 mL and that's still a fave. I just finished some patch testing of a couple of the other Biossance products so I will be giving them a try soon and will likely start with either the sample of the cleanser or the lactic acid-based serum. 

Amazing hauls, @itsfi!! That JVN hair kit looks excellent!! Enjoy your goodies!!

Thank you @haleyvvvv! I love sets like the JVN Complete Hydration Hair Set - it's a great way to really try a product, or in this case, a set of products, which is really helpful in determining whether a product works for you before committing to a full size. He included a good amount of product in these trial sizes as well; really appreciate that. 💜 I also like that the packaging for the items in this set is also made of aluminum like the full sized versions (recyclable and since it's not glass, I don't have any anxiety that it might shatter in the shower if I dropped one) and the shape of the tubes makes it easy to use and pack. 👍

@itsfi @faeriegirl Yes, we'll need the details on the JVN!  I'm curious about the hair oil.

This got me thinking, I'm been wondering about celebrity-led brands.  I mean, Makeup by Mario seemed like it would have happened years ago.  But JVN seems like it happened more quickly.  Now, with companies like Seed products can happen so much more quickly.  I wonder if it means anything if a brand comes out quickly or slowly these days.  Would love to hear BIC's thoughts.

@greeneyedgirl107, that's an interesting observation about the timing of new celebrity brand launches. Will be keeping an eye on what folks on BIC have to say.

Were you interested in the JVN Complete Pre-Wash Scalp & Hair Strengthening Treatment Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL or the JVN Complete Nourishing Hair Oil Shine Drops 1.7 oz/ 50 mL? I picked up the latter which should arrive late this week or over the weekend.  

@itsfi I didn't realize there were two!  I was interested in the JVN Complete Nourishing Hair Oil Shine Drops 1.7 oz/ 50 mL .  I took a look at the ingredient list just now.  I thought the addition of squalane was interesting.  It seems like most of the product is fragrance, though - Fragrance/Parfum, Coumarin, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Limonene.  Curious how you like it!  I was on the search for a new hair oil, I just kind of gave up.

@greeneyedgirl107, that is a lot of fragrance in the product. 🤔 I’ll let you know how it goes. What hair oils have you used? 

@itsfi My current go-to is Matrix Oil Wonders - it's been discontinued for quite some time.  I'm almost done with the bottle I purchased 8 years ago or so.  I've also used:

ALTERNA Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist 4.2 oz/ 125 mL 

ALTERNA Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Pure Treatment Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Bumble & Bumble Invisible Hair Oil (can never seem to tag that particular product)

Josie Maran 100 percent Pure Argan Oil 

IGK Crybaby Anti-Frizz Smoothing Serum 

It's a Ten Miracle Oil Plus Keratin

ALTERNA Haircare CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Smoothing Anti-Frizz Nourishing Oil 

Living Proof Nourishing Hair Oil

...I think that's all of them!

Excellent haul @itsfi! I would love to hear what you think of the JVN!

Thank you @faeriegirl! So many great deals and fun beauties to be had last month! I just posted my initial thoughts on the JVN shampoo and conditioner. ⬆️ Will try the other two items in the set this week and tag you! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos277
  • 796d78d17a6ed0696247ba7bcc4bbcd4.gif
  • tenor (20).gif
  • c018b2d709ad2b75a7d73a61c94946ca.gif
  • 1201211517.jpg
  • 1201211515.jpg
  • 1201211518.jpg
  • D80CCB0D-53BF-45F8-8F27-CFC3EFA2D2B9.jpeg
  • 5069BC05-6BB9-42B4-9AC9-B53F93CD9605.jpeg
  • hauls2021-Dec-1-1.jpeg